• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Riley doing something like that-----

Pat Riley is 72 years old. He wants nothing to do with a rebuild- and this would help in the short term.

I'd be shocked. Not because I don't think Riley doesn't want to have anything to do with a rebuild. But because Melo is all wrong for them and the style of play that helped them turn their season around and get into playoff contention.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they cut him because he prob still has his head in his ass- they gave him a chance to prove himself at the Canton Charge and obviously he didnt measure up.

the people who thought he would actually PLAY minutes during a playoff run and the stretch run for the Cavs were dropping bad acid. lol. Signed to replace Bogut LOL.

So after 2 years out of the league, he proved something to them in how many minutes/games?
It goes against everything you've said until today about Sanders.
IF he was brought in to be evaluated for NEXT SEASON, then you would go through the summer stuff and preseason to get a true evaluation.

They need a big NOW who can give some productive minutes.
This guy actually prob makes more sense since he has been playing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Riley doing something like that-----

Pat Riley is 72 years old. He wants nothing to do with a rebuild- and this would help in the short term.

No it wouldn't.
James Johnson is a much more valuable asset.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James, who will have a week’s rest going into what he hopes will be a seventh consecutive postseason that ends with an NBA Finals berth, values health above all else.

“For me, it’s never been about trying to get the No. 1 seed,” he said Sunday. “It’s just trying to play as great of basketball as you can every single night, and whatever happens happens. ... The best thing for our team is, we want to go down the stretch and be healthy. When we’re healthy and put a game plan together, we can compete against anybody in this league.”

If anyone needs evidence supporting James' statement, look no further than last Wednesday. Playing their third game in four days, the Cavs went into Boston and whipped the Celtics 114-91, a game so dominant that even the Cavs’ famously shaky defense looked stellar, holding Boston to 40.7 percent from the field and 21.2 percent from 3.

“We’ve had some rough patches, but we’ve also had some bright spots, and games like the Boston game give us a lot of hope,” Cavs guard Deron Williams said. “That’s the time where we kind of locked in and focused, and you can see it.”

Of course he's going to say that since they blew the 1 seed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, he's been consistent with that mindset throughout his career though.

I agree, if someone else said it, it would sound disingenuous. But he's said it his whole career even when his team has gotten the 1 seed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they should introduce some kind of incentive for guys to play.....when teams that arent even making the playoffs are sitting their guys at the end of the year- for no reason at all- i mean cmon- thats ridiculous.

like you said- does no one have any pride in playing hard and being a spoiler?

if you are preparing for a playoff run- i get it---- there is aLONG offseason a guy like Kemba can recover from.

The counter to that is that players contracts are just for 82 regular season games + preseason.
They don't get paid for playoff games in which the owners make millions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, if someone else said it, it would sound disingenuous. But he's said it his whole career even when his team has gotten the 1 seed.

Yeah you're right. I think the #1 seed is so overrated IMO for a team with playoffs experience. Teams like the Cavs, Warriors, & the Spurs are never concern with HCA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the health at this point is more important, BUT he also wanted the 1 seed this year and thought he had it after beating the Celts.
They totally screwed it up vs the Hawks in those 2 games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're right. I think the #1 seed is so overrated IMO for a team with playoffs experience. Teams like the Cavs, Warriors, & the Spurs are never concern with HCA.
especially against this Boston team. I mean shit.

I cant wait until today is over and the Cavs have their path laid out. This is maybe my favorite time of the year for sports. NBA Playoffs and baseball just starting. Its gonna be a helluva lot of fun.

it just murders my sleep though---- honestly- i love when the Cavs win a close playoff game--- but those games end so late and afterwards you are just so charged up after the win its tough to go right to sleep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how Thompson is doing. Itll be interesting to see how he reacts to some rest like this-----

heres hoping he has some renewed energy and a spring to his step......playoffs are ALMOST HERE!!!! :D:D:D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing about the east is the 1/8 & 2/7 matchups will probably be the best in the first round.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, we have seen his team get the 2 seed a couple times, mainly on the 1st year of the Heat and back on the Cavs but it still is the same mindset and goal in the grand scheme of things. HC is great but they don't need it to beat the C's, the most important thing is playing their best basketball NOW.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with what Lebron said is that it runs counter to what has been going on.

It seems that if the Cavs truly didn't care about the #1 seed, the big 3 would have been sitting since the win over the Celtics. Instead, Lebron, Kyrie and Love played 47, 45 and 42 minutes respectively in an overtime game vs. the Hawks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with what Lebron said is that it runs counter to what has been going on.

It seems that if the Cavs truly didn't care about the #1 seed, the big 3 would have been sitting since the win over the Celtics. Instead, Lebron, Kyrie and Love played 47, 45 and 42 minutes respectively in an overtime game vs. the Hawks.
ehhh- yes and no

i think rest would have been nice- but i also think not playing ANY games for well over a week before ap layoff game is risking some rust too--- this way they will have about a week off- which seems about right.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you, but there's a difference between not having the seeding as your primary focus, and going for an opportunity in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.