• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely, and he has alot of potential. I don't believe that we are in the lead to get him(I'd give that to Miami), but I always thought that he was at the least, more attainable than Lebron/KD. One thing I am glad about is that we have already been knocked out of the Lebron/KD scenario. If we would of gotten meetings with either of those guys, we would of waited, and let other FA's go by.

The Lakers have 60 million.

They don't have to wait for shit.

Offer KD a max, still have a max for Whiteside and 10 million in change for a bench guy.

They have little shot at Durant. But, it costs them little to try.

Last edited:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Conley is worth the Max to anyone outside of the Grizz, Mavs, Nets, Kings or Sixers.

He's very good. But, that's a lot of money for 15 and 6.

Plus, I see him joining the Spurs if they are willing to pay.

For guys like Him and Durant, I don't know why you would leave your situation if it's not to go to the Warriors, Cavs or Spurs.

Sacto should have traded for Bledsoe. I can't for the life of me figure out how you came away from that draft deal without a Pg.

Take a look at Marcus Smart, Jeremy Lin and Austin Rivers too.
People get paid max contracts even if they're not deserving of one, and I'd rather give him that deal then re-sign Rondo for 4 years. Unfortunately your comments aren't just for them, other FA's might be looking at hooking onto one of those top teams you listed which would just make the parity in the NBA even worse. :sigh:
A trade for Bledsoe could happen, the Suns obviously have guard depth. Vlade wanted to get Dunn, but a trade up for him didn't happen so he focused on adding talent elsewhere. This is the start of the offseason, your roster doesn't have to be complete by the end of the draft. If it's the end of July or mid August and the Kings haven't added a PG or 2, then there's a problem.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to bring back Tarik Black but he's gone with Zubac coming in, unless Zubac is the 3rd strong C.

Zubac needs to be developed. Either in Europe or the d-league.

What they need to do is get rid of Sacre

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubac needs to be developed. Either in Europe or the d-league.

What they need to do is get rid of Sacre

Sightly off topic......but I think I'm going to vote for Queen Elizabeth as a write in vote for President.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have 60 million.

They don't have to wait for shit.

Offer KD a max, still have a max for Whiteside and 10 million in change for a bench guy.

They have little shot at Durant. But, it costs them little to try.

Nobody would love that more than yours truly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sightly off topic......but I think I'm going to vote for Queen Elizabeth as a write in vote for President.

Oh hell no, I don't like the Royals.

But she'll be probably better than the two options you guys will have to chose from soon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would bring the Lakers up to 49 million and 64 million if Clarkson gets 15 million per season.

Would leave us 30-31 million to add to the bench, veterans needed.

Durant and Lebron aren't coming, but the Lakers will have to practice due diligence and at least check in with them anyway. I'd say getting Whiteside is likely about 50/50, that could change either way depending on if they decide to try and sign him to a less than max deal or just bite the bullet and offer him a max.

Then I'd like to see them sign some solid vets like Noah and/or Deng to 2-3 year contracts to help mentor the youngsters.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Whiteside, but I worry a bit, about his pick and roll defense.

All bigs hate playing pick and roll defense. That's why there aren't a lot of them that are good at it, especially centers. Even the one's who are good at it, hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.