• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason thread...

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my scenario...

Eagles trade 1 (20) & QB Foles to Bears for 1(7)

Eagles 1(20) = 850 pts
Eagles QB Foles = 650 pts (late 1st value.)
Eagles total = 1500

Bears 1(7) = 1500
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then Eagles trade 1(7), DE Curry & 2016 #1 & #2 to Bucs for 1(1)

Eagles1(7) = 1500 pts
Eagles DE Curry = 550 pts (high 2nd value. Young pass rushers are in demand)
Eagles 2016 #1 = 600
Eagles 2016 #2 = 300
Eagles total = 3000

Bucs 1(1) = 3000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Eagles - QB Mariota
2. Titans - DL L.Williams
3. Jags - DE/OLB Gregory
4. Raiders - WR Cooper
5. Skins - OT Stanley
6. Jets - DE/OLB - S.Ray
7. Bucs - QB Winston - Will almost definitely slide a bit due to character issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just assume that the Bucs have Mariota and Winston 1 and 1a ... They HAVE to come out of this draft with one or the other. You can not chance trading out of the top spot and have a team in the 8-12 area trade up with the Titans and snag Winston or Mariota at #2. When your biggest need is QB and you have 2 possible franchise ones available (then a big drop off) ... you can't trade down past the 2 spot.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat I think you have blinders on. Your desire to get Mariota is at the detriment of the Eagles. You are focused on one player that you cannot guarantee Mariota will be a stud. In fact in this very thread you asked if I could guarantee if keeping Foles and Curry would increase wins. Yet, in your last post you are making an assumption that Winston would fall to the Bears. Can you make that guarantee?

I also think you are putting too high a value on Foles based on your impression of him. You seem to want him gone bad them put 1st round value on him. The Niners traded Alex Smith for a second round pick and a conditional pick (I think that turned into a second round pick). He was a former #1 pick and while he may not have panned out in SF he is probably the closest in value when comparing. What makes you think that people will give Foles a first round grade for a trade? His completion percentage was 59%. He threw 13 TD's and 10 interceptions. So I am not sure where you get his value from. Then you have us giving up Curry who I thought had a really good year and will be needed in the future.

Now say the Eagles make this trade (a pipe dream to be honest) what would you do address the other needs on this team. You are given up a lot for something that is not the teams biggest need. You did see how big the secondary was this year right?

So tell me swat.....after your trade is done how will you address the Eagles needs?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat I think you have blinders on. Your desire to get Mariota is at the detriment of the Eagles. You are focused on one player that you cannot guarantee Mariota will be a stud. In fact in this very thread you asked if I could guarantee if keeping Foles and Curry would increase wins. Yet, in your last post you are making an assumption that Winston would fall to the Bears. Can you make that guarantee?

I also think you are putting too high a value on Foles based on your impression of him. You seem to want him gone bad them put 1st round value on him. The Niners traded Alex Smith for a second round pick and a conditional pick (I think that turned into a second round pick). He was a former #1 pick and while he may not have panned out in SF he is probably the closest in value when comparing. What makes you think that people will give Foles a first round grade for a trade? His completion percentage was 59%. He threw 13 TD's and 10 interceptions. So I am not sure where you get his value from. Then you have us giving up Curry who I thought had a really good year and will be needed in the future.

Now say the Eagles make this trade (a pipe dream to be honest) what would you do address the other needs on this team. You are given up a lot for something that is not the teams biggest need. You did see how big the secondary was this year right?

So tell me swat.....after your trade is done how will you address the Eagles needs?

Ive said it many times...

Sign CB Maxwell & OG Iupati or Wisniewski. I would do that anyway.
In the draft, we'll have our whole allotment.

1. QB Mariota
2. CB J.Collins
3. CB/S Ekpre-Olomu
4. OG
4. WR

Or something to that effect.

Id also be hoping we can get a vet ILB in Free Agency.

Big difference would be we wouldnt have our #1 and #2 in 2016.

As far as Foles vs A.SMith. Foles had a monster year that Smith never had. We got a 2nd rounder for Kevin Kolb dude.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Im crazy. But I'm gonna keep hope alive for Mariota until it doesnt happen. I dont mind being alone on the Mariota bandwagon. Whether its unlikely or not. I WANT IT TO HAPPEN and I do think it is possible. Probable? Probably not but possible? Yea.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just assume that the Bucs have Mariota and Winston 1 and 1a ... They HAVE to come out of this draft with one or the other. You can not chance trading out of the top spot and have a team in the 8-12 area trade up with the Titans and snag Winston or Mariota at #2. When your biggest need is QB and you have 2 possible franchise ones available (then a big drop off) ... you can't trade down past the 2 spot.

Yea, Ive thought about that.

I think TB would keep the #1 pick & select Mariota. We wait till #7 pick is on clock (with Winston there) & then trade Foles to BEars. Then trade becomes complete since Winston dropped to #7.Which I think will happen.

Similar to what SD did when they drafted Eli & made sure Rivers made it to NYG.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears would want Winston for themselves more than Foles and the 20th pick in that situation. Winston has his baggage, but he has better tools and arm than Foles. The kid also has ice water in his veins ... he had to rally that team almost on a weekly basis. I can't wait to watch that FSU / Oregon game on Thursday.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Im crazy. But I'm gonna keep hope alive for Mariota until it doesnt happen. I dont mind being alone on the Mariota bandwagon. Whether its unlikely or not. I WANT IT TO HAPPEN and I do think it is possible. Probable? Probably not but possible? Yea.

You are not alone on the Mariota bandwagon. I would love to have him as an Eagle. I am not willing to mortgage to future for a possibiliity.

Take a look at this draft history. I left out 2013 and 2014 on purpose because it would not be fair to the players.

First round QB’s
2000 - Pennington (18th)
2001 - Vick (1st)
2002 – Carr (1st), Harrington (3rd), Ramsey (32nd)
2003 – Palmer (1st), Leftwich (7th), Boller (19th), Grossman (22nd)
2004 – Manning (1st), Rivers (4th), Roethlesberger (11th), Losman (22nd)
2005 – Smith (1st), Rodgers (24th), Campbell (25th)
2006 – Young (3rd), Leinert (10th), Cutler (11th)
2007 – Russell (1st), Quinn (22nd)
2008 – Ryan (3rd), Flacco (18th)
2009 – Stafford (1st), Sanches (5th), Freeman (17th)
2010 – Bradford (1st), Tebow (22nd)
2011 – Newton (1st), Locker (8th), Gabbert (10th), Ponder (12th)
2012 – Luck (1st), RGIII, 2nd), Tannehill (8th), Weedon (22nd)

After 1st round
2000 - Brady (6th round)
2001 - Brees (2nd Round)
2004 - Schaub (3rd round)
2005 - Cassell (7th round), Fitzpatrick (7th round)
2011 – Dalton (2nd Round), Kaepernick (2nd round)
2012 – Wilson (3rd round), Foles (3rd Round)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. CB J.Collins
3. CB/S Ekpre-Olomu

Based on what I am reading neither of these players will make it to us in the 2nd round. I am pretty certain that Ekpre-Olomu will not be there. Collins draft stock seems to be rising.

Big difference would be we wouldnt have our #1 and #2 in 2016.

This is where the biggest problem is. The price is too high. We cannot afford to lose our first two pick in 2016. Mariota is not even graded high enough to warrant the kind of monster deal.

As far as Foles vs A.SMith. Foles had a monster year that Smith never had. We got a 2nd rounder for Kevin Kolb dude.

Yup we did get a 2nd for Kolb and DRC as well. I though the Cards were idiots for making the trade then and still think so now.

Can't go to a team and say I want to trade you Foles but want you to ignore his 2014 performance.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting to trade Foles, 25, is insane. The stats tell the story. In 2013 he played in 13 games, was 203 for 317, 64%, 2,891 yards, 9.12 avg, 27 TDs, 2 int, 2 fum, 119 rating. This year he regressed and also broke his collarbone. But the Eagles offensive line also regressed. Sanchez, 28, is an adequate backup but his overall rating after five years is 74 due to his turnovers (80 interceptions, 30 fumbles). I'd like to see Barkley more. If we can't win with this trio, we're screwed.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta face reality - Mariota will not be an Eagle. We'd have to give up FAR too much to even get the bucs to just think about it. We can't force the issue here - if we have the chance to get a franchise guy that Chip likes for a realistic price, then I'm all for it. Though I would not be upset to have another good draft, maybe get a QB in the middle rounds if we don't get one early, and let Foles have one more shot at this. He's only in his 3rd year and he's showed glimpses have high play. I'm not sold on him, though I haven't soured on the idea that he could be a more than capable QB until we find "Chip's guy" in the draft - for a reasonable cost of course *cough* not Mariota *cough*

I love Mariota as much as the next guy but I'm not giving up the farm for him. RG3 was looked at as an elite QB prospect, not just a running QB, a QB who could pass AND run. He was supposed to be a great humble kid with an outstanding work ethic and IQ on and off the field. He was one of my favorite prospects at QB that I had seen. If Luck wasn't in that draft, RG3 would easily been the #1 pick. Now that RG3 looks like he's fallen on his face, everyone wants to say that he was just a good prospect. That he actually wasn't that good of a passer in college, and son on. Point being - during draft time RG3 was looked as a can't miss stud with elite physical tools and a great head on his shoulders. I don't know what the hell happened but so far that has turned into a huge bust for the redskins and has set that team back a long long time. Not saying the same will hold true for Mariota, but you don't give up the farm for 1 player -- even if that player hits the rest of your team will struggle, and well if you don't hit…..good luck rebuilding any time soon.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cant get Mariota, Id be really looking at ILBs high in this draft.

Perryman looks like a badass.

If we could add MAxwell & Iupati or Wisniewski in Free Agency. Then in the draft add... ILB Perryman, CB J.Collins & CB/S IEO from Oregon...Id be jumping for joy. It may not be dominant in 2015 but watch out in '16.

One way or the other, we will need a young ILB to take over for Ryans.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cant get Mariota, Id be really looking at ILBs high in this draft.

Perryman looks like a badass.

If we could add MAxwell & Iupati or Wisniewski in Free Agency. Then in the draft add... ILB Perryman, CB J.Collins & CB/S IEO from Oregon...Id be jumping for joy. It may not be dominant in 2015 but watch out in '16.

One way or the other, we will need a young ILB to take over for Ryans.

I like Perryman but the one inside backer I really like is Kendricks brother Eric from UCLA. I actually think Eric might be a slightly better pro than Michael. I also would love to get Josh Hull from PSU in the 4th round, he is a tackling machine.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks in rd 2, OK, but my top ILB's are Thompson;McKinney; Perryman; and then Kendricks, in that order.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Kendricks is a flat out stud and Should be our replacement for DeMeco. Tackling machine who lead the Pac-12 in tackles his sophomore and junior years. Decent man cover guy. 6' 230.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After preliminary draft "scouting"...Im looking at these guys as of right now as fits & possible targets come draft day. Any of you college guys care to give me your opinions on any them?

1st Round
QB - Marcus Mariota Oregon 6'4 215
ILB - Shaq Thompson Wash 6'2 231
OG/T - La'el Collins LSU 6'5 321
QB - Brett Hundley UCLA 6'3 227

2nd Round
CB - Jalen Collins LSU 6'1 195
CB - Kevin Johnson Wake Forest 6'0 175
S - Derron Smith Fresno St. 5'11 197
ILB - Denzel Perryman Miami 5'11 242
OG/C - Hroniss Grasu Oregon 6'3 297
OG/C - Cameron Irving FSU 6'5 308