• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh- yes and no

i think rest would have been nice- but i also think not playing ANY games for well over a week before ap layoff game is risking some rust too--- this way they will have about a week off- which seems about right.

True. On the other, Lebron has had to play an awful lot of minutes this season and the Cavs shouldn't have a problem shaking off the rust in the first round.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but there's a difference between not having the seeding as your primary focus, and going for an opportunity in front of you.

I disagree. Not saying that seeding was the primary focus, but it certainly seems to be more important than Lebron is trying to say.

We've been told all season long that rest was paramount for this team. So why risk injury or just plain ol' fatigue later in the playoffs trying to chase an opportunity that supposedly doesn't mean anything?

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I switched over to Undisputed when Skip left, since Shannon Sharpe brings a much better mix with Skip.

I've only seen First Take a couple times since then, and it's gone downhill. Who knew? Skip Bayless actually brought credibility and quality to that show. Odd.
I can't stand that gay * I think * Republican Dude, Stephen A and his angry black man routine and Max with his white guilt.

But, Molly is cool.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so....the Heat need either the Pacers to lose to the Hawks (who have nothing to play for), or the Bulls to lose to the Nets.

if all 3 teams win- the Heat will miss the playoffs and have the LAST slot in the 14 team lotto. lol....now that would crack me up.

That's what's going to happen.
As far as the 14 seed, whatever.
Look at any and every draft then let me know when the best players are all drafted in order.

This years ROY candidates are???
Drafted where?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i HIGHLY doubt it- doesnt seem like there is any appetite for it from the CAvs unless they got a couple more additional pieces.
If LeBron wishes it?

You can't honestly believe they are bringing back that roster if they don't win?

Don't misunderstand...

Melo is NOT a upgrade.

But, LeBron might think he is.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what's going to happen.
As far as the 14 seed, whatever.
Look at any and every draft then let me know when the best players are all drafted in order.

This years ROY candidates are???
Drafted where?
The winner might be a 2nd rounder....lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better?

Nobody.

That's why I rarely criticize teams for how much they pay a player. Different teams have different needs. They need a point guard and Lowry is not only pretty darn good, he's the best guy available to them. So, for them, if he wants a max or close to max deal, it seems they don't really have much choice but to pay him.

Having said that, they should also not panic and just throw a max or near max deal at him before finding out what other teams might offer. No reason to throw $28 million or whatever he's eligible for if no one else will go above $18-$20 million per.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand that gay * I think * Republican Dude, Stephen A and his angry black man routine and Max with his white guilt.

But, Molly is cool.

I think you're talking about Will Cain. And I agree, dude's a cuck.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous.

I Want to know why Lavar Ball isn't getting a ton of shit.

Yeah, he said that Romo is getting more love than he deserves given his resume' because he's white. He also said that there have been no black athletes with similar resume's who have received the love/hype that Romo has.

Someone else mentioned Tony Gwynn (I immediately thought of Barry Sanders) and he tried to move the goal posts. lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors and Blazers should at least be an exciting matchup to watch. Dame is playing the best ball of the year right now. The key for a semi-competitive series though will be if Nurkic is healthy enough to play.

Hard to use the S word for the series, but I think 5 games should do it. That's assuming that the Warriors continue their phenomenal defensive effort.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really it means they play ECF games 1 and 2 on the road?

it MIGHT mean that- it certainly doesnt mean it for sure
LeBron has been on Teams that weren't the #1 seed. But, still won a Championship.

They could finish fourth and it wouldn't matter.

As flawed as they are, nobody in the East will beat them.

With that being said, matchup are everything. So, I can see them losing a few extra games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors and Blazers should at least be an exciting matchup to watch. Dame is playing the best ball of the year right now. The key for a semi-competitive series though will be if Nurkic is healthy enough to play.

Hard to use the S word for the series, but I think 5 games should do it. That's assuming that the Warriors continue their phenomenal defensive effort.
No Nurkic, Dubs in 4.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he said that Romo is getting more love than he deserves given his resume' because he's white. He also said that there have been no black athletes with similar resume's who have received the love/hype that Romo has.

Someone else mentioned Tony Gwynn (I immediately thought of Barry Sanders) and he tried to move the goal posts. lol

Mike Vick, pre-dog scandal. Dude was everywhere in the media. Didn't win much, but he got tons of recognition.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I can't wait for tomorrow

either my AV and title is going to be a combo of

Heat in 6 and

dion-waiters-sinks-shot-at-buzzer-plunges-his-own-reality-into-hearts-of-golden-state-1485270130.jpeg

Or

Juice in 7 and this

500x1000px-LL-ee8b43f1_is-lebron-james-on-steroids-3.jpeg

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Nets are resting players now? :tsk:

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, he's a fucking troll, he knows that race baiting sells.

Jamele Hill and Michael Faggot have a whole Sportscenter show because of it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, he's a fucking troll, he knows that race baiting sells.

Jamele Hill and Michael Faggot have a whole Sportscenter show because of it.

Yeah, his angry black man schtick got him noticed and was somewhat entertaining (and even accurate to a point) at the time. But now he's just a one trick pony and his trick has gotten old.

Status
Not open for further replies.