• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cavaliers giving championship rings to 1,000+ workers

Majority owner Dan Gilbert and his partners decided to present rings to more than 1,000 full and part-time employees throughout the Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization, employees who’ve been fitted for rings told cleveland.com.

A conservative cost for distributing rings to employees is more than $1 million.

Not to go all Jerry Krause, but organizations win championships. Some pieces – LeBron James – matter much more than others, but everyone plays a part. Security guards keep players safe, preventing a dreadful incident that could derail a playoff run. Public-relations staffers ease the burden on players. Ushers improve the fan experience, which increases revenue and helps Gilbert afford a massive luxury-tax bill.

It all adds up, as Gilbert clearly recognizes.

This is very cool by Gilbert. Obviously, lower-level team employees won’t receive the same blinged-out rings the players get. But this is a nice way to reward their hard work.

how cool? Bravo for Dan G. He just gets it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue: Limiting LeBron's minutes is a top priority

Incredibly smart of the Cavs to draw a hard line with LeBron on this. The more rest- the better in my view. Having Love and Kyrie to carry the load when LeBron rests is perfect. I would much rather win between 57 and 60 games- and have a rested LeBron- than win 65 and push LeBron. More Tim Duncan- less Kobe Bryant in his later years- I think the Cavs will only continue to cut back his minutes and cut back his games played. Combine that with the physical freak LeBron is- and how seriously he takes his training- and there is no reason that LeBron cannot be truly great for a few more years. Having Kyrie Irving helps too ;)

"My thing is just making sure guys are healthy, continue to limit LeBron's minutes, and he was at an all-time low last year," Lue said. "Watch Kyrie [Irving's] minutes because we know we're playing for something big. We know when we get to the playoffs it's going to require a lot of minutes, so with those guys and with Kevin [Love], just have to watch guys getting to the red zone.

"For me it's a mindset, and it's getting my body in 82-game fashion," James said. "Will I play them all? Hopefully, but if not then ... For me, for my mental [state] to say I can go out and play all 82 because my body feels that good. Last year I talked about it and I could've done it. So I just have the same mind frame as I had last year."

This would be very smart on the Cavs part, even if it costs them a few games along the way or even costs them HCA in a series. They are at a point where they are a veteran team with a couple of finals appearances and a title on their resume. They no longer have to be too worried about HCA, especially in the East. It's much more important for them to get to the playoffs rested and healthy.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be very smart on the Cavs part, even if it costs them a few games along the way or even costs them HCA in a series. They are at a point where they are a veteran team with a couple of finals appearances and a title on their resume. They no longer have to be too worried about HCA, especially in the East. It's much more important for them to get to the playoffs rested and healthy.
This stuff always sucks for fans , but it's what's best for the team.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, both Mitch and Dr. Buss said he was never that close to being traded. If that's not good enough for you, I don't know what else to tell you. It may well be that they told him of the offer and he said he didn't want to go. But according to them, there was never an offer that they would have agreed to.
I think the misunderstanding here is that Kobe said there were only 3 teams he would accept a trade from. Detroit was NOT one of those teams.

1.Chicago
2.San Antonio
3.Phoenix
Kobe Bryant Reveals Teams He Wanted To Be Traded To In 2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kobe have a no-trade clause in his contract for most of his career anyway?
He was eligible for the no-trade clause in the 04-05 season. I believe he's had one in every contract following that year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Ty Lue and Doc Rivers are both trying to lure KG onto their coaching staff

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this article. Confirms what I've been saying for years. The superstar word is used far too often for players who are not truly superstars.

Putting the NBA's stars into tiers: There aren't many true superstars

Lebron, Curry, and Durant. That's it.

Edit: Just saw the list they put. I'm not putting Anthony Davis in that list. He has the potential to be great and possibly become the best player in the league. But I'd like to see more of a sample size first.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit: Just saw the list they put. I'm not putting Anthony Davis in that list. He has the potential to be great and possibly become the best player in the league. But I'd like to see more of a sample size first.

Yep agree. I would remove Anthony Davis and put him in the second tier

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe play 82 games a few times?

If he goes gimp again for 15 games or more, I'm no longer sipping the Kool Aid and will go straight up KAT > Davis.

Give that Guy 3 Seasons and he will be a Stud.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe play 82 games a few times?

If he goes gimp again for 15 games or more, I'm no longer sipping the Kool Aid and will go straight up KAT > Davis.

Give that Guy 3 Seasons and he will be a Stud.

Really hope Wiggins and Kat stay in Minnesota (unless they want to come to Miami). It'd be nice to see what kind of duo those two could become.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready for my Bulls to win the East. lets Do it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this article. Confirms what I've been saying for years. The superstar word is used far too often for players who are not truly superstars.

Putting the NBA's stars into tiers: There aren't many true superstars
I only have Curry and LBJ on Level 1. Durant is just not at the level. He is a great player but chokes a lot. I think Durant just misses Level 1 Super star status. Him being at GS hurts him now for me. Again just my opinion. I consider a Level 1 Super star a player that can carry a team and Durant cant do that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only have Curry and LBJ on Level 1. Durant is just not at the level. He is a great player but chokes a lot. I think Durant just misses Level 1 Super star status. Him being at GS hurts him now for me. Again just my opinion. I consider a Level 1 Super star a player that can carry a team and Durant cant do that.

You're wrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where does he choke a lot? Are you referencing last year's conference finals? If so, we can mention Curry with this past year's Finals. If we're going to go with that, than we can take Lebron off the super star list because that used to be the narrative with him and the 2011 Finals was a huge blemish.

Durant's a super star. I'd like more proof of him choking. Also, being the 2nd best player in the league makes you a super star.