• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this shit cracks me up--- 3 years ago- sugar plums dancing in your head about LeBron coming to the Lakers or staying in Miami.....

and pretty much contradicting what EVERYONE knows-- no one wanted to be Kobe's butler during his elder years in LA

july 13:
Not gonna blow up in my face, I've said all along that I think Lebron stays in Miami!! The difference however, is I'm not going to just dismiss the Lakers ability to put together an attractive offer based on some idea that no one wants to play with Kobe that I can't back up!!

How is the Lakers only having Nash and Sacre (and possibly Nick Young) under contract next summer NOT a great situation!! Think about what Lebron did re: going to Miami!! He basically got together with D-Wade and Bosh and made his own team!!

Not saying this would happen, but the Lakers could literally say to Lebron "We've got you, Nash, Sacre and Young. Who else do you want? We'll get them"!!

As for where to live, Miami is NOT more glamorous than L.A. and doesn't have the humidity!! The Lakers have their own GM who may very well be an HOF'er himself!!

LOL--- Nash, Sacre and Young??? LOL...omg that is funny shit. I think LeBron DID cite less humidity in Cleveland then Miami when he came back didnt he? lol.

Can't say exactly what will happen, but I could see the Lakers putting together attractive offers for both Lebron and Melo and see if they can get either one or both. Then signing Kobe and possibly Pau to smaller 2 year deals and filling out the rest of the roster with role players (some returning from this coming year).

Don't get me wrong, it's not about wanting Lebron, it's about what I think the Lakers will do. Whether we like it or not, he is the best player in the game today and the Lakers will make a strong pitch for him (they've already indicated this as much as they can under the rules). As I've pointed out in the past, they didn't set these contracts up so that all of them expire at the same time by accident. There is a plan in place for all of that money.

As for re-building through the draft? Yes and no. The good thing about the Lakers compared to most of the rest of the league is that they can essentially do both. They can go after the max deal free agents and add complimentary players who become big contributors through the draft

LOL--- LEBron wouldnt even give them a MEETING!

You do realize that those old, slow guys will be gone by the time the Lakers could even make an offer to Lebron, Melo or anyone else, right?

You really need to get over the old, slow thing. It's like you think those guys are all signed for the next 5 years or something!!

LeBron- Melo- Dwight---- MOZGOV AND DENG!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

this is MY favorite:

At what point did I say the Lakers would contend next year. I've said all along that even if Dwight re-signs, the Lakers are unlikely to contend until 2014-15 season. If Dwight re-signs, Kobe and everyone else comes back completely healthy and stays healthy all season, the Lakers would still be a dark horse at best. It's the following season that Lakers could put themselves back in contention.

lol......man that is hilarious. maybe tack on another 3 years.

You know as well as I do that with the way things are set up with this years Laker team, it's virtually impossible to know who they will add.

This current team has a bunch of 1 and 2 year contracts (mostly 1's). The free agents that the Lakers go after will be determined by need which will be based on which players from the current team earn spots beyond this season or next.

There are 2 "no-brainer" free agents in the next 2 classes that the Lakers will make very attractive offers to. I think they will get one, but not both.

In 2014, obviously they will make a very attractive offer to Lebron. However, I think Lebron stays in Miami.

In 2015, they will make a very attractive offer to Kevin Love who I think will sign with the Lakers (that seems to be the popular opinion anyway).

and my credibility is bad?
Way tl;dr

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs beat the Nets, but no one cares. Bring on Christmas and the Warriors. Final thoughts: http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/cavs-119-nets-99-jason-lloyd-s-15-thoughts-on-the-warriors-and-christmas-not-the-nets-1.735917 …

2:30 tomorrow...most anticipated game of the regular season.

LBJ definitely downplaying it:

“Are we ready to set ourselves up for a seven-game series between us and the Warriors? Hell no. Our starting two-guard is out (three) months,” James said. “And we have no sense of entitlement thinking we can even get to a seven-game series. We’re not ready for that. We’ll be as well-prepared as you can be for a regular season game. Teams like Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland, it’s too hard. You can’t really game plan in one day. You get one day to game plan for those guys or one day to game plan for the Spurs? It’s just too hard. You need a week to game plan for that and that’s what you get when you’re able to play in a series vs. teams like that. But we’ll be as prepared as we can be for a regular season game on Sunday.”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, looking at the numbers, both guys do post some big ones against the Cavs lol. He might have half a leg to stand on as far as them stepping up a bit against Cle. But, he kind of implied that they don't play hard or well against the rest of the league, which is BS.

Yeah but if you look at their game logs then you can see they put up similar numbers all year long.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if you look at their game logs then you can see they put up similar numbers all year long.
is there an actual quote from LeBron on that? I looked for one and all i could find is the reference McMenamin made without an actual quote- which is rather strange.

The young Bucks have LeBron’s attention

pecifically, Antetokounmpo and co-star Jabari Parker perform better against the Cavaliers than other opponents.

The Greek Freak averages 22.9 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 5.8 assists on the season, but posts 29 points, 10 rebounds, and three steals on average against Cleveland. Parker, a 38.4 percent three-point shooter, is shooting 50 percent against the Cavaliers and is scoring five more points per game (25.1) against them than he normally does (20.1).

James may have a bit of a point. Jabari Parker’s 2nd and 9th best scoring games of the season came against the Cavs on December 20th (30 points) and December 21st (27 points).

Antetokounmpo, meanwhile, had the greatest game of his career against the Cavs on November 29th of this season, putting up 34 points, 12 rebounds, five assists, five steals, and two blocks. While that great game came against the Cavs, Antetokounmpo also had games with 28 points, five rebounds, and five assists on December 21st as well as 25 points, 12 rebounds, two assists, two steals, and three blocks on December 20th, all against the Cavaliers.

so it does seem LEBron has a point- though McMEnamin- the guy who everyone is quoting- NEVER actually quotes LeBron. I highly highly doubt McMEnamin goes with that without a very strong basis- but what would that be? like locker room talk if not a direct quote?

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there an actual quote from LeBron on that? I looked for one and all i could find is the reference McMenamin made without an actual quote- which is rather strange.

The young Bucks have LeBron’s attention

pecifically, Antetokounmpo and co-star Jabari Parker perform better against the Cavaliers than other opponents.

The Greek Freak averages 22.9 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 5.8 assists on the season, but posts 29 points, 10 rebounds, and three steals on average against Cleveland. Parker, a 38.4 percent three-point shooter, is shooting 50 percent against the Cavaliers and is scoring five more points per game (25.1) against them than he normally does (20.1).

Maybe Cleveland just can't guard them? Ever consider that?

Lebron didn't deny the report so im pretty sure he said it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cleveland just can't guard them? Ever consider that?

Lebron didn't deny the report so im pretty sure he said it
yah- i added a relevant part to my post in that---- I seriously doubt McMenamin runs with that without some kind of basis- but what that basis is could be anything- obviously it wasnt a direct quote- maybe something he over heard in the locker room?

and- i dont blame those 2 guys if they get up for a game vs. the defending champs- thats just what happens- everyone comes for you when you are the defending champs- you know that from when they won championships in miami...every team gives you their best shot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not home right now but I'm pretty sure i can find other teams where they put up numbers better than their season avg. Expecting a player to avg the same against all teams is just not realistic

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not home right now but I'm pretty sure i can find other teams where they put up numbers better than their season avg. Expecting a player to avg the same against all teams is just not realistic
i think its a strange comment- but i have never really heard LeBron say that kind of thing before- and the numbers back it up- and generally i will defer to LeBron's opinion on basketball matters as he is one of the smartest to ever play teh game.

i just dont see any motivation for him to say that unless thats what he really thought and with the numberse backing it up i can buy it.

i just dont see the big deal- guys get up to play the defending champions all the time- its something defending champs have had to deal with since the trophy was first given out.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--------------this shit cracks me up--- 3 years ago- sugar plums dancing in your head about LeBron coming to the Lakers or staying in Miami.....

and pretty much contradicting what EVERYONE knows-- no one wanted to be Kobe's butler during his elder years in LA

july 13:
Not gonna blow up in my face, I've said all along that I think Lebron stays in Miami!! The difference however, is I'm not going to just dismiss the Lakers ability to put together an attractive offer based on some idea that no one wants to play with Kobe that I can't back up!!

How is the Lakers only having Nash and Sacre (and possibly Nick Young) under contract next summer NOT a great situation!! Think about what Lebron did re: going to Miami!! He basically got together with D-Wade and Bosh and made his own team!!

Not saying this would happen, but the Lakers could literally say to Lebron "We've got you, Nash, Sacre and Young. Who else do you want? We'll get them"!!

As for where to live, Miami is NOT more glamorous than L.A. and doesn't have the humidity!! The Lakers have their own GM who may very well be an HOF'er himself!!

--------LOL--- Nash, Sacre and Young??? LOL...omg that is funny shit. I think LeBron DID cite less humidity in Cleveland then Miami when he came back didnt he? lol.

Can't say exactly what will happen, but I could see the Lakers putting together attractive offers for both Lebron and Melo and see if they can get either one or both. Then signing Kobe and possibly Pau to smaller 2 year deals and filling out the rest of the roster with role players (some returning from this coming year).

Don't get me wrong, it's not about wanting Lebron, it's about what I think the Lakers will do. Whether we like it or not, he is the best player in the game today and the Lakers will make a strong pitch for him (they've already indicated this as much as they can under the rules). As I've pointed out in the past, they didn't set these contracts up so that all of them expire at the same time by accident. There is a plan in place for all of that money.

As for re-building through the draft? Yes and no. The good thing about the Lakers compared to most of the rest of the league is that they can essentially do both. They can go after the max deal free agents and add complimentary players who become big contributors through the draft

LOL--- LEBron wouldnt even give them a MEETING!

You do realize that those old, slow guys will be gone by the time the Lakers could even make an offer to Lebron, Melo or anyone else, right?

You really need to get over the old, slow thing. It's like you think those guys are all signed for the next 5 years or something!!

LeBron- Melo- Dwight---- MOZGOV AND DENG!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

this is MY favorite:

At what point did I say the Lakers would contend next year. I've said all along that even if Dwight re-signs, the Lakers are unlikely to contend until 2014-15 season. If Dwight re-signs, Kobe and everyone else comes back completely healthy and stays healthy all season, the Lakers would still be a dark horse at best. It's the following season that Lakers could put themselves back in contention.

lol......man that is hilarious. maybe tack on another 3 years.

You know as well as I do that with the way things are set up with this years Laker team, it's virtually impossible to know who they will add.

This current team has a bunch of 1 and 2 year contracts (mostly 1's). The free agents that the Lakers go after will be determined by need which will be based on which players from the current team earn spots beyond this season or next.

There are 2 "no-brainer" free agents in the next 2 classes that the Lakers will make very attractive offers to. I think they will get one, but not both.

In 2014, obviously they will make a very attractive offer to Lebron. However, I think Lebron stays in Miami.

In 2015, they will make a very attractive offer to Kevin Love who I think will sign with the Lakers (that seems to be the popular opinion anyway).

and my credibility is bad?

Who's posts are you quoting?

Didn't the Lakers try to do exactly that?

Pretty sure they tried to get Bron and/or Melo.

Tried to get Aldridge.

Tried to get Love.

Tried to Get Whiteside.

There is a big difference between saying they will sign player X and saying I THINK we can get 1 of the 2.

As for missing on Bron staying in Miami/returning to Cavs, 99 out Of every 100 people got that shit wrong.

You, Steven A and Windbag * coughs * Windhorst are the only people I can clearly remember stating early, and often, that he would return to the Cavs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Lloyd‏@JasonLloydABJ
The Christmas meeting between the Cavs and Warriors will be their 18th in the last 24 months. No wonder they don't like each other very much

now THAT will definitely set the stage for a rivarly.

I saw on a website they predict that the chances for a Cavs/Warriors 3rd straight Finals is only 22%....which while i dont agree- is probably closer ot the actual probabiliy then many think- as things can and do go wrong.

No matter what- you need some luck in order to get a championship- and there is a reason why its NEVER in the 60+ year history of the NBA happened---- not even back in the day when there were less teams in the league and certain teams dominated--- the Celtics and Lakers never even played in 3 straight Finals.

I think it will PROBABLY happen but its far from guaranteed at this point....id put it at 50/50 to be honest with you..maybe slightly higher.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Phins winning, we just need the Chiefs to beat the Broncos and we're in the playoffs!

@ChiefsLakers67 , if your team fucks this up then we're no longer friends.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gmafb

Kevin Love was one of the most accomplished players from the elbow in the entire league before coming to Cleveland he was immediately moved out of the paint- ya know why? having a player clog the middle when you have Kyrie Irving and LeBron James is one of the stupidest things you can possibly do.

I have seen PLENTY of old posts of yours startin g in 2013 suggesting that LeBron might consider coming to the Lakers or Melo- - and that Kobe WOULDNT be an obstacle to guys signing in LA- so please- sell crazy somewhere else- we are all st ocked up here- and how they had been saving cap room to sign an elite free agent.....

and after years of clearing cap space they spend a combined 55 million on signing/resigning Luol Deng, Timo Mozgov, Jordan Clarkson and Tarik Black...

you questioning my credibility when you actually GO BACK AND EDIT your dumb posts from years ago to save yourself embarrassment?

wow....get a clue

these are hilarious:

april 13:
That would be one. Lebron is also a free agent right about that time and there are a few others that will be available as well.

Bottom line is that the Lakers will have plenty of options available to them to build a championship team around Dwight!!

Absolutely nothing in this post has anything to do with the post I responded to. Which is another reason that no one takes you seriously about well...anything.

The fact that you couldn't address the actual post shows that you are at least smart enough to know what a stupid post it was. Which means you are an unentertaining troll.

It would be better for you if you were just stupid.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, looking at the numbers, both guys do post some big ones against the Cavs lol. He might have half a leg to stand on as far as them stepping up a bit against Cle. But, he kind of implied that they don't play hard or well against the rest of the league, which is BS.

Maybe they're just better than whoever the Cavs have guarding them? :noidea:

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love was one of the most accomplished players from the elbow in the entire league before coming to Cleveland he was immediately moved out of the paint- ya know why? having a player clog the middle when you have Kyrie Irving and LeBron James is one of the stupidest things you can possibly do.

Kevin Love was moved from the post because of the presence of Mozgov/Tristan. That would have been 2 players in the paint. If the Cavs had Whiteside, but not Tristan (which was the premise of your post) then it would still be 1 guy in the paint and would make the Cavs a better team because of Whiteside's superior offense.

I have seen PLENTY of old posts of yours startin g in 2013 suggesting that LeBron might consider coming to the Lakers or Melo- - and that Kobe WOULDNT be an obstacle to guys signing in LA- so please- sell crazy somewhere else- we are all st ocked up here- and how they had been saving cap room to sign an elite free agent.....

Kobe wasn't an obstacle outside of his injuries. What I addressed in those posts was people thinking it was because of Kobe's attitude. The problem was his injuries. Nice try though.

and after years of clearing cap space they spend a combined 55 million on signing/resigning Luol Deng, Timo Mozgov, Jordan Clarkson and Tarik Black...

Yes they did and everyone except you seems to understand why. Which is another reason no one here takes anything you say seriously.

Finally, there is a big difference between being wrong on an opinion and being an unentertaining troll or stupid.

So once again. Are you an unentertaining troll? Or just stupid?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tried to get Aldridge.

Tried to get Love.

Tried to Get Whiteside.

There is a big difference between saying they will sign player X and saying I THINK we can get 1 of the 2.

As for missing on Bron staying in Miami/returning to Cavs, 99 out Of every 100 people got that shit wrong.

You, Steven A and Windbag * coughs * Windhorst are the only people I can clearly remember stating early, and often, that he would return to the Cavs.

Denzel-Boom.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tried to get Aldridge.

Tried to get Love.

Tried to Get Whiteside.

They were, at least most of them, my posts. Wiggy's upset because I called him out on the stupidity of this post:

hes not a good fit on the Cavs--- the Cavs are trying to win- not amass as many stats as possible.

I take Tristan Thompson- 10 times out of 10 - without Thompson the Cavs defense would fall apart vs. the Warriors- he never complains, always plays, always plays his ass off and is a sure thing- everything Whiteside is not.

So, as usual, instead of responding to the actual post, he has to try and take old posts out of context so he can try to pretend he had a point or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.