• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a RFA. They can offer him a loaded deal and the Lakers have the right to match it.....or not.

Gotcha. Wouldn't be a terrible addition for Philly. If we can't a PG this draft he's a really good option.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,944.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't resist: BREAKING NEWS:

D Rose just injured his knee getting on the flight to New York.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have some key moves they could make in the offseason:

First off, sign Lebron. Bring back Smith and Delly unless Delly wants too much.

Love and Shumpert might be involved in a potential trade or just Love. Maybe for a high draft pick in which they would most likely keep that pick or just trade it for pieces to go around Lebron and Kyrie.

Replace Mozgov.

Well it looks like Jefferson is already back from retirement possibly lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how many salaries they have to jettison to clear cap space for Durant. His max is just over $28M and they have less than $20M available, even without re-signing any of their free agents (RFAs Barnes, Ezeli; UFAs Speights, Barbosa, Rush, Clark, McAdoo, Varejao; player option for Livingston). They only have Klay, Green, Curry, Bogut, Iggy, Looney and Jason Thompson under contract. They would lose all of their depth plus at least 1 key player. Is it worth it?

I don't think the Warriors would think twice. They would do whatever maneuverings they need to do in order to sign Durant. They'd let Barnes and Ezeli walk (which they might do anyway regardless of what happens with Durant). I think they would have to trade Bogut or Iggy, possibly both. I'm sure they'd want to keep Iggy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I want to overpay Clarkson either.

4Y/60M is the most anyone other than the Lakers can offer. Does it make sense to spend $15M per for Clarkson for the Sixers? It makes more sense for the Lakers IMO. If Clarkson signs that offer and the Lakers match, Clarkson only gets about $6M per for the first two years, saving the Lakers a lot of cap room this summer and next.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Warriors would think twice. They would do whatever maneuverings they need to do in order to sign Durant. They'd let Barnes and Ezeli walk (which they might do anyway regardless of what happens with Durant). I think they would have to trade Bogut or Iggy, possibly both. I'm sure they'd want to keep Iggy.

Why would Durant though? Does he want to be a 2nd option at best, competing with Draymond and Klay for touches after Steph? Ride another team's coattails? I would think he's looking at OKC or starting fresh somewhere else and "building" his own team, but who knows?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,944.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4Y/60M is the most anyone other than the Lakers can offer. Does it make sense to spend $15M per for Clarkson for the Sixers? It makes more sense for the Lakers IMO. If Clarkson signs that offer and the Lakers match, Clarkson only gets about $6M per for the first two years, saving the Lakers a lot of cap room this summer and next.

Oh okay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So say they keep Iggy and let Ezeli and Barnes walk you have...

Curry
Klay
KD
Green
Bogut

Your starting 5 is there then you have their bench

Livingston
Iggy

but if GS is over the cap after signing of KD then they CAN'T offer or match these RFA's? Correct? Not exactly sure how it works. It just looks like they will have to sacrifice a lot of depth for KD unless he settles for less money.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry
Klay
KD
Green
Bogut

Livingston
Iggy

but if GS is over the cap after signing of KD then they CAN'T offer or match these RFA's? Correct? Not exactly sure how it works. It just looks like they will have to sacrifice a lot of depth for KD unless he settles for less money.

No the Warriors would have to renounce the rights of all their restricted free agents, meaning that they would then become unrestricted. They wouldn't have the ability to match Barnes or Ezeli (or McAdoo and Clark).

The depth would have to be rounded out by minimum contracts, but the Warriors would really be appealing for veteran buy-outs and ring chasers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry
Klay
KD
Green
Bogut

Livingston
Iggy

They'll have to get Durant under his max of $28M+ or do more trimming (either Iggy or Bogut at least). There are minimum cap holds on every required roster spot and cap holds for 1st round draft picks as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the Warriors would have to renounce the rights of all their restricted free agents, meaning that they would then become unrestricted. They wouldn't have the ability to match Barnes or Ezeli (or McAdoo and Clark).

Not to mention not have cap space to re-sign any of their UFAs: Speights, Barbosa, Rush, Varejao,

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention not have cap space to re-sign any of their UFAs: Speights, Barbosa, Rush, Varejao,

Meh, I can live without all of those guys. Barbosa would really be the only one I would consider. Speights has just been too inconsistent, despite a few good games. Rush and Varaejo are very replaceable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I can live without all of those guys. Barbosa would really be the only one I would consider. Speights has just been too inconsistent, despite a few good games. Rush and Varaejo are very replaceable.

It's just tough to basically throw your entire bench out the door, along with a starter or two on a near repeat championship team to add Durant. At some point, he's overkill and diminishing returns vs having all of that talented depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.