• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I think that was the first time ever I heard Tommy admit a Celtics player committed a foul. He must be in the holiday spirit

I think Tommy just gave a "Tommy point" to Russell W. Two "in your face" 3-pointers to Smart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a good point about the better looks Cavs shooters would get w/ an offensive weapon in the post. But that would probably mean the Cavs would be running a different offense where the 5 spot gets more touches per game. I just don't see LeBron or Kyrie wanting to play in an offensive system like that.

Maybe not Kyrie, but Lebron is all about winning and having an offensive weapon in the post, makes that easier. I'd expect/hope that Kyrie would see the value in that as well. Also, their offense wouldn't have to change all that much. It would just mean passing into the post a little more, or when they drive to the hoop, they now would have 3 choices, (shoot, pass out to the perimeter for a 3 or drop it to Whiteside for a dunk) instead of the 2 choices they currently have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not a good fit on the Cavs--- the Cavs are trying to win- not amass as many stats as possible.

I take Tristan Thompson- 10 times out of 10 - without Thompson the Cavs defense would fall apart vs. the Warriors- he never complains, always plays, always plays his ass off and is a sure thing- everything Whiteside is not.

This is the kind of stupid post that makes it impossible to respect your opinion on...well, anything. A post like this shows that you are either just an unentertaining troll or plain stupid. Which is it?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Stats and Information
i

Via the Elias Sports Bureau, the Timberwolves are the first team in NBA history to have 3 players under the age of 22 score 40 points in a game (Andrew Wiggins, Zach LaVine and Karl-Anthony Towns).

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks were losing 108-100 in Denver with 1:43 left and didn't make another FG. They won 109-108. :wtf2:

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only one who took issue with Lebron thinking its his place to say that Jabari and The Greek Freak play harder against the Cavs? Greek freak been probably the 2nd best player in the east this year and Jabari been playing well all season long

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only one who took issue with Lebron thinking its his place to say that Jabari and The Greek Freak play harder against the Cavs? Greek freak been probably the 2nd best player in the east this year and Jabari been playing well all season long

Lebron has an opinion on everything. I think I've just now learned how to ignore him.

The thing to watch out for is when Lebron gets older and is no longer playing the game. Think about how players from the previous generation and how no one could beat them during their time and they had it so much rougher than the current generation. Lebron will likely be that guy.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....don't mean Dookie.
They are 1-3 in those games (all at home)
Only win was against the Lakers back in week 1.

Not sure what direction Thibs wants them to pursue at this point.
Nor do I care.

Actually it does mean something.....it means they have 3 incredibly talented youngsters who just need some time to grow together......and Thibs needs a little more time to get his imprint on the team. It's his first season there. And they could use another veteran to help mentor the kids. This is as talented a Wolves team as they have had in quite some time.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he opens his mouth, I take issue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he opens his mouth, I take issue.

I agree lol. Both are having the best seasons in their young career but he is questioning their effort in the games this season vs the rest of the nba lol

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree lol. Both are having the best seasons in their young career but he is questioning their effort in the games this season vs the rest of the nba lol
Actually, looking at the numbers, both guys do post some big ones against the Cavs lol. He might have half a leg to stand on as far as them stepping up a bit against Cle. But, he kind of implied that they don't play hard or well against the rest of the league, which is BS.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of stupid post that makes it impossible to respect your opinion on...well, anything. A post like this shows that you are either just an unentertaining troll or plain stupid. Which is it?
gmafb

Kevin Love was one of the most accomplished players from the elbow in the entire league before coming to Cleveland he was immediately moved out of the paint- ya know why? having a player clog the middle when you have Kyrie Irving and LeBron James is one of the stupidest things you can possibly do.

I have seen PLENTY of old posts of yours startin g in 2013 suggesting that LeBron might consider coming to the Lakers or Melo- - and that Kobe WOULDNT be an obstacle to guys signing in LA- so please- sell crazy somewhere else- we are all st ocked up here- and how they had been saving cap room to sign an elite free agent.....

and after years of clearing cap space they spend a combined 55 million on signing/resigning Luol Deng, Timo Mozgov, Jordan Clarkson and Tarik Black...

you questioning my credibility when you actually GO BACK AND EDIT your dumb posts from years ago to save yourself embarrassment?

wow....get a clue

these are hilarious:

april 13:
That would be one. Lebron is also a free agent right about that time and there are a few others that will be available as well.

Bottom line is that the Lakers will have plenty of options available to them to build a championship team around Dwight!!

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a very interesting line in the McMenamin story on ESPN---- its not a direct quote- but McMEnamin references it in his article....I am assuming that is where you are getting this from since i do not believe there is an ACTUAL quote from LeBron saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.