• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything about the Celtics or the Knicks, but I'm hearing the Pistons, Magic, and Lakers are talking to him. I hope Al doesn't sign with the Celtics. I hate those pricks and I would hate to see him play for my most hated team. I would much prefer to see him sign with the Knicks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything about the Celtics or the Knicks, but I'm hearing the Pistons, Magic, and Lakers are talking to him. I hope Al doesn't sign with the Celtics. I hate those pricks and I would hate to see him play for my most hated team. I would much prefer to see him sign with the Knicks.

There's talk that the Warriors are eyeing Horford.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on what he's going to sign for. From what I've read, he's trying to get close to $20 mil per. If he were to go for like $15 mil per, that'd be preferable.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He better go for lower than what he's demanding then. I hear the Warriors are going after Nowitzki as well. God, can you imagine this lineup:

Curry
Thompson
Green
Nowitzki
Horford

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better go for lower than what he's demanding then. I hear the Warriors are going after Nowitzki as well. God, can you imagine this lineup:

Curry
Thompson
Green
Nowitzki
Horford
That would slow down that lineup of death small ball

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry
Thompson
Green
Nowitzki
Horford

The reports are that the Warriors will target Durant first. If that fails, then maybe the next guy they're looking at is Horford. There's also been talk about Nowitzki, but I believe the talk is about using him off the bench.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays sidekick role? Curry or KD?

I don't know if there has to be a sidekick role between two MVP's. They would be co-stars. But if it had to be that way and I'm Curry, the recruiting angle I take is, "KD, you're the man. Let me be Robin to your Batman." If KD came to Golden State, I see KD leading the team in scoring.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there has to be a sidekick role between two MVP's. They would be co-stars. But if it had to be that way and I'm Curry, the recruiting angle I take is, "KD, you're the man. Let me be Robin to your Batman." If KD came to Golden State, I see KD leading the team in scoring.
I like Parsons better because he would understand the pecking order and would be cheaper.

I honestly don't believe Durant is leaving.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea agree. But this one's kinda tough, both almost the same age. We can't have here what Wade did for LeBron as we know that Wade was on the verge of declining when LeBron arrives and LeBron was just entering his prime.

Curry and KD both are in their primes. Both MVPs, both scoring champs. Really tough

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i had said- i think the warriros need a big who is at least competent offensively---- David Lee was really underated during the warriors finals last year--- a guy like that who can at least keep the interior defense honest should be a priority for them--- horford with his passing ability and range would be an amazing get.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Parsons better because he would understand the pecking order and would be cheaper.

I honestly don't believe Durant is leaving.
i dont think golden state needs another shooter who is kind of a soft finesse player. They need to hunt for a tough perimeter wing to start looking towards replacing iggy is a LeBron stopper. in my opinion anyway.

i like parsons a lot....on teams that need 3 pt shooting i think he would be a huuuge get.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So say they keep Iggy and let Ezeli and Barnes walk you have...

Curry
Klay
KD
Green
Bogut

Your starting 5 is there then you have their bench

Livingston
Iggy

but if GS is over the cap after signing of KD then they CAN'T offer or match these RFA's? Correct? Not exactly sure how it works. It just looks like they will have to sacrifice a lot of depth for KD unless he settles for less money.
if Golden State went after Durant they would have to gut their roster down to draymond/klay/curry....id definitely do it for Durant--- but the rest of the roster would be flaming poo.....AND then Curry is gonna get like a 20 million dollar raise and hamstring them even more after next year....

now can you win with Durant/Green/Klay/Curry and flaming poo? ABSOLUTELY....well.....maybe if Kyrie is injured ;)

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Golden State went after Durant they would have to gut their roster down to draymond/klay/curry....id definitely do it for Durant--- but the rest of the roster would be flaming poo.....AND then Curry is gonna get like a 20 million dollar raise and hamstring them even more after next year....

now can you win with Durant/Green/Klay/Curry and flaming poo? ABSOLUTELY....well.....maybe if Kyrie is injured ;)
LeBron will start to decline. I'm sure that squad could win even with healthy Kyrie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like parsons a lot....on teams that need 3 pt shooting i think he would be a huuuge get.

If I'm the Cavs, I look to trade Love. Parsons and a defense first guy would be ideal to replace him. It would make the Cavs a better team overall.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think golden state needs another shooter who is kind of a soft finesse player. They need to hunt for a tough perimeter wing to start looking towards replacing iggy is a LeBron stopper. in my opinion anyway.

The Bucks?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha. We'll be alright as long as we have healthy Curry.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i had said- i think the warriros need a big who is at least competent offensively---- David Lee was really underated during the warriors finals last year--- a guy like that who can at least keep the interior defense honest should be a priority for them--- horford with his passing ability and range would be an amazing get.

Agree with......WIGGY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

In all seriousness, Durant makes the Warriors offense really dangerous once they get clicking and figure out their roles. But it would be one hell of an adjustment period.

They need more front court depth and Horford would be the perfect fit as he provides more offense than what Bogut did. Either pick up makes the Warriors better for the most part. But Horford offers more balance on both ends, whereas Durant just makes your offense ridiculous. Defense may be an issue as well as overall front court depth in terms of size - Durant's not that guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons or Ryan Anderson.
they really have no way to get either guy....plus- at least Parsons is pretty limited to playing SF- which LeBron still predominatly plays--- they couldnt pay parsons 16M a year to be the backup SF.

IF they bring in Anderson its not like his skill set is really that different from Channing Frye- hes better- but is he so much better that youd pay him 18 million when you have Frye at less than 8? i dont think so.

Love is very hard to replace because he gives you so many things--- A rebounding, A shooting for a big, A passing for a big. Dude averaged 16 and 10 in the playoffs and came up big in game 7. Dont fix whats not broke. Love is a great great guy to have if we play the Spurs or Thunder or really anyone that is not golden state--- and maybe with another year- and a relaxed atmosphere and a paucity of scrutiny they can really start perfecting things. Kyrie is gonna be a MENACE next year.....good luck with that Eastern Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.