• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tech on horford might be the worst one I've seen since Crawford gave onee to Duncan for no reason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical bullshit. When a player's agent meets with a team, it's the same as the player meeting with the team. In virtually every situation, the first meeting is always with the agent and not the player. The agent fields the offer/finds out the plan. If the agent feels it's a good enough offer/plan, that's when the player gets involved.

The sign that a guy doesn't take you seriously or has already made up his mind, is when he won't even let you meet with his agent. Lebron had a list of teams that he was willing to at least let make an offer...the Lakers were one of those teams.

If Lebron's agent felt the Lakers offer was good enough, Lebron would have met with the Lakers personally. Even with the storyline of Lebron returning home, it's unlikely that he was directly involved in the initial meetings with the Cavs. It's possible because of his history with the team. But the most likely scenario was Lebron sending his agent to meet with the Cavs and telling them what he wanted to return and his agent reporting back on whether or not the Cavs would be good with it.

So, the Lakers did exactly what I said they'd do. They presented the most attractive offer they could and hoped it was good enough. It wasn't, so they moved on.

Just admit you were wrong (like you claim you do) and move on.
lol

LeBron never met with the Lakers because he was never going to go there...why would he have even considered them at that point?

He sent his agent to politely tell them to stop sniffing glue

Cmon- you cant possibly think its a serious meeting when THE ACTUAL PLAYER doesnt even bother to show up? Could you ever imagine a major free agent signing occuring in todays NBA without the PLAYER actually talking to ownership- ya think Chris Paul is gonna be like--- naw- its cool- i dont want to meet with anyone- lol.

cmon man....

you guys couldnt even win a battle with Milwaukee over Greg Monroe and you had a shot at LeBron? everyone knows LeBron never considered anywhere that wasnt Miami or Cleveland. At no point in time have the Lakers EVER had the slightest inkling of a chance to ever sign LeBron James.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics go from playing fantastic basketball to some dumb shit down the stretch .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Game has been fun. Good start to the day. Knicks and Boston going at each other.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

LeBron never met with the Lakers because he was never going to go there...why would he have even considered them at that point?

Cmon- you cant possibly think its a serious meeting when THE ACTUAL PLAYER doesnt even bother to show up? Could you ever imagine a major free agent signing occuring in todays NBA without the PLAYER actually talking to ownership- ya think Chris Paul is gonna be like--- naw- its cool- i dont want to meet with anyone- lol.

cmon man....

you guys couldnt even win a battle with Milwaukee over Greg Monroe and you had a shot at LeBron? everyone knows LeBron never considered anywhere that wasnt Miami or Cleveland. At no point in time have the Lakers EVER had the slightest inkling of a chance to ever sign LeBron James.
Not true LBJ said Bulls were close where Wade and LBJ was going to the Bulls but they wanted Bosh and Bulls couldn't add Bosh thats why they picked Miami because could of done all 3.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Christmas burn coming. Celts -2.5. No pt melo 3 at the buzzer coming

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

cmon man....

More bullshit. I explained how the process works.

In pretty much every negotiation, even with the team the player already plays for, the initial meeting is always with the agent. There is simply no way around that fact.

I never once said that Lebron would be a Laker. I said he would listen to an offer and if he felt it was good enough, he'd accept it. The Lakers presented their best offer to his agent, the offer wasn't good enough and both parties moved on.

So again, admit you were wrong (like you claim you do) and move on. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point. But then, that's what you do.

Last edited:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F'n Thomas

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hedged the NY bet with a bigger Boston bet. That was a great start to the day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that u see the match up on the court its a really bad match up for the Cavs. I wouldn't be shocked if this is a blow out or a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.