• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i can get odds like that from a 5th round pick I make the pick and pop the champagne.

I'd also add that even getting Tedenby would be pretty good, I only count eleven 5th rounders in the last ten years who have played more games than him (Mark Stone will likely make it 12 next season).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: Canucks' Bieksa deserves better - Sportsnet.ca

Some insight on the Bieksa deal - Wilson is apparently an SOB to make trades with, and it kinda looks like he was going to give up a second rounder for Bieksa then decided at the last minute not to and it fell apart.

Frankly, I'd rather have prospect Jeremy Roy than Kevin Bieksa for 4 years at $4 millionish but it seems like he took this one really far (Friedge says Bieksa went house hunting in SJ last week) and then queefed at the last minute. Hope SJ misses the playoffs again.

Wouldnt surprise me if wilson was putting one over on sir bennington and a divisional rival in the canucks. Keeping him preoccupied with this potential deal so he couldnt put his full attention on other ones

Doug wilson also bff with former canucks gm mike gillis

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
La places Richards, Ana places Fistric, and Mtl places Parenteau on unconditional Waivers for buy out. Clune cleared will be bought out

Richards will be on the books for LA until 2025
Fistric just signed a 3 year $3.8 mill deal last year. he played 9 games.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kessel just so Mark Madden ignores the Pens. I'll drive up and get him now, actually. PHIL? PHIL WHERE ARE YOU? WE PUT FRIES ON OUR SALADS HERE!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fault either AZ or PHI doing that trade, but seriously, how the eff were the Devils punished for the Kovy deal and this shit is okay? It's already beyond ridiculous that he's allowed to be an NHL employee while an active player, but now he's traded in a blatant corruption of the salary cap. GMs should be held accountable when the risks they take blow up on them. The injury blows, it's awful...but when a GM signs a player over 35 to a crazy contract they assume that risk. They traded an active player, fine, but then he can't be a freaking NHL employee and HoF eligible. You can't have it both ways. "Oh, he's not retired! *wink wink*" But when he wants the NHL job/HoF "He's not going to play again anyway." It's pathetic. And no, this isn't like the Horton deal. That wasn't a 35+ deal and there's still a chance he actually plays. Take risk, be held accountable. Nothing will likely happen because as long as a player is being paid the NHLPA is happy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kessel just so Mark Madden ignores the Pens. I'll drive up and get him now, actually. PHIL? PHIL WHERE ARE YOU? WE PUT FRIES ON OUR SALADS HERE!

Psh. Whenever I point that out, people lose their minds and yell at me.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: Canucks' Bieksa deserves better - Sportsnet.ca

Some insight on the Bieksa deal - Wilson is apparently an SOB to make trades with, and it kinda looks like he was going to give up a second rounder for Bieksa then decided at the last minute not to and it fell apart.

Frankly, I'd rather have prospect Jeremy Roy than Kevin Bieksa for 4 years at $4 millionish but it seems like he took this one really far (Friedge says Bieksa went house hunting in SJ last week) and then queefed at the last minute. Hope SJ misses the playoffs again.

Nasty

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do Flyers' fans feel about drafting a kid names Samuel Dove-McFalls.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except neither Johnson nor Timashov were first round picks.

Of course, Mitch Marner is on the small side...

I believe you may have missed my point. Teams aren't over there fear of small guys because of guys like Mattias Tedenby, all the skill in the world but just aren't physically strong enough. Hence why smaller guys probably drop more than their skill set would dictate.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you may have missed my point. Teams aren't over there fear of small guys because of guys like Mattias Tedenby, all the skill in the world but just aren't physically strong enough. Hence why smaller guys probably drop more than their skill set would dictate.

TOR is :nod:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La places Richards, Ana places Fistric, and Mtl places Parenteau on unconditional Waivers for buy out. Clune cleared will be bought out

Richards will be on the books for LA until 2025
Fistric just signed a 3 year $3.8 mill deal last year. he played 9 games.

Did Mike Richards partying catch up with him? Is this guy completely shot? I remember him being a nightmare to play against not so long ago.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Mike Richards partying catch up with him? Is this guy completely shot? I remember him being a nightmare to play against not so long ago.

Wow. 10 more years on the books. Lombardi is paying (and will pay) a high price for "doing the right thing" and not buying him out a year ago.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to TSN radio last week and one of the asshats (maybe Jeff O'Neill) was talking about conversations he had with Gary Roberts, workout king, and he mentioned his own issues with falling out of shape and subsequently falling out of the league and how Gary once mentioned something like "in this league, if you go past 30 and aren't in tip top shape, you're going to show up to training camp one year and absolutely nothing is going to go right and before you know it you're barely an NHLer".

You look at guys like Heatley, Lecavalier, Richards both Brad and Mike...you really need to give yourself the best opportunity to remain at the top of the game if you want to maximize your career and subsequently your earning potential staying at peak fitness is the only thing that can give you that opportunity. There was a reason freaks like Roberts and Brind'Amour and Chelios would lock themselves in the gym for hours a day.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. 10 more years on the books. Lombardi is paying (and will pay) a high price for "doing the right thing" and not buying him out a year ago.
If the Kings don't work things out this season, something like that can become casus belli for firing him. One of the more boneheaded things a GM has done in recent years.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to TSN radio last week and one of the asshats (maybe Jeff O'Neill) was talking about conversations he had with Gary Roberts, workout king, and he mentioned his own issues with falling out of shape and subsequently falling out of the league and how Gary once mentioned something like "in this league, if you go past 30 and aren't in tip top shape, you're going to show up to training camp one year and absolutely nothing is going to go right and before you know it you're barely an NHLer".

You look at guys like Heatley, Lecavalier, Richards both Brad and Mike...you really need to give yourself the best opportunity to remain at the top of the game if you want to maximize your career and subsequently your earning potential staying at peak fitness is the only thing that can give you that opportunity. There was a reason freaks like Roberts and Brind'Amour and Chelios would lock themselves in the gym for hours a day.

To summarize, you gotta put out to get paid. :nod:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eliteprospects.com - Dmytro Timashov

Gotta say I like this pick. 90 pts last season in the Q, has speed and great hands. Probably dropped to the fifth round because he's small, which, I thought teams were over that?

If he manages to lead the Q in scoring next season, the Leafs will have the leading scorer in the O from 2 years ago, the second-highest scorer in the O last season and now the highest scorer in the Q in their system. Not too shabby.

What I think I like about the TOR draft approach is the emphasis on skilled players who can do things with the puck. If you get enough of the players, you dont necessarily need "size" and "truculence". Those attributes are fine if you play the dump and chase game, but hey, looks like TOR is going to try something new (for them) and play a possession game. That gets :thumb::thumb:.