• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like a Celtic hater(well, I actually am)....but what is really the appeal with the Celtics? Honestly. I mean Isiah Thomas is good, and they have decent role players, but I never got why so many people had them as the team that was "just missing one more piece" to push them into contention...

Even if they get Horford....they'll be 1 and done in the playoffs, maybe make it to the 2nd round. They are the Memphis of the East. They lack a superstar.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see that isnt a bad contract. he can help jazz out.

Heat might not be a playoff team now. they are losing some guys.

I wish the Hawks would have gotten him, but I don't think we're really in a position to be getting Johnson. Getting a bench SG is not one of our priorities right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn a post move or two, make some free throws, stop getting Techs at crucial parts of games and maybe we will care again.

He's the "million dollar talent with a 5 cent brain" guy. If he actually was willing to put in the work necessary, he could have been the best player in the league. But he hasn't been willing and at this point, he is who he is.

He's the star player version of Swaggy P.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little shocked at them going after Mozgov so quickly, but word is that Luke and Brian Shaw wanted him more than the FO did, so I can only assume that they have a plan for him.

I don't really see Deng as being overpaid. He is exactly what the Lakers young roster needs and was actually one of the guys I was hoping they'd target. If there are team options on those contracts, it'll make them even better, imo.

I think they wanted him specifically to mentor Zubac.....who in 2-3 years could be really good.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng is exactly what they needed.

Now Ingram can have a year or two to get stronger.

I give the Mozgov deal a D.

But, Deng a B plus.

about where I was thinking too, but IF Mozgov can do 2 things( !. stay healthy, and 2. mentor Zubac) I think the grade can change. time I guess'll bear it all out...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant just finished his meeting w/ the Spurs. Lasted about 2 hours. KD will talk w/ the Celtics next.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Hawks would have gotten him, but I don't think we're really in a position to be getting Johnson. Getting a bench SG is not one of our priorities right now.

Should have kept Horford over Howard, if that was a option.

Honestly, Taurean Prince is gonna be better than Bazemore by Seasons end and you are gonna love Bembry.

He can't shoot. But he is athletic as shit.

Either he or Schroeder gonna need to hire Nash as a shooting Coach so you don't have a situation like Orlando had with Olidipo and Payton.

#Bricklayer

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant just finished his meeting w/ the Spurs. Lasted about 2 hours. KD will talk w/ the Celtics next.
2 hours is kinda quick. Though all you really need to say is, "Hi, this is Gregg Popovich, we await your decision."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 hours is kinda quick. Though all you really need to say is, "Hi, this is Gregg Popovich, we await your decision."

I think he's gonna stay in OKC for 1 more year. For a 1 year deal can't OKC offer KD more money than anyone else? I thought I heard that recently.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's gonna stay in OKC for 1 more year. For a 1 year deal can't OKC offer KD more money than anyone else? I thought I heard that recently.
I think you're right about him staying. OKC can offer him more money than anybody else and they still give him the best chance of winning outside of GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.