• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In todays NBA Clippers are actually consider a super team. U have Paul, DeAndrea, and Paul plus many others on that team.
LOL @ saying Paul makes up 1/3 of a super team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cost them this year against GS. They had them. When ever a team loses after having a 3-0 or 3-1 lead and it falls on your best player. Curry should get a lot of the blame for the Finals to.
But, Curry is a superstar & KD isn't? Also, KD has very similar individual accolades as Curry. The only difference is Curry has a title. So is that the defining factor for you?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think when you just go by pure talent that OKC might have had the most in the league last year.....thats even what Draymond said after the fact.

Sure.

I can agree with that.

But, the majority of those guys are great to decent role players in that Team, and likely any other Team they play for.

Ibaka will have the chance to prove me wrong with the Magic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Curry is a superstar & KD isn't? Also, KD has very similar individual accolades as Curry. The only difference is Curry has a title. So is that the defining factor for you?
i would imagine that being the best player on a title team is without a doubt an important charecterstic but certainly not determinative on his own.

I guess people just wish that Durant had the hutzpah to be a #1 guy and carry a team through all the difficulties of being a champion. Calling a guy a super star who is a scrub hollering out the passenger side window of his best friends ride just doesnt fit!! LOL.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not putting them on that level of the Heat but compared to the rest of the NBA they are. No other team has 2 stars in the Top 5. I mean come on. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka is close to LBJ, Irving and Love. Lets be real here. Some might say those 3 overall is better then Cavs 3.
So if you wouldn't put them on the level of the Heat then how were they a super team? Now there's tiers of super teams? Come on...keep it one huned. You know he & RW weren't a super team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not putting them on that level of the Heat but compared to the rest of the NBA they are. No other team has 2 stars in the Top 5. I mean come on. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka is close to LBJ, Irving and Love. Lets be real here. Some might say those 3 overall is better then Cavs 3.
I agree.....you can get into the semantics about a "super team" etc....but when it comes down to it- that OKC team had PLENTY of talent to compete and win the championship. They did not lose because they were over matched talent wise. They lost- at least in my opinion- because Durant did not step up like a Kobe or LeBron or Jordan or even a Paul Pierce or Dirk or Chauncey did when destiny came calling. It appears he just might not have it in him- and needs someone else to bear that responsibility.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmm, solid point.

When push came to shove, the Thunder couldn't buy a basket in the WCF and reverted back to iso playground ball, mostly Westbrook.

The Cavs almost suffered the same fate until Kyrie went all big balls on the Warriors.

But, on paper....I'd probably would have taken the Thunder top 3.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....you can get into the semantics about a "super team" etc....but when it comes down to it- that OKC team had PLENTY of talent to compete and win the championship. They did not lose because they were over matched talent wise. They lost- at least in my opinion- because Durant did not step up like a Kobe or LeBron or Jordan or even a Paul Pierce or Dirk or Chauncey did when destiny came calling. It appears he just might not have it in him- and needs someone else to bear that responsibility.
Well, when OKC had the most talent they were in the Finals and beat by-yep you guessed it- A SUPER TEAM (the Heat). Immediately following that season Harden left, which eventually resulted in them losing some of their other guys who had stepped up for them.

I think the problem in OKC is the coaching. They need to get a coach in there with a freaking back bone who will put RW in his place. Donovan sit back in last years conf finals and literally watched RW throw that series away. BAD COACHING.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you just said.

But, shouldn't that apply to Curry as well?

That leads back to the Original debate.

If Curry is a Superstar, Durant is too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, solid point.

When push came to shove, the Thunder couldn't buy a basket in the WCF and reverted back to iso playground ball, mostly Westbrook.

The Cavs almost suffered the same fate until LBJ threw out trickery to the Warriors.

But, on paper....I'd probably would have taken the Thunder top 3.
:fify:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when OKC had the most talent they were in the Finals and beat by-yep you guessed it- A SUPER TEAM (the Heat). Immediately following that season Harden left, which eventually resulted in them losing some of their other guys who had stepped up for them.

I think the problem in OKC is the coaching. They need to get a coach in there with a freaking back bone who will put RW in his place. Donovan sit back in last years conf finals and literally watched RW throw that series away. BAD COACHING.

Yup...look Durant is not a Alpha.

He's to laid back and seems to not like conflict.

But, it shouldn't have been up to him to discipline Westbrook.

The guy is a bona fide Superstar and I can't believe we are even having this debate...lol

There are very few type A, kill their Mama to win guys like Kobe, Jordan....

So, I'm not gonna hold that against him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup...look Durant is not a Alpha.

He's to laid back and seems to not like conflict.

But, it shouldn't have been up to him to discipline Westbrook.

The guy is a bona fide Superstar and I can't believe we are even having this debate...lol

There are very few type A, kill their Mama to win guys like Kobe, Jordan....

So, I'm not gonna hold that against him.
Exactly....and :lol: @ kill their mama to win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thr problem is he has Curry now but he has the same issues(at least in the Finals).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry has a championship and coming off an back to back MVP season. Yes he is above KD. If you dont think so you are being very silly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what I meant. Paul just called the Clippers a Super Team, Jokingly, like the Knicks.
Knicks are a poor man version of a super team. Same with my Bulls. We have 3 stars but 1 is past his prime Wade, 1 is in a decline but has issues (Rondo) and one is a very good player and in the Top 15 Butler. Are they a true Super team No but they are a poor man version just like the Knicks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you just said.

But, shouldn't that apply to Curry as well?

That leads back to the Original debate.

If Curry is a Superstar, Durant is too.
well Curry has won though and seems to embrace that moment. While he def. played like shit at times last year in the Finals- LeBron did the same- he played like shit against Dallas. Both guys have proved that when the going gets tough- they want the ball and can get the job done. I just dont feel the same way about Durant that I do about those Curry and LeBron----- or even Dirk, Pierce, Kyrie, Chauncey etc.

you dont have to win a championship to be a superstar- but I at least would like to see that alpha-dog mentality that you want the ball when the times are toughest and you want your teammates to rely on you to get the job done. I just dont see that with Durant- and i do see that with Bron and Curry and its what separates them in my book.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry has a championship and coming off an back to back MVP season. Yes he is above KD. If you dont think so you are being very silly.
thanks for the Bullshit icon. Shows u are being silly. No one in their right mind would agree with you.