• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also why the hell would the wizards pay 30 million a year ( the max) to noah??? Hes coming off a injury. It's one thing if this was 2 years ago. But only played 29 games?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bucks are interested in Noah too. They should really be chasing Conley. Carter williams is a terrible fit.

Can you imagine that team with Conley?

PG Conley
SG Middelton
SF Giannis
PF Parker
C Monroe

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you're slow or something.

74 million committed to 8 players. The cap is gonna be around 94-95. You need 13-14 players to field a squad. Do the math.

I obviously know what youre talking about LOL. Clear Bogut for space

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no one saw the contracts jumping THIS much when the Cavs handed out TT's extension, nor Loves. Irving's was understandable and earned his extension. Saying TT's contract looks like a steal after the fact doesn't excuse it was a bad deal in the first place.

The predicted leap in salary cap within the last and a half year went from 77M, to 88M, to 94M.
this is extremely wrong. The cap was expected to be 90 for a long time- ever since last offseason at the VERY least. That was the part of the leverage Thompson was using if you remember correctly- which I am sure you probably dont.

THE DAY Thompson signed that contract IN THIS HERE ARTICLE the guy estimates the cap will be 94 million for the next year.

Grade the deal: Cavaliers sign Tristan Thompson for $82 million

cmon dude.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is extremely wrong. The cap was expected to be 90 for a long time- ever since last offseason at the VERY least. That was the part of the leverage Thompson was using if you remember correctly- which I am sure you probably dont.

THE DAY Thompson signed that contract IN THIS HERE ARTICLE the guy estimates the cap will be 94 million for the next year.

Grade the deal: Cavaliers sign Tristan Thompson for $82 million

cmon dude.

Too funny.
Tristan's leverage was James telling him he'd make sure Gilbert would pay him 50% more then anyone else would.

Now, we're a week away from multiple teams hoping Whiteside will take a max from them.
Anything to say about that?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY FA wish list:
Conley
Fournier

Conley/DC
Fournier/Richardson/McLemore
Gay/Casspi
WCS/Skal
Cousins/Koufos/Big George
I'd be happy with this, maybe trade Rudy and Ben for a cheaper SG and then sign Bazemore instead of Fournier. There's 0 chance we get Conley, but it would be cool to see.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant to the Clips

With what money?

We would have to trade Pierce, JJ and renounce everyone while bringing nothing back to get to 20 million.

Still not enough.

We could trade Blake to OKC or DeAndre into Portland or Knicks cap space. But, why would he want to come here if we did either?

Clippers need to be realistic and call Bazemore, Courtney Lee or Blow it up.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with this, maybe trade Rudy and Ben for a cheaper SG and then sign Bazemore instead of Fournier. There's 0 chance we get Conley, but it would be cool to see.

I don't think Conley is worth the Max to anyone outside of the Grizz, Mavs, Nets, Kings or Sixers.

He's very good. But, that's a lot of money for 15 and 6.

Plus, I see him joining the Spurs if they are willing to pay.

For guys like Him and Durant, I don't know why you would leave your situation if it's not to go to the Warriors, Cavs or Spurs.

Sacto should have traded for Bledsoe. I can't for the life of me figure out how you came away from that draft deal without a Pg.

Take a look at Marcus Smart, Jeremy Lin and Austin Rivers too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny.
Tristan's leverage was James telling him he'd make sure Gilbert would pay him 50% more then anyone else would.

Now, we're a week away from multiple teams hoping Whiteside will take a max from them.
Anything to say about that?

Is this a good idea?

I could see this going the way of Chandler Parsons.

Houston waited on Bosh, Mavs stole Parsons.

Knicks, BUCKS, Lakers, Blazers, Mavs can offer him the Max immediately and still wait for other guys to make a decision.

It appears the Heat wants to determine whether it has a chance to sign Durant before proceeding with Hassan Whiteside, who is lining up meetings (with Dallas and potentially others) shortly after the start of free agency.
– via Miami Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.