• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id take Gortat over Noah anyday of the week. Max offer for Noah is just mind boggling.

I have to think that this is his agent putting this news out there. No way in hell I give Noah a max.

I think the term 'max' deal is misunderstood amongst a lot of players. If you're not Lebron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, or a player of that caliber - you don't deserve a max deal. If you're not a player who can impact the game on a consistent basis in a big way - you don't deserve a max deal.

Just about every player wants a max deal. It's absurd.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors already prepping for free agency by signing McCaw to a 2 year deal. They signed him for the league minimum, and signing him right away I believe makes it so that he doesn't have a cap hold for the start of free agency. He took a pay cut and reduced years, but it could even out for McCaw if he performs well. He'll have 2 years less of team control and if he plays well can parlay that into a bigger money contract than his rookie scale would have allotted him.

Bob Myers. Genius and Swindler extraordinaire.

Smart move on both sides.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are going after Butler big time.

they would be wise to give up whatever is necessary.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think that this is his agent putting this news out there. No way in hell I give Noah a max.

I think the term 'max' deal is misunderstood amongst a lot of players. If you're not Lebron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, or a player of that caliber - you don't deserve a max deal. If you're not a player who can impact the game on a consistent basis in a big way - you don't deserve a max deal.

Just about every player wants a max deal. It's absurd.
because of the market---- LeBron would get 50 million a year EASY if their was no cap....so you cant fault Batum for wanting a max deal when the market allows him to have one since all these teams have cap space.

There are plenty of different levels of max-deals depending on service time and career accomplishments. I believe the lowest "max" deal starts at 20% of the cap- and the very highest "max" deal is 33% of the cap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....somebody's getting fired in a year if this happens.

Wizards Preparing Max Offer To Joakim Noah - RealGM Wiretap

I saw that! What in the actual fuck!

According to sources, the Wiz are locked in on making a major offer to Joakim Noah. The Wizards are said to be willing to offer Noah, coming off shoulder surgery that KO’d him in January, a full maximum contract. His deal would start at $28 million and reach around $120 million over four seasons. Yeah, it’ll be that kind of crazy money for the soon-to-be former Chicago Bull. The Wizards are prepared to go all out for the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year because they have glaring holes up front and already are anticipating having to win an intense bidding war.
– via Sporting News

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player and mom wants max lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be right but the contract will start at $26.6 mil for Noah. Lebron is making $24 mil....umm is that right? Bc this is crazy

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to sources, the Wiz are locked in on making a major offer to Joakim Noah. The Wizards are said to be willing to offer Noah, coming off shoulder surgery that KO’d him in January, a full maximum contract. His deal would start at $28 million and reach around $120 million over four seasons. Yeah, it’ll be that kind of crazy money for the soon-to-be former Chicago Bull. The Wizards are prepared to go all out for the 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year because they have glaring holes up front and already are anticipating having to win an intense bidding war.
– via Sporting News

dayyumm...

well all I can say is...wow...

it'd be a cold day in hell before I threw that kinda jack his general direction, but wow...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in this inflated market, Noah is not worth more than 10M a year. He's not been able to stay healthy for the last couple of years. His skills are no longer what they were. I think the Wizards or whoever else are just trying to drive up the market for nearly everyone else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

– via Sporting News
and when i said that this years contracts would make Tristan Thompson look like an underpaid pauper the multitudes derided me. Once again- time vindicates.

all though- his play in the Finals also was pretty huge in my favor :) how many guys averaged double doubles in the last 2 finals? TT did!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in this inflated market, Noah is not worth more than 10M a year. He's not been able to stay healthy for the last couple of years. His skills are no longer what they were. I think the Wizards or whoever else are just trying to drive up the market for nearly everyone else.
lol.

10M? Dude is gonna get AT LEAST 16 a year- probably 20. the Cap just went up to 94 million bro. Everyone has too much cap room. This is the financial reality now. Barnes did his best to shoot himself in teh foot but hes getting AT LEAST 18 a year regardless....this is going to get ridiculous and more and more ridiculous. Trust me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be right but the contract will start at $26.6 mil for Noah. Lebron is making $24 mil....umm is that right? Bc this is crazy
because of unintended consequences in the cap - the Cavs can actually only pay LeBron 24- while another team could pay him 27...LeBron is giving up 3 million to sign in Cleveland. this year anyway.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness, if he's healthy he could be worth 14 million a season. Tyson Chandler signed a 4 year deal worth 56 million with Phoenix last summer....he had a down year but 12-14 million isn't bad when somebody like Biyombo might get 15-18 million.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree....this has to be smoke.

The Knicks should be all in on Gasol and either Bazemore or * gulp* Eric Gordon.

Can't shoot their entire wad on a guy who is half what he used to be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when i said that this years contracts would make Tristan Thompson look like an underpaid pauper the multitudes derided me. Once again- time vindicates.

If Noah gets this it is going to screw up everything but you wanna know the good thing...the Cavs have all their guys, other than Lebron, locked in long-term. Tristan is making nickels and dimes compared to what Noah could make if they pay him that outrageous amount.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Noah gets this it is going to screw up everything but you wanna know the good thing...the Cavs have all their guys, other than Lebron, locked in long-term. Tristan is making nickels and dimes compared to what Noah could make if they pay him that outrageous amount.

they simply CAN'T be that fuckin' stupid...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAvs really did get lucky with the timing of the KI, TT and Love contracts. All those guys are going to be on fantastic deals with the deals that are coming up around the league this year.

GSW was actually really lucky with Draymond and Klay too- each of those guys signed extensions within the last couple offseasons as well and are locked in at good values.

LeBron is of course gonna go year to year and make bank- and Curry once his K is up at the end of next year will take a humongous leap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, if he's healthy he could be worth 14 million a season. Tyson Chandler signed a 4 year deal worth 56 million with Phoenix last summer....he had a down year but 12-14 million isn't bad when somebody like Biyombo might get 15-18 million.

But 14 mil is half of that the "supposed offer" is, not sure if true but it is insane. Now that he is coming off of back-to-back season of not being healthy and already 31, his prime is over and done IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.