• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Durant though? Does he want to be a 2nd option at best, competing with Draymond and Klay for touches after Steph? Ride another team's coattails? I would think he's looking at OKC or starting fresh somewhere else and "building" his own team, but who knows?

I was answering your question about whether it would be worth it for the Warriors, so I think your hypothetical assumes that he wants to go to the Warriors. I think the Warriors would absolutely feel that it is worth it.

There was a report that said he preferred the Warriors if he left OKC. It's also been reported that he's friends with several Warriors players, including Stephen Curry. The Warriors losing this year might help Durant with the "coattails" narrative because he'd be seen as someone who is trying to help or even lead them back to the top. It sounds like most journalists think he's staying in OKC, but if he leaves, the Warriors sound like a strong possibility.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just tough to basically throw your entire bench out the door, along with a starter or two on a near repeat championship team to add Durant. At some point, he's overkill and diminishing returns vs having all of that talented depth.

Well the thing is that Rush, Vareajo and Barbosa were all basically on vet minimum contracts anyways. It's not like they were taking up huge cap space. That's how the Warriors were able to create a deep roster. Speights was the only one of that group making above the minimum really and he's probably going to be signed for more than he's worth.

The turnover is inevitable. It's better to do it all now, than slowly piece by piece when you realize the pieces don't fit any longer.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just tough to basically throw your entire bench out the door, along with a starter or two on a near repeat championship team to add Durant. At some point, he's overkill and diminishing returns vs having all of that talented depth.

Someone who's a cap expert please correct me on this if this is wrong, but the Warriors have salary cap exceptions to bring most of the bench back, if they wanted to. The Warriors have early Bird rights on Rush and Barbosa and full Bird rights on Speights. I think they also have matching rights to Ian Clark and McAdoo. They also have a player option on Livingston, which I think they would take because it's a good bargain.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Knicks' starting point guards averaged a league-low 7.6 points per game last season, and they averaged 3.8 assists per game, the fourth-fewest in the NBA."

This right here explains why the Knicks made the trade. That..........and he's a FA after the season so it frees up some cash next summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Knicks' starting point guards averaged a league-low 7.6 points per game last season, and they averaged 3.8 assists per game, the fourth-fewest in the NBA."

This right here explains why the Knicks made the trade. That..........and he's a FA after the season so it frees up some cash next summer.

How about....Noah if they can't get Paul or Horford?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about....Noah if they can't get Paul or Horford?

I think the Knicks will get Pau or Horford. Noah would come on the cheap, he has to sign a low offer since he's been less than stellar the last few seasons. I can't see any team throwing a big deal at him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So say they keep Iggy and let Ezeli and Barnes walk you have...

Curry
Klay
KD
Green
Bogut

Your starting 5 is there then you have their bench

Livingston
Iggy

but if GS is over the cap after signing of KD then they CAN'T offer or match these RFA's? Correct? Not exactly sure how it works. It just looks like they will have to sacrifice a lot of depth for KD unless he settles for less money.

I think they'd have to move Bogut to make this work. A bench of Livingston and Iggy isn't a bad place to start, though they might have to move Iggy, too. I'll trust that they'd find a decent center and fill out the rest of the bench with decent players.

Durant did downplay the importance of money as far as choosing where to sign. Maybe he would take a little less. I heard that he just signed some $300 million deal with Nike.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who's a cap expert please correct me on this if this is wrong, but the Warriors have salary cap exceptions to bring most of the bench back, if they wanted to. The Warriors have early Bird rights on Rush and Barbosa and full Bird rights on Speights. I think they also have matching rights to Ian Clark and McAdoo. They also have a player option on Livingston, which I think they would take because it's a good bargain.

Yeah pretty much. Livingston is the only guaranteed player to be back of that group. The bigger question is after their performance in the playoffs, who would you really WANT to bring back. For me Barbosa would be the only consideration at a vet minimum. The Warriors are also banking on Looney being able to contribute this year. He's been the forgotten man after basically red-shirting this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty much. Livingston is the only guaranteed player to be back of that group. The bigger question is after their performance in the playoffs, who would you really WANT to bring back. For me Barbosa would be the only consideration at a vet minimum. The Warriors are also banking on Looney being able to contribute this year. He's been the forgotten man after basically red-shirting this year.

LOL, yeah, that's why I said if they wanted to. I think Rush is good candidate to be back. I thought that he probably deserved more playing time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so pissed. What a sad day. We got nothing for Rose. Not even a future 1st rd pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move makes no sense for the Bulls. Only good think its a salary dump.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear they are rebuilding...can I interest you in the 2nd pick for Butler & yr draft pick, kind sir?
Why not we are giving things away. LOL

Would I do it no way. Should build around Butler. But Garpax are so dumb u never know. I still can't get over what Gar said. He said this trade made them younger and more athletic. Please explain this to me. We added a 28 year old Center, 34 year old PG and yes a young PG who didn't look good for a 27 year old PG who is one of the most athletic PGs in the league.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shld they have gotten more? All fucking season you were bitching abt Rose not being the same player he once was. With that contract you are lucky you found somebdy to trade for him.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it looks bad, but I just want to win more than 32 fucking games lol.

I take 45 wins and a 7th-8th seed:yes:

I retract this statement. With more hours passing by, I'm feeling better.

No more fucking Calderon :yes:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not we are giving things away. LOL

Would I do it no way. Should build around Butler. But Garpax are so dumb u never know. I still can't get over what Gar said. He said this trade made them younger and more athletic. Please explain this to me. We added a 28 year old Center, 34 year old PG and yes a young PG who didn't look good for a 27 year old PG who is one of the most athletic PGs in the league.

I think the Bulls are wise to give Rose away to someone willing to pay a player who really hasn't been good ever since the ACL injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.