• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this value for the Flames but I'm a little bit confused by the move, TBH. The Flames had a first class top 4 last year and they're all returning. Gonna be tough to spread out those minutes.

What a blueline though. Maybe they could be talked into moving Russell for cheap. :nod:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this value for the Flames but I'm a little bit confused by the move, TBH. The Flames had a first class top 4 last year and they're all returning. Gonna be tough to spread out those minutes.

What a blueline though. Maybe they could be talked into moving Russell for cheap. :nod:

Come home, Kris. Come home.

018_fry-argh-1.gif

Boston had to want him out of the Conference. That's what I keep telling myself.

So, Calgary, wanna pick 8th?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can never, ever have enough defensemen

Anything can happen there, as mentioned earlier about Gio's health, he could get hurt again and you need a capable replacement - the Flames are a team that know that they need to keep up with the rest of the conference - teams are gunning for them now and you can't stay stagnant

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come home, Kris. Come home.

018_fry-argh-1.gif

Boston had to want him out of the Conference. That's what I keep telling myself.

So, Calgary, wanna pick 8th?

Holy shit would that ever be brilliant by the Flames!! Flip Hamilton for 8th + Ani. :nod:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never, ever have enough defensemen

Anything can happen there, as mentioned earlier about Gio's health, he could get hurt again and you need a capable replacement - the Flames are a team that know that they need to keep up with the rest of the conference - teams are gunning for them now and you can't stay stagnant

Pre-cap I would agree with you. But you can certainly have too many D-men when they all come looking for paychecks. You have to allocate appropriate funds to all the position groups or you'll end up with trouble in one area of the game.

To me the Flames needed another scorer, or a franchise goalie, more than they needed a defenseman (albeit one of the best young ones in the game).

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-cap I would agree with you. But you can certainly have too many D-men when they all come looking for paychecks. You have to allocate appropriate funds to all the position groups or you'll end up with trouble in one area of the game.

To me the Flames needed another scorer, or a franchise goalie, more than they needed a defenseman (albeit one of the best young ones in the game).

I liked this post mostly because of the correct usage of "albeit".

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sincerely hope Jarmo was not too busy trying to talk sense into Maloney and missed this one.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note: couldn't the Oilers have sweetened the deal and gotten Hamilton. THAT's the Alberta team that needed him. Just Brutal.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is too juicy. The draft has even started yet and we've got drama

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with you as far as the salary goes - when you allocate too much to one position, it can affect you but also, there are guys like Dennis Wideman who are on the other side of their career and you don't know how many good years a guy like that has - I think the Flames will look at this as a good problem to have and they'll deal with it as they go

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the market has been set. Franchise D-man with NHL experience just went for 3 picks.

Maloney to the white courtesy phone, Don Maloney, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shamelessly stolen:

I didn't think the Flames could one-up today's US Supreme Court ruling, but, well, here we are.