• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Like I said at the time, TT was overpaid because no one else was giving him that much money, but the Cavs needed him and if they won the title, he becomes worth every penny.

They won the title, he almost singlehandedly wrecked the Warriors on the boards (especially the offensive boards) and therefore, was worth every penny. Every Lakers championship team that I can remember had at least one guy like TT on it.
exactly.

last year Thompson said- give me 5 years 94 or next year im walking into unrestricted free agency- and its gonna be a mad house and ill get at least that.

the Cavs said- sorry- even though we know the cap is going up 5 years 94 is not gonna happen. They stuck to 5 years 80 up until the last week before the season started- and increased their offer to 5 years 82 to let Thompson savea little face.

If the Cavs said- ya know what tristan- we dont think you can get 5 years 82 anywhere else- were gonna wait and see if we can get you for cheaper- ---- the Cavs would have been screwed and either lost him or been forced to pay him the max or damn close to it this year and been on the hook for more money----- but the more money is not even the factor- the factor is- if they can keep relatively clean books- they can get into the FA market next year.

its simple economics that any GM with foresight could have seen how it was going to develop.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16M ? when bazemore and evan turner and evan fournier etc. just got more money per year? when Mozgov just got about EXACTLY what thompson got?

helllllllllllllllllllllllllllll to the nawww.....tell me who is out there that signed for 16 a year that would give the Cavs NEAR the ability to win that Thompson does.

View attachment 133574

This year, nobody, but that's not the discussion.
Plenty of players can play with James and fill that role.
That's all I'm saying.
I'm not saying he isn't a good fit for the Cavs.
He is.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's high past time that this guy starts to get the treatment that other bad gm's/owners get when their teams continue to come up short, year after year
He is still very popular in Dallas.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody expect a Horford deal to get worked out today?

The Hawks are the ones that can pay him the most, so I think he's waiting to see if they can clear up space before he signs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are the ones that can pay him the most, so I think he's waiting to see if they can clear up space before he signs.
if horford did come back, that means they deal milsap then right?

honestly...if that did happen - you could get a freaking boat load for Milsap and really load up the roster....dont see it happening because i think horford goes to Celtics or Wizards...but ya never know.

i would be legitimately concerned about Toronto if Milsap ended up there somehow....that team still desperately needs an upgrade at PF.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that was his response to me that you commented on.

Yeah, and he was talking about how they could have had McBob for $5-6 million a year and not won a title. That makes TT's contract worth every penny and why they wouldn't have wanted to replace him with someone like McBob.

I think you were thrown off because I agreed with Wiggy. :lol:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford could possibly bring KD here, but it's unlikely. I'd say the chances are good we land Horford. At that point Jimmy Butler would be our main target and we should trade as many assets as possible to get him. Trade 3 first rounder's and Crowder if that's what it takes.
Horford would be a better addition than Butler... Just sayin.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and he was talking about how they could have had McBob for $5-6 million a year and not won a title. That makes TT's contract worth every penny and why they wouldn't have wanted to replace him with someone like McBob.

He needs as many friends as he can get. :D

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if horford did come back, that means they deal milsap then right?

honestly...if that did happen - you could get a freaking boat load for Milsap and really load up the roster....dont see it happening because i think horford goes to Celtics or Wizards...but ya never know.

i would be legitimately concerned about Toronto if Milsap ended up there somehow....that team still desperately needs an upgrade at PF.

They would either deal him or move him to SF and Bazemore to SG.

If we do trade Millsap, we would likely demand a good shooting guard for him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#rareoccasion

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like a Celtic hater(well, I actually am)....but what is really the appeal with the Celtics? Honestly. I mean Isiah Thomas is good, and they have decent role players, but I never got why so many people had them as the team that was "just missing one more piece" to push them into contention...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Deng signing was pretty good, although they overpaid to get him imo. Veteran presence who will help a team built mostly around 1st and 2nd year players(including randle, ignoring the 1 game he played in 2014-2015). Not a move that'll move them into a playoff team, but with them struggling to even get meetings with the top FA's let alone sign them that shouldn't be the realistic goal. Also, Fuk the Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like a Celtic hater(well, I actually am)....but what is really the appeal with the Celtics? Honestly. I mean Isiah Thomas is good, and they have decent role players, but I never got why so many people had them as the team that was "just missing one more piece" to push them into contention...

They have put together a roster of solid NBA players with a potential star in Thomas, they have a good coach and are young. A star level player is really all they seem to be missing, especially in the East.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...dont get me wrong... i think Timo brings some nice attributes to the table- but typically guys dont have career years and destroy their previous career highs at the age of 30....not surprising from DJ though....he thought Ryan Kelly was the next Kevin Love great big man shooter in the league, lol.

7 and 8 while providing solid rim protection, hard screens, efficient finishing in the pick and roll, and mentoring this Zubac kid. That's about as much as I can hope for. And at least a 4th year team option!

Interestingly, it sounds like the coaching staff wanted Mozgov more so than the front office. Shaw coached him in Denver. Luke scouted him for the last two NBA Finals and indicated to Mozgov that he likes what he brings to the game.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a great move for either the Wiz or the Celtics - whoever gets him...should be interesting.

Honestly--- Wall and Beale are better than anything the Celtics have---- but ill give the Celtics the edge when it comes to coach/ownership......both teams would be a great fit for Horford....hes such a good player, and such a good vet...hes gonna help either team really win games next year. If Boston or Washington gets him- i predict that team gets out of the first round at the least.
I agree Boston probably has the edge, especialy if there is a potential Durant/Horford link up thought process for next summer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Boston probably has the edge, especialy if there is a potential Durant/Horford link up thought process for next summer.
i highly doubt that- about Durant....i think Durant either does the Clips or OKC...but i guess you can never say never...

Wall/Beale/Horford would be an intersting core.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca and @trojanfan12 who was that rookie center that went undrafted that the Laker signed, that had some bad off the court issues- but showed a lot of potential, especially defensive potential......was it last year or 2 years ago? Im trying to remember but drawing a blank...

you guys know who i am talking about?

Robert Upshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.