• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason thread...

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles had a rough year to say the least. I think any QB with a line built up of 3rd and 4th stringer is going to struggle. I have no problem going into next year with Foles if we focus on areas of need. We need to fix our DB's, add depth at LB and the OL.

We are still pretty young at the skill positions on offense so if we have to get a QB it can wait for next year. Folks is not the 27-2 guy or is he the guy we saw this year. My guess is he is somewhere in the middle and I am ok with that. He is a competitor and those type of players are hard to find. Those are the guys that will us down the field in the 4th quarter and win games. I think Foles is that kind of guy and he gets one more year to prove it.

I am as upset as anyone that we are out of the playoffs but this was just year two of our rebuilding. Sanchez was a good back up QB and not many teams will do as well as we did playing the back up the last half of the season.

We got screwed by injuries this year.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only hope to get Mariota is trading up from 20th into top 5. Raiders may be best option. Then trading that pick to TB. Who knows, maybe the Bucs will be willing to trade down to #5 to select Winston. He is a God in Fla.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up with Bears is also possible.

Trade 20 + Foles to Bears for #7. They need a vet QB.
Trade 7 + 1, 2 next year + Curry to Tampa for #7. They pick Winston + get starting DE & extra 1 & 2 next year.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade 7 + 1, 2 next year + Curry to Tampa for #7. They pick Winston + get starting DE & extra 1 & 2 next year.

Swat do you really believe in this? Come on man, you are going to deal away all of that for a chance that Mariota is going to be a stud? I really hope we don't have to listen to this all offseason. Mariota is going to be a Tampa Bay Buch there is nothing the Eagles can do to make that change.

I am all for getting another QB to compete with Foles, but look at what this team did this year with Foles being off and Sanchez being well a backup QB. They can score points with just about anyone. The major need on this team is the defensive secondary. In all six games they lost the secondary was putrid. Hell they made Eli Manning look like his brother today. Despite the fact that he should have thrown at least 5 ints.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't be serious with this. This really is stupid trade to even consider. Makes the Eagles a lot worse and does not improve a single position....not even QB because you can't guarantee Mariota will be a good QB anyway.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frankly, I think this is utter stupidity, but if we were to do this, how do we get to fill the following holes on the team, without immediately opening new ones?

1. CB
2. CB
3. RG
4. ILB
5. S (and arguably this should be 3 or 4 on the list)
6. CB

If Cole and or Graham are to leave, this also means OLB will be added to the list, and if we trade Curry away, we also need a DE.

So that would leave:

7. OLB
8. DE.

These would ALL be positions in need THIS SEASON of replacement of not serious upgrades. Due to you trading away two season worth of top picks, we have little chance of replacing them with draft picks. Which leaves free agency, or on other words, break the bank for a new secondary. Which means that we have NO chance or resigning either our D-line or Maclin. Which means WR becomes a need, and in two seasons the D-line as well. At a time when we MUST invest heavily in the O-line, simply because of its age.

And if Mariota (since that is who you are doing this for) is not the next coming of Aaron Rodgers - who might not survive in the mess you created - we have instantly relegated ourselves to Redskins or Titans putridity...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with Brady being 37 does it. :rollseyes:
Hey Genius, they already used a 3rd rd pick on Bradys eventual replacement in Ryan Mallett. so CLEARLY they thought extremely high of Tony Garoppolo, so much so they traded Mallett before they really saw Tony Garoppolo play.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious with this. This really is stupid trade to even consider. Makes the Eagles a lot worse and does not improve a single position....not even QB because you can't guarantee Mariota will be a good QB anyway.

Can u gurantee me keeping foles, curry, #20 and our first 2 picks next year will yield us a better record in 2015?

Nope. Foles is injury prone as well. So id think its more likely my trade makes us better in 2015..given Foles propensity to get hurt & Sanchezs propensity to turn it over.

Chip O works in the Nfl..his QB will too ..if he can get him.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can complete the trades I proposed..we would have our entire draft and plenty of money to sign who we want.

Losing Foles & Curry wont mean much.

Yea..we lose our first 2 picks in 2016. Oh well...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea..we lose our first 2 picks in 2016. Oh well...

And that is what makes your trade so stupid. We have too many holes. How are we going to fill the holes that Dutch mentioned in his post? Surely if you are going to suggest such a lopsided traded you have a plan to address all the holes we need plus the additional holes you create.

and FYI....most top 5 QB's drafted end up being busts IIRC.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in time moving on from Foles would only set the program back. Foles is here to stay so Chip needs to build a defense, improve the OLine and adjust his coaching. Do these things and we have a contender.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is what makes your trade so stupid. We have too many holes. How are we going to fill the holes that Dutch mentioned in his post? Surely if you are going to suggest such a lopsided traded you have a plan to address all the holes we need plus the additional holes you create.

and FYI....most top 5 QB's drafted end up being busts IIRC.
yes..
We have entire draft this year. Qb, CB, S, WR with first 4 picks.
Fas- Cb Maxwell & Iupati + best ilb available.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes..
We have entire draft this year. Qb, CB, S, WR with first 4 picks.
Fas- Cb Maxwell & Iupati + best ilb available.

Except that we already need 1st and 2nd round talent for our secondary. Simply put, we have too many holes to fill, we do not even cover them with your proposal IMO, let alone provide depth...

Of course I find it highly questionable - and that is phrasing it politely - that you think you can get this high for so little. Based on the past, there is no way this will be sufficient - unless the Eagles somehow have some very dirty pictures or kiddy **** related info on pretty much the whole of the Bears' and Bucs' organizations.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is worth 2 #1s by himself.:whistle:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is worth 2 #1s by himself.:whistle:

What idiot would give up 2 #1 picks for Nick Foles? Not even Dan Snyder is that stupid.

Also why would you need trade up for a different QB of you have one worth 2 #1 picks? If you think Foles is worth that much why trade him? That makes your entire argument ridiculous and that is putting it nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it is a pipe dream for Mariotta...Would anyone here NOT give up last years #1 in a package for him?

Point is, you don't know what your gonna get in the draft. We also don't know who the Eagles are going to pick (I thought it was a lock we were taking CB last year with the #1). It was our biggest hole on the team last year, so why would they all of a sudden think it is this year (even though it is).

I don't think we should give up the farm for him, but if they did, i don't think it would hurt us any more then fuckin up your picks with the Smiths of the world either.

And PG on the top 5 QB's...your probably right, but MOST of those QB's are also going to a top 5 worst team and usually aren't in a good position to win anytime soon and probably hurt those QB's more then the teams later on (winning teams).

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What idiot would give up 2 #1 picks for Nick Foles? Not even Dan Snyder is that stupid.

It was a joke dude. Hence the whistling. Lighten the F up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think of it from Tampa's perspective ... they've tried the journeyman QB route and it failed; they tried the young, tall immobile QB route and it failed ... now they have that young, mobile, strong armed, possible Franchise type QB on a silver platter. Why in the world would they trade 20 spots back from that? They actually have some good, young building blocks on Offense ... just need to upgrade the OL a bit and a leader behind Center. All they have to do is turn in that card and they have their face of the franchise for the next 10 years. Is it really worth a trade down of 20 spots and 2 "late" 1sts? If I were Tampa I'd put every team aside from "maybe" the team with the 2nd pick on call block.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a pipe dream as many are suggesting. We are not talking about trading up for Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning.

Winston could even be Tampas preferred QB. The dude is a God in Fla. I'll say that 1000 times. Believe it!

We gotta at least get to where Winston will be taken. With his history, I dont think he goes #2 to Tenn. or even in the top 5. Wont happen.

Bears need a new vet QB. Enter Foles who drilled them last season. They wont get a better QB than Foles if they dont want Winston. Team is aging & probably will want to win NOW.

Bucs use Bears pick to get QB Winston. Fla God. Plus a new DE they badly need plus 2 extra picks in 2016.

Eagles get Mariota. Only giving up 2 extra picks in 2016 + Curry who barely plays & doesnt fit system enough to start.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think of it from Tampa's perspective ... they've tried the journeyman QB route and it failed; they tried the young, tall immobile QB route and it failed ... now they have that young, mobile, strong armed, possible Franchise type QB on a silver platter. Why in the world would they trade 20 spots back from that? They actually have some good, young building blocks on Offense ... just need to upgrade the OL a bit and a leader behind Center. All they have to do is turn in that card and they have their face of the franchise for the next 10 years. Is it really worth a trade down of 20 spots and 2 "late" 1sts? If I were Tampa I'd put every team aside from "maybe" the team with the 2nd pick on call block.

Two words could make it feasible.

Jameis Winston.

We get into top 7, then trade that pick to Bucs...they get a Fla God at QB and extra picks + Curry.