• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah was fantastic when Healthy.

Horford hasn't EXACTLY been a iron man either.

Paul is aging.

But, I would sign both those guys and Biyombo over Noah for max money.

That is outrageous.

Noah's washed up. I'd sign Noah to about $8 - $10 mil to come off the bench and play solid minutes (20-25). But I'm not giving him max money. Makes the Whiteside watch more nerve wrecking as the Heat are eyeing Noah as a replacement option. Although, we do have our 1st and 2nd round pick next year. If we sign Noah to replace Whiteside and if Bosh retires; we're sure to suck at that point where we just may luck into a high lottery pick.

*sobs in a corner*

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id take Gortat over Noah anyday of the week. Max offer for Noah is just mind boggling.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah's washed up. I'd sign Noah to about $8 - $10 mil to come off the bench and play solid minutes (20-25). But I'm not giving him max money. Makes the Whiteside watch more nerve wrecking as the Heat are eyeing Noah as a replacement option. Although, we do have our 1st and 2nd round pick next year. If we sign Noah to replace Whiteside and if Bosh retires; we're sure to suck at that point where we just may luck into a high lottery pick.

*sobs in a corner*

He's too young to be washed up.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Friday is going to be awesome. I can't wait.....I may call off at work.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*sobs in a corner*
As long as Riley comes with the max, he stays.

Dallas Mavericks have emerged as a serious suitor for Heat center Hassan Whiteside, who becomes a free agent on July 1. ESPN Dallas reported on Thursday that Dallas expects to be granted a meeting with Whiteside in the opening hours of free agency. A friend of Whiteside did not dispute that report and said Whiteside, through back-channels, is generating considerable interest around the league. ESPN identified Portland as another team expected to seriously pursue Whiteside. That friend said Whiteside prefers to stay with the Heat if all things are equal financially.
– via Miami Herald

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Riley comes with the max, he stays.

Dallas Mavericks have emerged as a serious suitor for Heat center Hassan Whiteside, who becomes a free agent on July 1. ESPN Dallas reported on Thursday that Dallas expects to be granted a meeting with Whiteside in the opening hours of free agency. A friend of Whiteside did not dispute that report and said Whiteside, through back-channels, is generating considerable interest around the league. ESPN identified Portland as another team expected to seriously pursue Whiteside. That friend said Whiteside prefers to stay with the Heat if all things are equal financially.
– via Miami Herald

Financially.....he would do better with the Heat because there's no state property tax. For that reason I wouldn't offer Whiteside the max because he can make more money in Florida. However, if the Mavs came with the max, the Heat would have to as well. Texas (like Florida) has no state property tax.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a little leery of offering Whiteside the max because he strikes me as the kind of guy who will get lazy with money but I'm not a G.M.

A G.M. has to pay him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a little leery of offering Whiteside the max because he strikes me as the kind of guy who will get lazy with money but I'm not a G.M.

A G.M. has to pay him.

I don't know about being lazy. But, that's a ton of money for a guy with maturity issues.

On the plus side, Damarcus has done fine off the court, for the most part. So, I'd take that risk.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too young to be washed up.
I wouldn't say he's washed up, he's got a lot of miles on him, thibs miles too which makes it worse. He can still defend though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors already prepping for free agency by signing McCaw to a 2 year deal. They signed him for the league minimum, and signing him right away I believe makes it so that he doesn't have a cap hold for the start of free agency. He took a pay cut and reduced years, but it could even out for McCaw if he performs well. He'll have 2 years less of team control and if he plays well can parlay that into a bigger money contract than his rookie scale would have allotted him.

Bob Myers. Genius and Swindler extraordinaire.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A G.M. has to pay him.
lol ya think?

anyone who has ever seen the guys instagram account should be BEYOND hesitant to give this guy FU money.

Status
Not open for further replies.