• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what u are talking about. This is a great schedule and Im ready to watch all of them. The sad thing is the biggest blow out today might be GS beating the Cavs today.
really? why do you think that?

you think Minnesota OKC is a good game? LAC vs. LAL a good game? really?

Boston v. New YOrk is decent i guess---- and Spurs vs. Bulls has potential depending on which bulls team shows up

but wouldnt like Toronto/Boston or Memphis/Spurs or Clippers/Spurs be a lot better? Its not like those werent the teams everyone expected to be good when the schedule was made anyway.

i would think you would want the best of the best matched up for your annual Christmas showcase- not multiple teams that are going nowhere....just my thought though apparently.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston v. New YOrk is decent i guess---- and Spurs vs. Bulls has potential depending on which bulls team shows up

but wouldnt like Toronto/Boston or Memphis/Spurs or Clippers/Spurs be a lot better? Its not like those werent the teams everyone expected to be good when the schedule was made anyway.

i would think you would want the best of the best matched up for your annual Christmas showcase- not multiple teams that are going nowhere....just my thought though apparently.

Minnesota/OKC is a good game. Both teams are fun to watch. Clippers/Lakers is another solid game. Even though the Lakers have a bad record, they're usually competitive and have a style pretty cool to watch.

On Christmas day you aim for ratings. The 3 best teams in the west are playing today. You have the champs playing. Outside of that you also have 4 of the biggest markets playing. There's really nothing wrong with this schedule. They were not going to put the Raptors vs Grizzlies on Christmas day or something.

If you think only teams with good records can produce good games then you're just stupid. You're assuming Minnesota/OKC and Clippers/Lakers won't be good games due to the records of the Wolves and Lakers

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness....Someone with the Warriors has a great sense of humor cause this is Awesome...lol

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what more could you want to be honest with you.

The Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, and Clippers are the 4 best teams in basketball. They're all in action. In the other 2 games that doesn't include one of those 4 teams, you have a good game between two solid Eastern Conference teams then you have the young and upcoming Wolves against Westbrook.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. I think GS is going to come out fired up and give some pay back.
Don't get me wrong yes there are better match ups they could of put together but we got some nice classic match ups, Future team match ups and the best of the best match up.
Knicks vs Bulls would of been good.
Overall I am happy with the schedule.
Boston vs Knicks: Nice old classic rivalry game
GS vs Cavs: best of the best Match up
Bulls vs Spurs: Nice game. Bulls beat them last game.
Minn vs OKC: Westbrook vs the young talent of Minn(Towns and Wiggins). Watching Westbrook is always fun
Clippers vs Lakers: Battle of the Arena. Another classic match up.

I think they did ok. Don't get me wrong it would of been nice to see Harden and Houston.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys def. make some very good points- but if y ou were to just grade the games- how would you do that?

Boston v. New York: B

Cleveland v. Golden State: A+ (most anticipated regular season game of the year- but- as we said- could be a blowout)

San Antonio v. Chicago: B+ to B

Oklahoma City v. Minnesota: B- to C+

Lakers v. Clippers: C

esp. on Christmas day- give me some matchups that matter and could be possible playoff matchups or something....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NY-Boston game was set for an hour from now......can place a bet later if the game is going towards Boston.....work the loopholes.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys def. make some very good points- but if y ou were to just grade the games- how would you do that?

Boston v. New York: B

Cleveland v. Golden State: A+ (most anticipated regular season game of the year- but- as we said- could be a blowout)

San Antonio v. Chicago: B+ to B

Oklahoma City v. Minnesota: B- to C+

Lakers v. Clippers: C

esp. on Christmas day- give me some matchups that matter and could be possible playoff matchups or something....

RATINGS. They're not going to throw Memphis vs Toronto on Christmas day even though they're 2 very good teams. All of these games should do great ratings wise except for Minny vs OKC since its going H2H with the NFL game.

My ratings would look similar to yours but games are not played on paper. Minnesota and OKC very well could be the best game of the day

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks have gone 13-7 after starting 3-6.....they are starting to come together. Noah may have been overpaid but most centers were and he provides some intangibles they need.

And Rose may never be the same explosive player he once was but he still is pretty good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON wouldnt even give them a meeting becuase he will NEVER play for the Lakers...he sent his agent to politely say- "Are you fucking crazy?"

kind of a sign that a guy doesnt take you seriously when HE doesnt even show up himself for the meeting.

Typical bullshit. When a player's agent meets with a team, it's the same as the player meeting with the team. In virtually every situation, the first meeting is always with the agent and not the player. The agent fields the offer/finds out the plan. If the agent feels it's a good enough offer/plan, that's when the player gets involved.

The sign that a guy doesn't take you seriously or has already made up his mind, is when he won't even let you meet with his agent. Lebron had a list of teams that he was willing to at least let make an offer...the Lakers were one of those teams.

If Lebron's agent felt the Lakers offer was good enough, Lebron would have met with the Lakers personally. Even with the storyline of Lebron returning home, it's unlikely that he was directly involved in the initial meetings with the Cavs. It's possible because of his history with the team. But the most likely scenario was Lebron sending his agent to meet with the Cavs and telling them what he wanted to return and his agent reporting back on whether or not the Cavs would be good with it.

So, the Lakers did exactly what I said they'd do. They presented the most attractive offer they could and hoped it was good enough. It wasn't, so they moved on.

Just admit you were wrong (like you claim you do) and move on.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Christmas games are more about ratings than anything else. The Lakers are playing because, like it or not, people watch them. It doesn't even appear to matter whether they are any good or not...people still watch.

As for Minny/OKC...Minny seems to be an up and coming young team and OKC has Westbrook who's fun to watch and having an amazing season.

Warriors/Cavs is obviously the marquee game, that's why it's being played in the time slot it is. I disagree with the sentiment some have that it will be a GSW blowout. While GSW is going to be looking to make a point, I think the Cavs (especially Lebron) understand it's a showcase game and will respond accordingly.

Agree about the other 2. Celtics/Knicks has a chance to be a decent game and Spurs/Bulls will be about which Bulls teams shows up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this just ruined my Christmas Day!:D And Merry Christmas T12.

Merry Christmas to you too. As a Christmas present, I'm pulling for your C's right now. Whether it turns out to be a gift or a lump of coal remains to be seen. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.