• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Hawks players traveled so let's see who plays tonight.

Man Charlotte really fucked us over. Milwaukee did not bring any of their top players to Boston. All we would have needed was a win tonight had Charlotte played their guys and defeated Milwaukee on Monday.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks starters didn't even travel and Celtics are playing everyone... Celtics at 1 / Cavs at 2 looks like a virtual lock at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man Charlotte really fucked us over. Milwaukee did not bring any of their top players to Boston. All we would have needed was a win tonight had Charlotte played their guys and defeated Milwaukee on Monday.
i think they should introduce some kind of incentive for guys to play.....when teams that arent even making the playoffs are sitting their guys at the end of the year- for no reason at all- i mean cmon- thats ridiculous.

like you said- does no one have any pride in playing hard and being a spoiler?

if you are preparing for a playoff run- i get it---- there is aLONG offseason a guy like Kemba can recover from.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really hoping that turns into a good game. Its on ESPN and is starting to look like our only shot at an interesting game tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are signing a C from the Raptors D league team. Larry Sanders must be pretty bad.
I heard taht he just didnt have his head in the game and didnt work hard--- that they liked his athleticism and potential- but he just doesnt have it in him to be a professional basketball player at the highest level.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they should introduce some kind of incentive for guys to play.....when teams that arent even making the playoffs are sitting their guys at the end of the year- for no reason at all- i mean cmon- thats ridiculous.

if you are preparing for a playoff run- i get it---- there is aLONG offseason a guy like Kemba can recover from.

I was literally in the middle of posting the same thing.

Some sort of $$ bonus from the league for teams that get wins in the spoiler role could do wonders for the entertainment value of these last couple games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard taht he just didnt have his head in the game and didnt work hard--- that they liked his athleticism and potential- but he just doesnt have it in him to be a professional basketball player at the highest level.

Yeah, that was my guess. He must just not be taking this seriously.. which isn't a huge surprise, but definitely disappointing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are Toronto, would you pay Lowry?

I just...can't.

But, after the Conley and Derozan deals, they kinda have too.

Mike is a quality guy and good manager of the game.

But, 28 mil per?

anigif_enhanced-8964-1418844907-2.gif

The problem is, if they let him walk, who can they get that's better?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was my guess. He must just not be taking this seriously.. which isn't a huge surprise, but definitely disappointing.
I mean- it also could mean they are more worried about Thompson then they are letting on and needed a guy who can at least be a warm boddy on to come off the bench and they just didnt think Sanders was ready for it.

Im kinda surprised they didnt bring in Varejao instead of this guy. I would have brought in Andy- even if he is mostly cooked---- he is a pro- and has played with KI and LeBron before and hes played this season. I think they should have brought in him. But we shall see.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it's a joke. These guys are resting for what? If this is the route teams are going then as I said last night, NBA need to do flex scheduling for the final two weeks of the year. This took out all the fun of tonight

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This took out all the fun of tonight

Which affects tv ratings which affects the negotiations the next time the NBA gets accross the table from the networks.

The NBA would only be helping themselves by finding a solution.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they should introduce some kind of incentive for guys to play.

Problem is...what incentive? The only one I can think of is financial and these guys are being paid millions of dollars already. Even if they used a "team incentive" what would it be? Extra draft choice?

when teams that arent even making the playoffs are sitting their guys at the end of the year- for no reason at all- i mean cmon- thats ridiculous.

This is what's truly ridiculous. I get playoff teams resting their guys once playoff position is secured. Who wants to risk potentially losing a key player in a meaningless game? But for non-playoff teams (many of whom have young players who need all the playing time they can get) to be doing it is ridiculous. What are they doing? Practicing how to rest for when they do make the playoffs?

Folks have criticized the Lakers for winning games here at the end...but at least they're playing their guys. Maybe the basketball gods will reward them with the #1 pick? lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers took a look at him, if memory serves, about a week or 2 before the Cavs signed him. I heard they were intrigued by his athleticism as well, but never heard why they didn't sign him. I'm guessing I have the answer now. Can't have a guy who doesn't care influencing the kids.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bit about why the Cavs want Tavares makes me even more convinced that their issue with Sanders was his interest in the game:

"The Cavs especially like [Tavares'] reputation as someone who has fallen in love with the game, someone who works to improve. Some 7-footers play basketball simply because they’re tall and it brings them a paycheck. Tavares is said to be the opposite of that. He is said to be passionate."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you say Heat fans?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James, who will have a week’s rest going into what he hopes will be a seventh consecutive postseason that ends with an NBA Finals berth, values health above all else.

“For me, it’s never been about trying to get the No. 1 seed,” he said Sunday. “It’s just trying to play as great of basketball as you can every single night, and whatever happens happens. ... The best thing for our team is, we want to go down the stretch and be healthy. When we’re healthy and put a game plan together, we can compete against anybody in this league.”

If anyone needs evidence supporting James' statement, look no further than last Wednesday. Playing their third game in four days, the Cavs went into Boston and whipped the Celtics 114-91, a game so dominant that even the Cavs’ famously shaky defense looked stellar, holding Boston to 40.7 percent from the field and 21.2 percent from 3.

“We’ve had some rough patches, but we’ve also had some bright spots, and games like the Boston game give us a lot of hope,” Cavs guard Deron Williams said. “That’s the time where we kind of locked in and focused, and you can see it.”

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to turn off ESPN. Stephen A. trying to bring race into the Mavs letting Tony Romo participate in shootaround and pre-game warmups.

Status
Not open for further replies.