• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lakers fan, how long do you think Russell and Clarkson coexist? Do they need to pick one at some point?

I think they can co-exist just fine. They are both combo guards. Last year, they shared point guard duties quite a bit and by the end of the season, were starting to look pretty good doing it. I think they can be sort of the Lakers version of Klay and Steph. Doubt they'll ever be as proficient from 3 point range as those 2 though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson to the Jazz for two years, $22 million.
dude DEF. went for the money, lol.....just like he did when he left Brooklyn and signed with Miami.....now THAT guy is a guy who never passed up a dollar he didnt like.....

good fit there though....one of the best contracts i have seen this offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can co-exist just fine. They are both combo guards. Last year, they shared point guard duties quite a bit and by the end of the season, were starting to look pretty good doing it. I think they can be sort of the Lakers version of Klay and Steph. Doubt they'll ever be as proficient from 3 point range as those 2 though.
and i doubt ill ever have a 3 some with Scarlett Johansen and Jennifer Lawrence...lol...both seem as likely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like clarkson but the 2 free agent signings over paid. i know i know all players are getting over paid but im shocked they went after these 2 guys. deng on the decline and moz who is nothing more then a back up center.

I'm a little shocked at them going after Mozgov so quickly, but word is that Luke and Brian Shaw wanted him more than the FO did, so I can only assume that they have a plan for him.

I don't really see Deng as being overpaid. He is exactly what the Lakers young roster needs and was actually one of the guys I was hoping they'd target. If there are team options on those contracts, it'll make them even better, imo.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news for you guys. I really like both of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lakers fan, how long do you think Russell and Clarkson coexist? Do they need to pick one at some point?

Well if they had to choose it would be Clarkson with the big contract but they have Russell under his rookie contract till 19-20. So if they do work then they would be together for 3-4 more years. I think they just needed more veteran leadership and coach that is actually going to develop them good. They got some leadership, may need 1-2 more veterans and they got the coach. So we will see. I like the moves except Mozgov.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the moves except Mozgov.

I'm keeping an open mind on Mozgov. Partially because I don't really have a choice.

Right now, I grade that one a D. Once I see it play out on the court, I could see raising the grade to a C, maybe a C+, or I could see dropping it to an F. It's all going to depend on what the coaches do with him and how he responds.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Getting Clarkson locked up for 4 years on a cap friendly deal and getting Deng who can still play and will be a great influence on a young team are "bad moves"?

Deng is exactly what they needed.

Now Ingram can have a year or two to get stronger.

I give the Mozgov deal a D.

But, Deng a B plus.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I get it. It is just one small message board but still....

what does that say about how irrelevant we think Dwight Howard has become when him signing with Atlanta does not even warrant its own thread?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng is exactly what they needed.

Now Ingram can have a year or two to get stronger.

I give the Mozgov deal a D.

But, Deng a B plus.

That's right about where I have it. I give the Mozgov deal a D, but can see it moving up to a C, maybe C+ or dropping to an F, depending on what happens on the court.

I gave an A for Deng, but B+ is probably more accurate.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what does that say about how irrelevant we think Dwight Howard has become when him signing with Atlanta does not even warrant its own thread?
Those days are long gone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right about where I have it. I give the Mozgov deal a D, but can see it moving up to a C, maybe C+ or dropping to an F, depending on what happens on the court.

I gave an A for Deng, but B+ is probably more accurate.
I'll give him an A if it translates on the court.

I'm glad to see guys like Deng, Johnson are being open minded about the up and coming Teams.

Both Teams got exactly what they needed.

If it's true that Mozgov has a Team option after year two, I'll give him a C.

Looks like Crawford gonna cash in too.

Orazio Cauchi: Uhm…Jamal Crawford started to follow Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons on Twitter. Maybe there’s something going around. #Sixers
– via Twitter paxer89

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That he's a clown?

The guy has talent.

But, he is delusional about his place in the hierarchy of the Team concept.

Learn a post move or two, make some free throws, stop getting Techs at crucial parts of games and maybe we will care again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I haven't seen many (if any) Hawks fans excited about getting DH.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would either deal him or move him to SF and Bazemore to SG.

If we do trade Millsap, we would likely demand a good shooting guard for him.

Is Bazemore going to start over Korver? That's a mistake if they do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.