• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason thread...

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..Well, unless the Cowgirls completely crap the bed with 2 losses (certainly possible) & we beat the NYG (I think this more unlikely than the Cowgirls losing 2 in a row lol), we are done for this year.

Looks like we could be picking as high as 16th.

What the plan? Go all out for Mariota? Fire Davis? Spend big in Free Agency? They alway talk about winning the day...well they better "win" this fucking offseason.

Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt if we pick as high as 16, but IF we do, then trading up for Mariota is within reach of a geal.
No matter what, we need to spend high in FA. That way, we can trade up in the draft.
We all know what our needs are, using FA and the draft:
CB
CB
S
ILB
OLB (if Graham leaves).
G
T
WR
RB (?)

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess this thread is about right. Even if the Cowboys loses 2 straight, the birds will lose next week no matter what. I don't want chip making any selection on player personnel. That includes the draft and FA's. If chip has the ballz to cut a prime time receiver, then let's see what he does with this coaching staff.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the chances Davis is let go?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rex is available. Get him, then if Chip leaves someday (which I doubt unless it just doesn't work for him) Rex can take over.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like rex as a dman but not a head coach

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex would be nice as the DC but im not sure his personality would fit Chips culture.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has way too many holes to trade up for Mariota. We do not have draft picks to spare.

I think this draft and off season needs to be focused on defense first.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait too long to get a good QB & you waste...McCoy, Maclin, Peters & Mathis on O & Barwin on D. They wont last forever.

Get the QB asap & build the D as you try to win what you can. Id send Foles packin' as well if we can somehow get Mariota.. Hopefully get a 2nd for him & use that pick among others on D.

People think it would take forever to win with Mariota..I dont think thats the case if we have a strong running game & decent D.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the Mariota stuff folks, the guy is the number 1 pick in the draft. We won 9 games we are not getting Mariota. A team in the top 5 will get him if not the number 1 overall pick which right now is Tampa who needs a QB why would they give up the opportunity to build their team.

This team has a QB his name is Nick Foles, the team went 6-2 under him and was within inches of going 8-0. He has some flaws but so does every QB out there. Fix the team around him and go to battle. In fact its much more realistic to fix the team around him than to give up a record package to get Mariota.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is gonna go after Mariota hard..after coaching him & then coaching the guys he has now. Not a doubt in my mind.

If we wind up at #17, it will probably still take (2) more #1s & Nick Foles. Id be pretty tempted to do that. Would the Bucs? Maybe they would if they get Foles.

I wouldnt just dismiss the idea of Mariota winding up in Philly. Will all depend on what he is worth to Chip & how much he is worth to the Bucs if they get that pick. The Bucs may not even like him enough to turn down a huge trade offer..who knows. If it was Luck or PEyton, they dont even think about a trade but a guy like MAriota, who could just be good in Chips system, they'll think about it for sure.

This type of trade needs to happen very early in the off season though..cant be waiting until draft day for a deal like this.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the Mariota stuff folks, the guy is the number 1 pick in the draft. We won 9 games we are not getting Mariota. A team in the top 5 will get him if not the number 1 overall pick which right now is Tampa who needs a QB why would they give up the opportunity to build their team.

This team has a QB his name is Nick Foles, the team went 6-2 under him and was within inches of going 8-0. He has some flaws but so does every QB out there. Fix the team around him and go to battle. In fact its much more realistic to fix the team around him than to give up a record package to get Mariota.

Well said! The fact that Foles did so well with a depleted O line is an indicator of a winner. Adding other pieces to make a more well balanced team is the best way to go.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip isn't going after him hard, put the pipe down

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the bigger Mariota supporters here, but I think he's a given to Tampa if they get the #1 pick. They will have a new OC next year who will likely be schooled in the read option Marcus will be running for the Bucs. Hopefully Foles with better OL play will get back to being more of what we saw the previous year. I was hoping with Lovie down here they'd look for more of a traditional QB ... but the more I hear, the more I'm sure it's Mariota or bust regardless of what anyone offers them.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Nick Foles and our first rd pick to New England for Tony Garoppolo....Now ya don't have to trade a ton of picks and a young stud player. Tony G in Philly!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Nick Foles and our first rd pick to New England for Tony Garoppolo....Now ya don't have to trade a ton of picks and a young stud player. Tony G in Philly!

:wtf2::pound:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what the 49ers want for Kap. They will have a new coaching and you have to wonder if they will bring in the type who wants to run the right O for him. He would be a perfect read option QB. He's not a typical pocket guy.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what the 49ers want for Kap. They will have a new coaching and you have to wonder if they will bring in the type who wants to run the right O for him. He would be a perfect read option QB. He's not a typical pocket guy.
ya think SF will give up on Kap yet?