• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but back when the Heat were competing for titles, I did not care about the big 3 resting until April. I was not expecting them to rest in January, February, March.
maybe if they would have Dwade would have had a little more left in the tank for the series they lost against the Spurs where he shit the bed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you wanted the big 3 to rest before it was announced on Saturday? If I asked you on Friday night if you wanted to see those 3 rest for the game on Saturday then your answer would have been yes?

I mean, I don't necessarily have specific confidence in "they should rest this game", "they shouldn't rest this game". I don't know enough about their schedule or their health to weigh in on that game-to-game.

But my answer to "Should the Cavs coaching and medical staffs use the information they have to strategically rest the Cavs big 3 periodically to improve their chances at health for the playoffs"... its a very easy "Yes" from me.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but back when the Heat were competing for titles, I did not care about the big 3 resting until April. I was not expecting them to rest in January, February, March.

my thought on it as of today is that now you've gotta draw a line somewhere. when it's gone this far it's gotten outta hand. just like flopping a little while back...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if they would have Dwade would have had a little more left in the tank for the series they lost against the Spurs where he shit the bed.

He played 54 out of the 82 games that year you stupid fuck. How many regular season games should he have played? 10?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I don't necessarily have specific confidence in "they should rest this game", "they shouldn't rest this game". I don't know enough about their schedule or their health to weigh in on that game-to-game.

But my answer to "Should the Cavs coaching and medical staffs use the information they have to strategically rest the Cavs big 3 periodically to improve their chances at health for the playoffs"... its a very easy "Yes" from me.
exactly- if there analysis says- we have a better chance of winning a title if we rest these guys--- and its inside the league rules- then why is there even a debate?

if the league wants to change the rules- then cool- let them- until then- the CAvs will be doing everything in their power to try and win another title while operating inside the rules.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 54 out of the 82 games that year you stupid fuck. How many regular season games should he have played? 10?
less.

maybe if he hadnt been run into the ground for years - and had rested on the 2nd night of back to backs when he was 24 years old- he would have more left in the tank- he wouldnt have so many injuries that have compiled over the years. Personally- I think its smart to take a long term outlook with your most valuable assets- maybe you dont- if not- hey- more power to you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less.

maybe if he hadnt been run into the ground for years - and had rested on the 2nd night of back to backs when he was 24 years old- he would have more left in the tank- he wouldnt have so many injuries that have compiled over the years. Personally- I think its smart to take a long term outlook with your most valuable assets- maybe you dont- if not- hey- more power to you.

He wasn't run into the ground by Miami. Do you even know what you're talking about. You sound the retard that you are.

You do realize his injuries began in College right. Please do some research before you run your mouth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't run into the ground by Miami. Do you even know what you're talking about. You sound the retard that you are.

You do realize his injuries began in College right. Please do some research before you run your mouth.
yah--- when he took a short term out look i ncollege too- having his meniscus removed- while it had a shorter recovery time- hurt him in the long term- its the exact thing i am talking about. Taking a long term approach to player health.

As Ben Franking most famously said- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. ID rather have a guy sit out 4-5 games a season when they are most fatigued in order to stave off the worst chance of injury---- then play a guy every single night until they break down have have to sit out for weeks - or even months.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah it was a Miami Heat thing right? Go play in traffic

Wade: College surgery is root of knee pain
yahi know exactly what happened- he decided to have his meniscus removed instead of repaired--- while removal has a much shorter recovery time- its bad long term--- even MORE reason to treat him more carefully during his younger years of his NBA career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Ben Franking most famously said- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. ID rather have a guy sit out 4-5 games a season when they are most fatigued in order to stave off the worst chance of injury---- then play a guy every single night until they break down have have to sit out for weeks - or even months.

1) I'll take D-Wade word above yours everytime.

2) Tell me the # of times in his now 14 year career did he even play 76+ games in a season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I'll take D-Wade word above yours everytime.

2) Tell me the # of times in his now 14 year career did he even play 76+ games in a season.
he couldnt play 76 games because he was always hurt! lol....its EXACTLY what i am saying.

Kyrie IRving will benefit not only this year- but for YEARS to come from not overexerting him when the risk of injury is at levels that are many times what they would be when he is fully rested.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he couldnt play 76 games because he was always hurt! lol....its EXACTLY what i am saying.

Kyrie IRving will benefit not only this year- but for YEARS to come from not overexerting him when the risk of injury is at levels that are many times what they would be when he is fully rested.

that dude's ALWAYS hurt anyhow...

you really think resting him's gonna make a difference...?:rofl:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that dude's ALWAYS hurt anyhow...

you really think resting him's gonna make a difference...?:rofl:
I mean- thats what science says.....of course-if you are the kind of guy that denies science- i dont know what to tell you--- global warming is a farce perpetuated by the Chinese too right? lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite backlash, resting stars still right for NBA teams

great article:

But this brings to mind a conversation with former Knicks and Bullets great Bernard King. Back in 2013, when King was being inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame, he was asked the usual question about what might have been. As outstanding a scorer as King was, he is equally known for the ACL tear that sidetracked his career at its peak, in 1985, and his subsequent remarkable return from an injury that once routinely laid NBA careers to rest. King called it, “my legacy.”

“If we knew then what we know now as far as rest and taking care of your body,” King said, “who knows, that might not have happened.”

Teams like the Cavaliers and Warriors are simply taking the data compiled by their staffs and by the NBA’s own biometrics programs and carrying it out to its logical conclusion—even if it means pulling big-name players out of televised games.

“We have data showing that pulling a guy off a road trip and having him just stay home has all these benefits,” one general manager told Sporting News. “I mean, the league itself has looked at this, all the teams have looked at it. If you don’t bring him and he is able to stay home and get a couple of days of normal sleep, it has all these benefits. He doesn’t get hurt as much, you can reset his fatigue level, all that. If you go around and tell everyone around the league that, you can’t get upset when teams go out and act on the information you give them. It’s hypocritical.”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest has benefits to players, as the league has been telling teams for years. Considering the money teams invest in those players, their health and well-being is the priority. There might be some black eyes when stars miss big games, but if the choice is between a metaphorical black eye to the league and a very real ACL tear to an All-Star, the black eye is still the clear choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.