• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca and @trojanfan12 who was that rookie center that went undrafted that the Laker signed, that had some bad off the court issues- but showed a lot of potential, especially defensive potential......was it last year or 2 years ago? Im trying to remember but drawing a blank...

you guys know who i am talking about?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson and Mozgov have almost IDENTICAL years and cash remaining on their deals.

Tristan Thompson is 25 coming off 2 straight Finals where he averaged a double double and the Cavs would NOT have won that title without him.

Wouldn't that depend on who was playing instead of him, had they invested the money elsewhere?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he picks us tonight.

I had him going to Boston but switched my pick to the Thunder bc I thought if KD signed back in OKC Horford would follow with of course OKC trading some guys. If they get Horford it isnt the superstar/star player they wanted but they are still a very dangerous team and they can add a couple other guys too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca and @trojanfan12 who was that rookie center that went undrafted that the Laker signed, that had some bad off the court issues- but showed a lot of potential, especially defensive potential......was it last year or 2 years ago? Im trying to remember but drawing a blank...

you guys know who i am talking about?

Robert Upshaw

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had him going to Boston but switched my pick to the Thunder bc I thought if KD signed back in OKC Horford would follow with of course OKC trading some guys. If they get Horford it isnt the superstar/star player they wanted but they are still a very dangerous team and they can add a couple other guys too.

Horford could possibly bring KD here, but it's unlikely. I'd say the chances are good we land Horford. At that point Jimmy Butler would be our main target and we should trade as many assets as possible to get him. Trade 3 first rounder's and Crowder if that's what it takes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my exact point.
2 good players aren't beating 2 superstars.

The system in totally flawed in Conuley gets paid the same money LeBron does.

And as far as Cuban, and other teams missing out on who they really wanted..
They're better off waiting and filling the roster with 1 year deals then overpaying players for
multi years and killing future cap space.

#tryagainnextyear
i dont agree with this and i am the biggest proponent of being in the "middle" in the NBA is the worst place you can be.

Memphis pushed Golden State to 6 games 2 years ago when they were healthy....if the Griz had a little luck- and Curry sprained his ankle 2 years ago instead of last year--- the Grizz very well could have won that series and faced a Houston team in the Conference Finals that it absolutely could have beaten.

If you are talented enough to win a playoff series in either conference you HAVE to go for it in my opinion. You never know what might happen. Just like this year--- if the Wiz sign Horford- yah-- they prob still dont have enough to beat the Cavs--- but ya never know- you get in a series, a guy gets hurt, someone pulls a big game out of their ass.....

I think people would have learned their lessons with this after seeing the almighty Spurs and Warriors come up short this year after so many "experts" (and non-expert loudmouths) thought these were the ONLY TEAMS THAT HAD A CHANCE AND EVERYONE ELSE IS PLAYING FOR #RUNNERUP!!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

f-that--- you have your chance like Memphis, you have a chance to host a 1st round series and win you take it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that depend on who was playing instead of him, had they invested the money elsewhere?
they could have invested it in Josh McRoberts and given him the playing time too but ill fucking guarantee you we lose that series and dont win the title! lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford could possibly bring KD here, but it's unlikely. I'd say the chances are good we land Horford. At that point Jimmy Butler would be our main target and we should trade as many assets as possible to get him. Trade 3 first rounder's and Crowder if that's what it takes.

I forgot about Jimmy and if y'all got him I think that would put you right into contention and #2 in the East.

Thomas
Bradley
Butler
Horford
Johnson

And IMO the C's would have very good depth too

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could have invested it in Josh McRoberts and given him the playing time too but ill fucking guarantee you we lose that series and dont win the title! lol.

I'm talking about an equal salary player who would provide a similar role for the Cavs.

#dontbeacunt

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back the buss up bro....

i heard they could have gotten Butler for #3, Crowder, and 2 future firsts........when it comes down to it....Crowders contract is AMAZING...he has 4 years like 28 million remaining on it if i am not mistaken.....one of the best contracts in basketball....i kinda get why he thought it was a lot to give up for butler- because when it comes down to it- crowder probably gives you 75% of what Butler does, is extremely cheap, and youdont have to give up 3 first rounders, inculding a REALLY REALLY high one....

as for the Durant stuff...be happy with Horford and having all those trade assets if it happens...that should set you up to adding another big guy next offseason....Durant is either staying in OKC or going to the Clippers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Like I said at the time, TT was overpaid because no one else was giving him that much money, but the Cavs needed him and if they won the title, he becomes worth every penny.

They won the title, he almost singlehandedly wrecked the Warriors on the boards (especially the offensive boards) and therefore, was worth every penny. Every Lakers championship team that I can remember had at least one guy like TT on it.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Jimmy and if y'all got him I think that would put you right into contention and #2 in the East.

Thomas
Bradley
Butler
Horford
Johnson

And IMO the C's would have very good depth too

We'd compete with the Cavs and for a title with that lineup. Crowder vs Butler is less of a drop off then people think. Both are great wing defenders and Butler is a 20 ppg guy vs Crowders 15. I'd rather have Butler, but just landing Horford would be great for us.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont agree with this and i am the biggest proponent of being in the "middle" in the NBA is the worst place you can be.

Memphis pushed Golden State to 6 games 2 years ago when they were healthy....if the Griz had a little luck- and Curry sprained his ankle 2 years ago instead of last year--- the Grizz very well could have won that series and faced a Houston team in the Conference Finals that it absolutely could have beaten.

If you are talented enough to win a playoff series in either conference you HAVE to go for it in my opinion. You never know what might happen. Just like this year--- if the Wiz sign Horford- yah-- they prob still dont have enough to beat the Cavs--- but ya never know- you get in a series, a guy gets hurt, someone pulls a big game out of their ass.....

I think people would have learned their lessons with this after seeing the almighty Spurs and Warriors come up short this year after so many "experts" (and non-expert loudmouths) thought these were the ONLY TEAMS THAT HAD A CHANCE AND EVERYONE ELSE IS PLAYING FOR #RUNNERUP!!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

f-that--- you have your chance like Memphis, you have a chance to host a 1st round series and win you take it.

Under the current system, I agree, but the system is flawed.

Conley can't be paid what LeBron is.

#onlyinthenba

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back the buss up bro....

i heard they could have gotten Butler for #3, Crowder, and 2 future firsts........when it comes down to it....Crowders contract is AMAZING...he has 4 years like 28 million remaining on it if i am not mistaken.....one of the best contracts in basketball....i kinda get why he thought it was a lot to give up for butler- because when it comes down to it- crowder probably gives you 75% of what Butler does, is extremely cheap, and youdont have to give up 3 first rounders, inculding a REALLY REALLY high one....

as for the Durant stuff...be happy with Horford and having all those trade assets if it happens...that should set you up to adding another big guy next offseason....Durant is either staying in OKC or going to the Clippers.

Great point about Crowders contract. His 5 years for 35 million is a fucking steal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about an equal salary player who would provide a similar role for the Cavs.

#dontbeacunt
16M ? when bazemore and evan turner and evan fournier etc. just got more money per year? when Mozgov just got about EXACTLY what thompson got?

helllllllllllllllllllllllllllll to the nawww.....tell me who is out there that signed for 16 a year that would give the Cavs NEAR the ability to win that Thompson does.

hell-nawww.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Like I said at the time, TT was overpaid because no one else was giving him that much money, but the Cavs needed him and if they won the title, he becomes worth every penny.

They won the title, he almost singlehandedly wrecked the Warriors on the boards (especially the offensive boards) and therefore, was worth every penny. Every Lakers championship team that I can remember had at least one guy like TT on it.

And that has what to do with McBob or his 5-6M contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.