• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What superteam? He had himself and Westbrook. Even when it was KD, Westbrook and Harden, they were too young and just learning to play together. OKC's FO has done nothing to add the necessary pieces help them get to the level of the true superteams like the Heat when they had the big 3, the Spurs, the Cavs and the Warriors. That's not on Durant.

With the exception of the Mavs, the last team to win a title without 3 star players was the Lakers.

Yeah, Dynamic Duo....

Not a Super Team....imo

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually very interested in seeing how this all plays out.

Will they be 1a and 1b?

Or, will there be a clear pecking order?

As long as Green or Klay don't go all John Wall/Bradley Beal Diva, it should work out fine.
I think Green will lose the most here. Curry and Klay will get their shots.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 2 of the top 5-7 in the league. that is a super team. They had Adams, Ibaka and others. Stop acting like they werent. Name another team that has 2 of the Top 7 players in the league maybe top 5. Last team was heat where they had the #1, #3 or 4 and #10 player on the same team.

My dog shit Clippers have 3 top 20 guys.

Not a Super Team...not even close.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2 of the 5 starters are in the Top 7 yes its a super team. No other team has that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dog shit Clippers have 3 top 20 guys.

Not a Super Team...not even close.
Ok that is Top 20. Im talking about 2 of the Top 5-7. there are only 5 starting spots in the NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Its my opinion. Im not saying you guys are wrong. Its an opinion. No one is right or wrong unless u say KD isnt even in the top 10 or 20. Something crazy like that. Im Talking about level 1 Top of the mountain. Thats only Curry and LBJ. KD is right at Level 1 B almost at the top. Its not a knock on him. He just isnt at Curry or LBJ level.

I don't necessarily have an issue with you saying KD isn't a superstar, but the logic you are using doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

If you were saying that he's not aggressive enough, that he allowed himself to be taken out of games too much by Westbrook or that he doesn't step up and take over games as often as he probably should, that I could understand and even agree with to a point.

But as Mecca points out, to say he isn't a superstar because he hasn't won a title when there were simply better teams is not much different than saying guys like Barkley, Malone, etc. weren't superstars.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In todays NBA Clippers are actually consider a super team. U have Paul, DeAndrea, and Paul plus many others on that team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily have an issue with you saying KD isn't a superstar, but the logic you are using doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

If you were saying that he's not aggressive enough, that he allowed himself to be taken out of games too much by Westbrook or that he doesn't step up and take over games as often as he probably should, that I could understand and even agree with to a point.

But as Mecca points out, to say he isn't a superstar because he hasn't won a title when there were simply better teams is not much different than saying guys like Barkley, Malone, etc. weren't superstars.
Im not saying that is the only reason. I was just pointing out one area in this era of basketball. He isnt a great leader. He sits back and lets Westbrook take over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look KD is a super star but he isnt at superstar level 1 like Curry and LBJ. Thats all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 2 of the top 5-7 in the league. that is a super team. They had Adams, Ibaka and others. Stop acting like they werent. Name another team that has 2 of the Top 7 players in the league maybe top 5. Last team was heat where they had the #1, #3 or 4 and #10 player on the same team.

Seriously?!? A superteam these days has 3 stars. The Heat had, Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh. The Spurs had Timmy, Parker, Ginoibili and Leonard (who is 2nd tier star), the Cavs have Lebron, Kyrie and Love, the Warriors had Curry, Klay and Green.

OKC had KD and Westbrook. Adams and Ibaka aren't stars. They are solid role players, nothing more. I suppose you think the Lakers last title team was a superteam because they had Kobe, Pau and Derek Fisher?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In todays NBA Clippers are actually consider a super team. U have Paul, DeAndrea, and Paul plus many others on that team.

You been hanging out with the corpse of Paul Pierce?

th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isnt a great leader. He sits back and lets Westbrook take over.

Now that's some logic I can get behind. He definitely allowed Westbrook to take over far too often and imo, it cost them at least one and maybe a couple of finals appearances.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's some logic I can get behind. He definitely allowed Westbrook to take over far too often and imo, it cost them at least one and maybe a couple of finals appearances.

Short of snatching the ball out of Westbrook's hands, not much be coulda done.

They have had words on the court/sidlines before. Russell doesn't strike me as the type to listen to players, coaches...anybody when he is in attack mode.

Plus, he looks like he bites. Kevin's not about that life.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats just who he is though. He is not an alpha- and doesnt want to be an alpha. Thats why he deferred to RW. Thats why he went to GSW. He is mis-cast as the #1 guy that puts you on his back and embraces how hard it is to win a title. He doesnt want to drive the car- he wants to be a passenger. Thats cool and all- but it shows there is something lacking in him and it separates him from the true greats that embrace and raise their game when the going gets tough. One of hte reasons why I am so excited about Kyrie's future is because he seems to have that alpha mentality (that i am sure he got a LOT from both Kobe- his mentor---- and LeBron). Durant just doesnt have that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been hanging out with the corpse of Paul Pierce?

th
it seems like its been years now that the Clips just cant find a good SF.

It is very hard to get a SF without a high draft pick using salary exceptions though in their defense. SOOO important though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems like its been years now that the Clips just cant find a good SF.

It is very hard to get a SF without a high draft pick using salary exceptions though in their defense. SOOO important though.

Atlanta shat all over the Clippers in the draft.

Their top 2 targets: Prince and Bembry.

The Hawks first 2 picks? Prince and Bembry....lol

I would looooooooove to get Will Barton from Denver.

He's a 6'6 wing that can play the 2/3.

He's gonna be burried behind Gallo and Wilson Chandler, if they are healthy. They also have Mike Miller.

The Nugz are stacked at sg with Beasely, Harris and Jamal Murray.

So, I hope he gets caught in the numbers game.

If not, I'm so desperate, I'd take Rudy Gay.