• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does he choke a lot? Are you referencing last year's conference finals? If so, we can mention Curry with this past year's Finals. If we're going to go with that, than we can take Lebron off the super star list because that used to be the narrative with him and the 2011 Finals was a huge blemish.

Durant's a super star. I'd like more proof of him choking. Also, being the 2nd best player in the league makes you a super star.
Playoffs and he cant carry a team. Again its my opinion. I dont consider him at the level of Curry and LBJ. He is right there for me. He is so close but now going to GS takes that away for me. Again Im not saying you are wrong and anyone that thinks he is. This is just how I feel. There is no right and wrong answer here. Its all opinion.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs and he cant carry a team. Again its my opinion. I dont consider him at the level of Curry and LBJ. He is right there for me. He is so close but now going to GS takes that away for me. Again Im not saying you are wrong and anyone that thinks he is. This is just how I feel. There is no right and wrong answer here. Its all opinion.

I'd like more proof of him not being able to carry a team. Probably had something to do with Westbrook not passing to him a lot. He's a super star and not one person outside of you would suggest otherwise.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like more proof of him not being able to carry a team. Probably had something to do with Westbrook not passing to him a lot. He's a super star and not one person outside of you would suggest otherwise.
Thats fine. Im ok with that. In my opinion he is not. U need to win a Title in the Now NBA to be a A+ level 1 super star. Sorry. Cant change my mind on this. Move on. He is on the verge but right now nope. Again Im not saying he isnt great and I would love to have KD on my team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine. Im ok with that. In my opinion he is not. U need to win a Title in the Now NBA to be a A+ level 1 super star. Sorry. Cant change my mind on this. Move on. He is on the verge but right now nope. Again Im not saying he isnt great and I would love to have KD on my team.

That's fair. Just letting you know you're wrong.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you are talking about the Now, not the past.

But, by your logic....Malone, Barkley....not a Superstar.

Yeah, no....Durant is definitely in the Upper Crust.

Curry, LEBron, Durant----------------------> everyone else.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, let me see if I understand this. You say that you don't consider KD a superstar and that him going to the Warriors takes him out of superstar status.

He is so close but now going to GS takes that away for me.

Then you say that you need to win a title to be a superstar.

U need to win a Title in the Now NBA to be a A+ level 1 super star.

So, what happens if he wins a title with the Warriors? Superstar or nah? :noidea:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's all just opinion.

But, if you take Durant out because of Playoff failures, shouldn't Curry be out too?

Even when they won, he wasn't the catalyst.

Or, does he get a pass because they won despite his less than MVP level play?

Lots of guys are playing buddy ball in this era. So, that's a shaky criteria to doc him on in normal circumstances.

But, joining a 73 win team isn't the norm.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are talking about the Now, not the past.

But, by your logic....Malone, Barkley....not a Superstar.

Yeah, no....Durant is definitely in the Upper Crust.

Curry, LEBron, Durant----------------------> everyone else.
Different NBA. This NBA is put together but Super teams and he was on one and hasnt won.
Curry, LBJ ------------------> everyone else............. People trying to get to level 1 KD, Westbrook, Davis, Cousins, and Melo(he has been trying forever).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let me see if I understand this. You say that you don't consider KD a superstar and that him going to the Warriors takes him out of superstar status.

Then you say that you need to win a title to be a superstar.

So, what happens if he wins a title with the Warriors? Superstar or nah? :noidea:
No because he isnt the main guy. He couldnt do it as the leader of his super team so he went to create and Super super team. Nope that is why it hurts him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's all just opinion.

But, if you take Durant out because of Playoff failures, shouldn't Curry be out too?

Even when they won, he wasn't the catalyst.

Or, does he get a pass because they won despite his less than MVP level play?

Lots of guys are playing buddy ball in this era. So, that's a shaky criteria to doc him on in normal circumstances.

But, joining a 73 win team isn't the norm.
Nope Curry won one. Yes he has looked bad in the Finals but overall he is the MVP and had good playoffs. Been to the Finals back to back years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different NBA. This NBA is put together but Super teams and he was on one and hasnt won.
Curry, LBJ ------------------> everyone else............. People trying to get to level 1 KD, Westbrook, Davis, Cousins, and Melo(he has been trying forever).

Fair enough.

You viewed OKC on the same level as the Heatles, Cavs and Warriors Super Teams?

They had a dynamic duo for sure.

But, Harden got traded before he hit stardom and Ibaka never did his part to become a legitimate big 3.

No excuses...you play/win with what you got.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Its my opinion. Im not saying you guys are wrong. Its an opinion. No one is right or wrong unless u say KD isnt even in the top 10 or 20. Something crazy like that. Im Talking about level 1 Top of the mountain. Thats only Curry and LBJ. KD is right at Level 1 B almost at the top. Its not a knock on him. He just isnt at Curry or LBJ level.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

You viewed OKC on the same level as the Heatles, Cavs and Warriors Super Teams?

They had a dynamic duo for sure.

But, Harden got traded before he hit stardom and Ibaka never did his part to become a legitimate big 3.

No excuses...you play/win with what you got.
Yes they were on that level because their Duo is in the Top 7 of the league. Then they have great pieces around them. Yes they were a homegrown Super team. ( I actually give them mad credit.). I respect that OKC team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because he isnt the main guy. He couldnt do it as the leader of his super team so he went to create and Super super team. Nope that is why it hurts him.

What superteam? He had himself and Westbrook. Even when it was KD, Westbrook and Harden, they were too young and just learning to play together. OKC's FO has done nothing to add the necessary pieces help them get to the level of the true superteams like the Heat when they had the big 3, the Spurs, the Cavs and the Warriors. That's not on Durant.

With the exception of the Mavs, the last team to win a title without 3 star players was the Lakers.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am actually very interested in seeing how this all plays out.

Will they be 1a and 1b?

Or, will there be a clear pecking order?

As long as Green or Klay don't go all John Wall/Bradley Beal Diva, it should work out fine.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What superteam? He had himself and Westbrook. Even when it was KD, Westbrook and Harden, they were too young and just learning to play together. OKC's FO has done nothing to add the necessary pieces help them get to the level of the true superteams like the Heat when they had the big 3, the Spurs, the Cavs and the Warriors. That's not on Durant.

With the exception of the Mavs, the last team to win a title without 3 star players was the Lakers.
They have 2 of the top 5-7 in the league. that is a super team. They had Adams, Ibaka and others. Stop acting like they werent. Name another team that has 2 of the Top 7 players in the league maybe top 5. Last team was heat where they had the #1, #3 or 4 and #10 player on the same team.