• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because of the market---- LeBron would get 50 million a year EASY if their was no cap....so you cant fault Batum for wanting a max deal when the market allows him to have one since all these teams have cap space.

There are plenty of different levels of max-deals depending on service time and career accomplishments. I believe the lowest "max" deal starts at 20% of the cap- and the very highest "max" deal is 33% of the cap.

So Kyrie's on a max-deal by his standards - he earns it. He's an all-star level PG. But he's also the number 1 pick in his respective draft class that lived up to the hype. I don't fault a guy like Batum going to get the most money that he can. Thing is though, there is a cap in place. It's some of these teams that go ahead and offer guys like Noah a max deal, then cry about how the system is broken.

Just venting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, if he's healthy he could be worth 14 million a season. Tyson Chandler signed a 4 year deal worth 56 million with Phoenix last summer....he had a down year but 12-14 million isn't bad when somebody like Biyombo might get 15-18 million.

I had this discussion with @trojanfan12 a couple of weeks ago and said the same thing.

I'd give him 16-18 mil on a 1 and 1 deal with a player option for the second year.

$10 mil less than his max. But, with the chance to cash in if he plays well....just like Rose.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

10M? Dude is gonna get AT LEAST 16 a year- probably 20. the Cap just went up to 94 million bro. Everyone has too much cap room. This is the financial reality now. Barnes did his best to shoot himself in teh foot but hes getting AT LEAST 18 a year regardless....this is going to get ridiculous and more and more ridiculous. Trust me.

He will. But Sushi said he's worth $10 mil per year. He didn't say he wouldn't get it ($16 mil per).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will. But Sushi said he's worth $10 mil per year. He didn't say he wouldn't get it ($16 mil per).
worth is defined by the market. I dont blame people for getting it in their heads and operating on the old scale. You need to lose that formula in your head though- it no longer applies....pretty much double what you think is fair for a guy and you have what the markeet is going to bear in todays NBA.

we used to be able to read the ticker on the bottom of espn and say- wow- good deal- wow bad deal....that scale is GONE....it no longer works....double what you think is fair and you are closer to what the new "fair market value" is for these guys.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyrie's on a max-deal by his standards - he earns it. He's an all-star level PG. But he's also the number 1 pick in his respective draft class that lived up to the hype. I don't fault a guy like Batum going to get the most money that he can. Thing is though, there is a cap in place. It's some of these teams that go ahead and offer guys like Noah a max deal, then cry about how the system is broken.

Just venting.

Don't blame him either.

But, Chandler Parsons needs his ass whooped.

Someone will pay him too.

Ditto for Ryan Anderson @$24 million per.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

10M? Dude is gonna get AT LEAST 16 a year- probably 20. the Cap just went up to 94 million bro. Everyone has too much cap room. This is the financial reality now. Barnes did his best to shoot himself in teh foot but hes getting AT LEAST 18 a year regardless....this is going to get ridiculous and more and more ridiculous. Trust me.

I said he's not worth more than that, not saying that's what he's going to get. Noah shouldn't be a primary target for any team, even those looking for a big. He'll likely get around 14M a year or so but it'll be on the secondary or tertiary market.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iblocka may end up in prison....

Apparently, somebody hacked his acct and it's been deleted.

NM. For a second, I thought Serge was playing like he was gangsta and coming for the Thunder's front office.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worth is defined by the market. I dont blame people for getting it in their heads and operating on the old scale. You need to lose that formula in your head though- it no longer applies....pretty much double what you think is fair for a guy and you have what the markeet is going to bear in todays NBA.

we used to be able to read the ticker on the bottom of espn and say- wow- good deal- wow bad deal....that scale is GONE....it no longer works....double what you think is fair and you are closer to what the new "fair market value" is for these guys.

Well according to Noah's fucked up head he said triple that number bitch and the sad thing is some team will pay him lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be right but the contract will start at $26.6 mil for Noah. Lebron is making $24 mil....umm is that right? Bc this is crazy

Here we go....

For players with up to six years of NBA experience, a max contract would start at $22 million per season.

Players with seven to nine years of NBA experience can make a starting salary of $26.4 million per season.

Players with at least 10 years of NBA experience are eligible to make $30.8 million in the first year of their new contract.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this discussion with @trojanfan12 a couple of weeks ago and said the same thing.

I'd give him 16-18 mil on a 1 and 1 deal with a player option for the second year.

$10 mil less than his max. But, with the chance to cash in if he plays well....just like Rose.

Call me crazy but I think Rose is going to rebound with the Knicks. Saw that report you posted and unbiased people are saying he looks really good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to God the Lakers don't break the bank for some center.
spending money on a true center who cant shoot the 3 and who cant switch the pick and roll is the biggest waste of money you could sink into your team- UNLESS you plan on playing inside out on offense and building around the guy like a Drummond or Cousins or GAsol who are the elite of the elite.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose, Melo, Porzingis, and somebody like DH or Hoford could be a very dangerous team.......even if they have to sign a bunch of league minimum vets to finish out the roster.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAvs really did get lucky with the timing of the KI, TT and Love contracts. All those guys are going to be on fantastic deals with the deals that are coming up around the league this year.

GSW was actually really lucky with Draymond and Klay too- each of those guys signed extensions within the last couple offseasons as well and are locked in at good values.

LeBron is of course gonna go year to year and make bank- and Curry once his K is up at the end of next year will take a humongous leap.

Please, no one saw the contracts jumping THIS much when the Cavs handed out TT's extension, nor Loves. Irving's was understandable and earned his extension. Saying TT's contract looks like a steal after the fact doesn't excuse it was a bad deal in the first place.

The predicted leap in salary cap within the last and a half year went from 77M, to 88M, to 94M.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose, Melo, Porzingis, and somebody like DH or Hoford could be a very dangerous team.......even if they have to sign a bunch of league minimum vets to finish out the roster.

I say Gasol.

Honestly, I would rather pay Biyombo 17 and get a Bazemore or Eric Gordon than spend 30 mil a year on Horford, Howard or Noah.

Screw that.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your logic. That's perfectly fine.

We disagree on what Noah's worth. I just don't see Noah being that guy that he was in Chicago given this past season. Even with the 2017-2018 cap that goes north of $100 million, I still don't see Noah being worth $16 mil per (close to) year given that he looks far and away the guy that he was in Chicago during his hey day.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when i said that this years contracts would make Tristan Thompson look like an underpaid pauper the multitudes derided me. Once again- time vindicates.

all though- his play in the Finals also was pretty huge in my favor :) how many guys averaged double doubles in the last 2 finals? TT did!
You are correct.

But, You also said the Knicks fucked themselves with the Robin Lopez deal.

That one looks pretty solid now too, right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.

But, You also said the Knicks fucked themselves with the Robin Lopez deal.

That one looks pretty solid now too, right?
what? I pointed to the Lopez contract as an example of where the fair market value is for bigs- especiall a big that i dont know anyone who would say he isnear Thompsons skill level.

and the Knicks basically unloaded him as he was one of the only guys that could get the salaries to near match for Rose's huge deal. Who else could the Bulls have even taken to get the salaries to match on a guy making 20 something million a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.