• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cavs, I look to trade Love. Parsons and a defense first guy would be ideal to replace him. It would make the Cavs a better team overall.

That would definitely help with the spacing as you can have your own small ball lineup that's more potent with Lebron slid into the 4-spot:

TT
Lebron
Parsons
JR
Irving

You give up a bit on defense with that lineup......but Lebron at the 4 creates so many mismatches. This is shaping to be one crazy offseason. Personally, I feel if the Heat sign Wade to a 1-year deal as well as lock up Whiteside long-term. I'm cool with it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are gonna mostly stay put. Their will probably be some minor changes. It looks like Jefferson may come back now. I expect Jr to be back. Delly and Mozgov may leave. Frye and Shumpert will both probably be back. Mo Williams will be the backup point guard if Delly leaves- i think they will try and add a young 2 guard that can play some D- maybe give McCrae a shot since hes been on the team- but i think McRae was only signed and given guaranteed money to be traded this offseason.

The Cavs most important 5 guys are LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Thompson and JR. Frye and Shumpert are signed up and Mo picked up his option- and I think their is a decent shot Jefferson will be back - and Sausha Kaun will be at the end of the bench again--- thats already 10 roster spots--- and 9 rotation guys.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs are gonna mostly stay put. Their will probably be some minor changes. It looks like Jefferson may come back now. I expect Jr to be back. Delly and Mozgov may leave. Frye and Shumpert will both probably be back. Mo Williams will be the backup point guard if Delly leaves- i think they will try and add a young 2 guard that can play some D- maybe give McCrae a shot since hes been on the team- but i think McRae was only signed and given guaranteed money to be traded this offseason.

The Cavs most important 5 guys are LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Thompson and JR. Frye and Shumpert are signed up and Mo picked up his option- and I think their is a decent shot Jefferson will be back - and Sausha Kaun will be at the end of the bench again--- thats already 10 roster spots--- and 9 rotation guys.

JR will be back. He'll probably get a slight upgrade in salary from his previous contract with more years. No other team is likely going to re-sign him unless some team comes out of nowhere and offers him a sizeable contract - which the Cavs will likely match given they really have no options at a quality 2-guard this offseason. I think Delly and Mozgov will be gone as well. Frye ***should*** be back given he's a quality big and a stretch-4 that you can plug in from off the bench. I don't see Shumpert going anywhere because there's not many teams that will want his contract.

Overall, the Cavs will fill out the bench with veteran players - which may be easier now given that Cleveland won a title. But the real piece will probably come at the trade deadline when a player gets bought out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Dirk and KD stay where they are. At least KD gives it one more year in OKC to see what happens and then bolts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shump, Delly and Mozgov could be the 3 most likely guys that could leave or get traded. Delly could get offered a big contact and Shump and Mozgov could be traded for some players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Cleveland will be getting in the action to get the #21 pick.
I hope the Cavs do something. a developmental point guard or center at the end of the bench would be ok with me. if they like mccrae and want to give him a shot and think he can help more than a rook maybe they dont do anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shump, Delly and Mozgov could be the 3 most likely guys that could leave or get traded. Delly could get offered a big contact and Shump and Mozgov could be traded for some players.
yah...i cant see the Cavs matching like 3 year 28 million dollar deal on Delly- with his defense and toughness and 3pt shooting he might be able to get somewhere...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who's a cap expert please correct me on this if this is wrong, but the Warriors have salary cap exceptions to bring most of the bench back, if they wanted to. The Warriors have early Bird rights on Rush and Barbosa and full Bird rights on Speights. I think they also have matching rights to Ian Clark and McAdoo. They also have a player option on Livingston, which I think they would take because it's a good bargain.

Those players still have cap holds. In order to sign Durant to his max, I'm pretty sure they will have to clear those cap holds, which would require they cut them loose and lose those rights.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Clippers are going to trade Griffen this off season. I wonder what it would take to make that trade. I dont think the Heat have anything to get him. I wish we would have done that LBJ for Griffen Sign and trade that was rumored when it started looking like LBj might have left.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Clippers are going to trade Griffen this off season. I wonder what it would take to make that trade. I dont think the Heat have anything to get him. I wish we would have done that LBJ for Griffen Sign and trade that was rumored when it started looking like LBj might have left.

Griffin for KLove. The Cavs will throw in Shump or Moz or just straight up lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Broussard...

Durant has narrowed his choices down to GSW and OKC.... and GSW's front office is feeling very confident.

If Durant -> GSW happens.... I think the Warriors are going to become a very hated team. (Which is not a bad thing to be. Worked out pretty well for the Heat).

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal

Durant has narrowed his choices down to GSW and OKC.... and GSW's front office is feeling very confident.

If Durant -> GSW happens.... I think the Warriors are going to become a very hated team. (Which is not a bad thing to be. Worked out pretty well for the Heat).

Steph, Klay, Durant, Green and whoever the hell at Center is basically not guardable. Just imagine KD getting all those open looks Barnes missed....

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason KD is the do-no-wrong golden boy of the NBA, so I don't think the blowback will be quite as severe.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason KD is the do-no-wrong golden boy of the NBA, so I don't think the blowback will be quite as severe.

Yeah, I don't know if anything will ever top the hate the 2010-11 Heat got... but I think it would be bad. It already seems like some of the partial fans are swinging from liking the Warriors to not liking them. I think it would get much worse with Durant there.

Of course.... I'm sure Warriors fans would take that extra dose of a hate in a heart-beat if it meant getting Durant.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know if anything will ever top the hate the 2010-11 Heat got... but I think it would be bad. It already seems like some of the partial fans are swinging from liking the Warriors to not liking them. I think it would get much worse with Durant there.

Of course.... I'm sure Warriors fans would take that extra dose of a hate in a heart-beat if it meant getting Durant.
I'll be a hater for sure, but only because my team is in shambles lol

Status
Not open for further replies.