• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- thats what science says.....of course-if you are the kind of guy that denies science- i dont know what to tell you--- global warming is a farce perpetuated by the Chinese too right? lol.

ok, roll with that. science is great. so's history...

how many non-injury years has Kyrie played in his life...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, roll with that. science is great. so's history...

how many non-injury years has Kyrie played in his life...?
Kyrie is a PRIME example

when did he suffer his most serious injury?--- when he was fatigued and couldnt rest in the playoffs and was compensating because of other injury issues. Thats when the risk of injury is at its highest- when you are tired, and are compensating with other injury issues (which lets be honest- no one in the NBA is 100% by the time the playoffs roll around).

he is the exact type of guy that you want to get in a program like this early- so he has a long and productive prime.

I look at a guy like Austin Carr for the Cavs- who had a shortened career- the article I just quoted about Bernard King--- so many guys that had careers and primes shortened because of injuries that might have been avoidable if common sense ruled.

To repeat myself--- as Ben Franklin said- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure

to me its a no brainer--- id much rather have a guy sit out the most strenous games- the games where they are playing 4 times in 5 nights or 6 times in 9 nights- on long road trips--- those 6-7 games a year where the injury risk goes through the roof---- beause id much rather err on the side of caution- and have a guy sit out 6-7 game a year- then have a guy miss weeks or months- or even an entire season - or even worse- suffer an injury like a torn achilees that is practically impossible to ever come back from 100%.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Lavar Ball guy, a nobody, said he would kill MJ one-on-one when he was in his prime :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Lavar Ball guy, a nobody, said he would kill MJ one-on-one when he was in his prime :pound:
at this point he is hurting his kids draft stock.

I gotta think if you have him ranked similar to other prospects- and both are on the board- you take the guy without the insane dad that will bring a bunch of baggage.

I mean- i cant imagine what this guy might say if he doesnt agree with how his son is being played, how many minutes, at what position. etc...

imagine being a GM and having to answer questions about a 20 year old players dad lobbying for him to get more playing time or something , lol...woudlnt you rather just not have to deal with it and take a guy with less baggage?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotta think if you have him ranked similar to other prospects- and both are on the board- you take the guy without the insane dad that will bring a bunch of baggage.

I mean- i cant imagine what this guy might say if he doesnt agree with how his son is being played, how many minutes, at what position. etc...

imagine being a GM and having to answer questions about a 20 year old players dad lobbying for him to get more playing time or something , lol...woudlnt you rather just not have to deal with it and take a guy with less baggage?

He's not hurting his stock at all. His kid will be one of the top 3 selected. His stock is just fine

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say hurting his kids draft stock but putting pressure on them. I mean the stuff he is saying is just outrageous. Maybe they are used to him saying these things but it just seems pointless to me, let your kids live their life without you comparing them to all-time greats.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say hurting his kids draft stock but putting pressure on them. I mean the stuff he is saying is just outrageous. Maybe they are used to him saying these things but it just seems pointless to me, let your kids live their life without you comparing them to all-time greats.
i just think that if you have 2 guys who are similarly rated- at this point- the tiebreaker would be- you dont want to deal with the baggage that comes with his dads big mouth. Now is he gonna fall precipitously? no- course not--- but if he has a similar rating to another guy could it potentially be a tie breaker? i definitely thin kso.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think that if you have 2 guys who are similarly rated- at this point- the tiebreaker would be- you dont want to deal with the baggage that comes with his dads big mouth. Now is he gonna fall precipitously? no- course not--- but if he has a similar rating to another guy could it potentially be a tie breaker? i definitely thin kso.

Um you're wrong.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

15 ppg on 56% from the field and 42% from 3, that's unprecedented in college, he's going top 3 even if his dad fucks every GM in the leagues daughter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 ppg on 56% from the field and 42% from 3, that's unprecedented in college, he's going top 3 even if his dad fucks every GM in the leagues daughter.
yah i dont think he drops behind anyone that he is distinctly rated higher than as i said- but if its equal- i can see it being a tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.