• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? A superteam these days has 3 stars. The Heat had, Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh. The Spurs had Timmy, Parker, Ginoibili and Leonard (who is 2nd tier star), the Cavs have Lebron, Kyrie and Love, the Warriors had Curry, Klay and Green.

OKC had KD and Westbrook. Adams and Ibaka aren't stars. They are solid role players, nothing more. I suppose you think the Lakers last title team was a superteam because they had Kobe, Pau and Derek Fisher?
I agree with you But when u have 2 of the Top 5-7 it makes up for it and its not like they have scrubs to fill out the rest of the team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been hanging out with the corpse of Paul Pierce?

th
I meant Blake, Chris Paul, Jordan. Not paul Pierce

Reactions: LAD

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's some logic I can get behind. He definitely allowed Westbrook to take over far too often and imo, it cost them at least one and maybe a couple of finals appearances.
Cost them this year against GS. They had them. When ever a team loses after having a 3-0 or 3-1 lead and it falls on your best player. Curry should get a lot of the blame for the Finals to.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only have Curry and LBJ on Level 1. Durant is just not at the level. He is a great player but chokes a lot. I think Durant just misses Level 1 Super star status. Him being at GS hurts him now for me. Again just my opinion. I consider a Level 1 Super star a player that can carry a team and Durant cant do that.
I think KD being with GS will do just the opposite. I think the style of play with GS will allow him to flourish and finally reap the rewards of his ability to play the game the right way.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 2 of the top 5-7 in the league. that is a super team. They had Adams, Ibaka and others. Stop acting like they werent. Name another team that has 2 of the Top 7 players in the league maybe top 5. Last team was heat where they had the #1, #3 or 4 and #10 player on the same team.

A super team constitutes at least 3 all-star players (The warriors now have 4). The Thunder had a well rounded team, not super just because two of their best players were also in the top 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dog shit Clippers have 3 top 20 guys.

Not a Super Team...not even close.

Blake and CP3 are in the top 10, or at the very least were in the top 10 during their previous years while playing together - not a super team, as you've pointed out.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does he choke a lot? Are you referencing last year's conference finals? If so, we can mention Curry with this past year's Finals. If we're going to go with that, than we can take Lebron off the super star list because that used to be the narrative with him and the 2011 Finals was a huge blemish.

Durant's a super star. I'd like more proof of him choking. Also, being the 2nd best player in the league makes you a super star.
All very good examples.

I think the one thing that most people overlook is that a lot of times KD is forced to react due to RWs selfish play. And when I say react I mean taking bad shots at the end of the shot clock. That is always going to hurt a player's efficiency and will make it hard to get into a rhythm or flow offensively.

This is why I think KD will do very well in GS- because he will be playing with a PG that is actually going to be expecting him to be in position and ready for the pass. I can't wait to see them play on a regular basis.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A super team constitutes at least 3 all-star players (The warriors now have 4). The Thunder had a well rounded team, not super just because two of their best players were also in the top 5.
Still compared to the rest of the NBA it was a super team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs and he cant carry a team. Again its my opinion. I dont consider him at the level of Curry and LBJ. He is right there for me. He is so close but now going to GS takes that away for me. Again Im not saying you are wrong and anyone that thinks he is. This is just how I feel. There is no right and wrong answer here. Its all opinion.
I think your opinion is bordering on the dislike that he's joined a great team. I think if you can remove yourself from that thought maybe you would feel differently about the possibilities for his game with GS.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like more proof of him not being able to carry a team. Probably had something to do with Westbrook not passing to him a lot. He's a super star and not one person outside of you would suggest otherwise.

This is exactly what I think as well- and that will change in GS.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine. Im ok with that. In my opinion he is not. U need to win a Title in the Now NBA to be a A+ level 1 super star. Sorry. Cant change my mind on this. Move on. He is on the verge but right now nope. Again Im not saying he isnt great and I would love to have KD on my team.
So if GS wins a title this season would he then be on that list?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different NBA. This NBA is put together but Super teams and he was on one and hasnt won.
Curry, LBJ ------------------> everyone else............. People trying to get to level 1 KD, Westbrook, Davis, Cousins, and Melo(he has been trying forever).
KD was on a Super team?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if GS wins a title this season would he then be on that list?
if he comes up big in the moment instead of shrinking away when it matters most- yes of course.

Hes not an alpha. Its just now who he is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think when you just go by pure talent that OKC might have had the most in the league last year.....thats even what Draymond said after the fact.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 2 of the top 5-7 in the league. that is a super team. They had Adams, Ibaka and others. Stop acting like they werent. Name another team that has 2 of the Top 7 players in the league maybe top 5. Last team was heat where they had the #1, #3 or 4 and #10 player on the same team.
Then how come we've NEVER heard anyone in the media- or basketball world for that matter- refer to that OKC team as a super team?

I think you're saying it now to serve as a supporting factor in your argument- even though it's just an opinion. Let's be real for just a second. No one other than yourself thinks OKC was a super team. And I think that's unfair to say he isn't a superstar because he couldn't win with a selfish PG that always resorted to ISO ball when their backs were against the wall.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Green has had a rough go as of late.

So, he'll probably just take it like a man.

He got paid.

He got his ring.

Hopefully, he embraces the Bosh-lite role.
I think he's the most effective-and most dangerous to most defenses- when he's facilitating and defending vs. shooting the ball. If he embraces that role more then they should be fine.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in most years - were no better than a 4-seed. Comparitive analysis to the rest of the league, doesn't make them a super team in that respect. It just makes them well structures. I would include the late 90's Jazz teams a super team, nor would I the mid 2000's Pistons teams - they were just well structures, similar to the Thunder before Durant bolted.

Reactions: LAD

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how come we've NEVER heard anyone in the media- or basketball world for that matter- refer to that OKC team as a super team?

I think you're saying it now to serve as a supporting factor in your argument- even though it's just an opinion. Let's be real for just a second. No one other than yourself thinks OKC was a super team. And I think that's unfair to say he isn't a superstar because he couldn't win with a selfish PG that always resorted to ISO ball when their backs were against the wall.
Im not putting them on that level of the Heat but compared to the rest of the NBA they are. No other team has 2 stars in the Top 5. I mean come on. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka is close to LBJ, Irving and Love. Lets be real here. Some might say those 3 overall is better then Cavs 3.