• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry has a championship and coming off an back to back MVP season. Yes he is above KD. If you dont think so you are being very silly.
Stop it. I said they have similar accolades- but that isn't your argument. You're arguing that because KD hasn't shown up in crunch time- and then gave examples such as last years' conf finals- that means he isn't a superstar.

Yet, Curry did the very same thing- in the very next series in that same year's playoffs. So how can you use that argument as a supporting factor to say KD isn't a super star and then in the same breath say it doesn't affect Curry's super star status? Now you're the one being silly here.

Your dislike for KD- for whatever reason- is very blatant in your opinion. And that's fine because you're free to like/dislike as you choose. But, we're pointing out that your reasoning is off.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Curry has won though and seems to embrace that moment. While he def. played like shit at times last year in the Finals- LeBron did the same- he played like shit against Dallas. Both guys have proved that when the going gets tough- they want the ball and can get the job done. I just dont feel the same way about Durant that I do about those Curry and LeBron----- or even Dirk, Pierce, Kyrie, Chauncey etc.

you dont have to win a championship to be a superstar- but I at least would like to see that alpha-dog mentality that you want the ball when the times are toughest and you want your teammates to rely on you to get the job done. I just dont see that with Durant- and i do see that with Bron and Curry and its what separates them in my book.
I agree with this. I just think Curry and LBJ are at a different level. All 3 have choked in their careers but all 2 of them have over come it. Curry and LBJ have back to back MVPs and a championship. Curry won a Finals his 1st time being there. Curry is the leader of that team. That is where KD lacks in. LBJ is the leader of his team even if he doesnt take the last shots of games but he is the one the drives the bus.

Again im not saying KD isnt a super star he is just not at the same level as those 2.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the Bullshit icon. Shows u are being silly. No one in their right mind would agree with you.
Well I call them how I see them. And how can you talk when you've rated a couple of my posts with a face palm?

And in reference to the bolded sentence above- you'd know a lot about that after today's ridiculous debate.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Curry has won though and seems to embrace that moment. While he def. played like shit at times last year in the Finals- LeBron did the same- he played like shit against Dallas. Both guys have proved that when the going gets tough- they want the ball and can get the job done. I just dont feel the same way about Durant that I do about those Curry and LeBron----- or even Dirk, Pierce, Kyrie, Chauncey etc.

you dont have to win a championship to be a superstar- but I at least would like to see that alpha-dog mentality that you want the ball when the times are toughest and you want your teammates to rely on you to get the job done. I just dont see that with Durant- and i do see that with Bron and Curry and its what separates them in my book.

Dude was not the catalyst for that Championship.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely contributed.

Obviously, Bron and Curry are bigger Stars and Durant would come 3rd.

But, he's still a Superstar.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. I said they have similar accolades- but that isn't your argument. You're arguing that because KD hasn't shown up in crunch time- and then gave examples such as last years' conf finals- that means he isn't a superstar.

Yet, Curry did the very same thing- in the very next series in that same year's playoffs. So how can you use that argument as a supporting factor to say KD isn't a super star and then in the same breath say it doesn't affect Curry's super star status? Now you're the one being silly here.

Your dislike for KD- for whatever reason- is very blatant in your opinion. And that's fine because you're free to like/dislike as you choose. But, we're pointing out that your reasoning is off.
you can say that because Curry has actually gotten the job done.

You are not gonna win every time- thats for sure. LeBron has failed on the biggest stage. Kobe has failed on the biggest stage. Duncan has failed on the biggest stage. However- all 3 of those guys want that ball, and want that pressure at the end of games. More often than not- those guys come through. Even slightly lesser talents like Paul Pierce, Dirk, Kyrie, Chauncey- all still VERY VERY VERY GOOD PLAYERS- and all probably likely hall of famers- but not quite as talented as Durant--- but Pierce, Dirk, Kyrie, Chauncey WANT THAT FUCKING BALL with 10 seconds left down by 1 and have carried their teams on that highest stage.

I just dont get that feeling when I watch Durant- and its what separates him from Curry and Bron in my opinion. Its why I have former Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard as a better player right now- (even if Kawhi did win that award as a youngester with no pressure on him at the time).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I just think Curry and LBJ are at a different level. All 3 have choked in their careers but all 2 of them have over come it. Curry and LBJ have back to back MVPs and a championship. Curry won a Finals his 1st time being there. Curry is the leader of that team. That is where KD lacks in. LBJ is the leader of his team even if he doesnt take the last shots of games but he is the one the drives the bus.

Again im not saying KD isnt a super star he is just not at the same level as those 2.

Switching gears a bit here...bear with me..

I think Curry is the best player on the Warriors.

But, Draymond is the leader.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was not the catalyst for that Championship.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely contributed.

Obviously, Bron and Curry are bigger Stars and Durant would come 3rd.

But, he's still a Superstar.
id prob agree with that--- id call Durant at least a "media" superstar if not one in practice. If you open it up to Durant though i think you need to open it up to 3-4 more guys that are on the same tier as him- while Curry and Bron are in their own tier.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can say that because Curry has actually gotten the job done.

You are not gonna win every time- thats for sure. LeBron has failed on the biggest stage. Kobe has failed on the biggest stage. Duncan has failed on the biggest stage. However- all 3 of those guys want that ball, and want that pressure at the end of games. More often than not- those guys come through. Even slightly lesser talents like Paul Pierce, Dirk, Kyrie, Chauncey- all still VERY VERY VERY GOOD PLAYERS- and all probably likely hall of famers- but not quite as talented as Durant--- but Pierce, Dirk, Kyrie, Chauncey WANT THAT FUCKING BALL with 10 seconds left down by 1 and have carried their teams on that highest stage.

I just dont get that feeling when I watch Durant- and its what separates him from Curry and Bron in my opinion. Its why I have former Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard as a better player right now- (even if Kawhi did win that award as a youngester with no pressure on him at the time).
I understand your points- but how do we even know that KD didn't want the ball in those situations since RW wouldn't give anyone else on the team a chance in those moments? I just don't think it's fair to judge him because he didn't want to be the "Kobe" and confront RW. If he'd gone that route chances are they'd been fighting a lot.

All I'm saying is I'm not holding that against him because clearly we all can agree he has the ability to lead a team. He showed that when RW was out with his injury.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id prob agree with that--- id call Durant at least a "media" superstar if not one in practice. If you open it up to Durant though i think you need to open it up to 3-4 more guys that are on the same tier as him- while Curry and Bron are in their own tier.

I see your point.

I mean, Kawhi has won and is an introvert to the 10th power even more so than Durant.

If you had to pick between him , Durant and George, who would you want?

Jesus...that's tough.

I want to say Kevin because of the shooting.

But, Kawhi is a monsta on defense.

Sadly, I'm seduced by offense. So, I'm going KD....by a hair.

* pukes*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your points- but how do we even know that KD didn't want the ball in those situations since RW wouldn't give anyone else on the team a chance in those moments? I just don't think it's fair to judge him because he didn't want to be the "Kobe" and confront RW. If he'd gone that route chances are they'd been fighting a lot.

All I'm saying is I'm not holding that against him because clearly we all can agree he has the ability to lead a team. He showed that when RW was out with his injury.
you know because Michael Jordan does not defer to Scottie Pippen. When RW Was out with his injury Durant went down early in the playoffs- not that its his fault- but its not like durant went crazy and elevated his team and his game to a level we didnt think was possible.

could u imagine if a teammate tried to take those moments away from Kobe or Jordan or current day LeBron? they would MURDER that guy. Durant was just kinda cool with it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No because I also stated Curry has been to back to back Finals, Won a Finals, Back to back MVP and is the leader of his team. U watch most OKC games Westbrook seems like the leader on that team most of the time.

I dont dislike KD. LOL I actually like him a lot. You are the 1st person to say that. KD is one of my Fav players in the league. My top 5 favs in the league: 1)Rose(I will always be a Rose fan) 2) Butler (Homer picks), 3) Curry, 4)KD 5) Irving(new to my list) got a love a guy with ice in his veins. When the cavs need a boost they go to him. This was hard for me because I hate duke.

Not watching Rose every game will drop my interest but hope he does well. I will still follow him.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point.

I mean, Kawhi has won and is an introvert to the 10th power even more so than Durant.

If you had to pick between him Durant and George, who would you want?

Jesus...that's tough.

I want to say Kevin because of the shooting.

But, Kawhi is a monsta on defense.
I think I would pick KD because he can take over a game offensively AND play good defense when he wants to. But, how many games have we seen Kawhi take over?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I call them how I see them. And how can you talk when you've rated a couple of my posts with a face palm?

And in reference to the bolded sentence above- you'd know a lot about that after today's ridiculous debate.
I also gave you some thumbs up for things that make sense. This subject not a good one for you.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would pick KD because he can take over a game offensively AND play good defense when he wants to. But, how many games have we seen Kawhi take over?

The year they won the Finals.

But, like Russ said, he didn't have the pressure.

This will be the year to test that theory.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switching gears a bit here...bear with me..

I think Curry is the best player on the Warriors.

But, Draymond is the leader.
No he might talk the most but Curry is the leader. Just because u talk the most doesnt mean you are the leader. Dez Bryant talks the most on Dallas but he isnt the leader. (different sports I know same concept).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he might talk the most but Curry is the leader. Just because u talk the most doesnt mean you are the leader. Dez Bryant talks the most on Dallas but he isnt the leader. (different sports I know same concept).

Draymond is the leader sir

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because I also stated Curry has been to back to back Finals, Won a Finals, Back to back MVP and is the leader of his team. U watch most OKC games Westbrook seems like the leader on that team most of the time.

I dont dislike KD. LOL I actually like him a lot. You are the 1st person to say that. KD is one of my Fav players in the league. My top 5 favs in the league: 1)Rose(I will always be a Rose fan) 2) Butler (Homer picks), 3) Curry, 4)KD 5) Irving(new to my list) got a love a guy with ice in his veins. When the cavs need a boost they go to him. This was hard for me because I hate duke.

Not watching Rose every game will drop my interest but hope he does well. I will still follow him.

Blake, Aldridge, Dame, Freak, Kyrie....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is the leader sir
U just like to disagree with me. LOL Dont get me wrong Green is very important and might be one of the leaders on the team but Curry is the Main man on that team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know because Michael Jordan does not defer to Scottie Pippen. When RW Was out with his injury Durant went down early in the playoffs- not that its his fault- but its not like durant went crazy and elevated his team and his game to a level we didnt think was possible.

could u imagine if a teammate tried to take those moments away from Kobe or Jordan or current day LeBron? they would MURDER that guy. Durant was just kinda cool with it.
Well KD has always played in the Western Conf. He had pretty much the same results as Kobe when he was playing without a robin.

And we did see those moments taken away from Kobe- and it resulted in him & Shaq having tension & probably cost them a few seasons of winning. Knowing the outcome of that, how would that have benefitted KD in OKC?? IMO the result of that would've been KD leaving OKC long time ago.

And if this is a debate about individual talent status then why are you comparing the temperament/personality of two different types of guys? Pounding on your chest and/or chastising guys isn't always the best approach- and that isn't limited to just this situation. Have you ever heard of the sayin "you will attract more bees with honey than vinegar"??

Are we at all debating that KD doesn't have the talent that is on the same level as a Kobe or MJ? If so, I think you're wrong. He just has a different approach- a more team friendly approach- than MJ or Kobe.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also gave you some thumbs up for things that make sense. This subject not a good one for you.
As I've ALWAYS done for you.

But don't try to call me out based on my opinion when you've exercised the same ability.