• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 HC Rankings

Who is the second best Head couch?

• Pete Carroll

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • John Harbaugh

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mike McCarthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sean Payton

• Jason Garrett

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Bruce Arians

• John Fox

• Chip Kelleyy

• Jeff Fisher

• Andy Reid

• Mike Tomlin

• Mike McCoy

• Jim Caldwell

• Total voters

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have the reading comprehension of a 10-year old so I guess this conversation isn't going anywhere. I said if we are going by just what have you done for me lately Harbaugh hasn't had the best 2-year stretch of late and I said compared to Fox in the last 2-years Harbaugh hasn't done as well. Obviously career wise Harbaugh has been the better overall coach. Now is that too hard to understand? If so let me spell it out here...Harbaugh is the better overall coach of the two.

Just what has Fox done that is so impressive to you ??
Went to a SB, got the snot slapped out of them in the most embarrassing SB loss in history...
#1 seed last yr with 1st round bye and home field advantage, Got the snot beat out of them again and embarrassed at home....
You think that may have been the reason he got fired ????....Wow, what a revelation that is !!!!!!!!!
And you think he is more successful than a team that replaced icon players and turned it around in one year ??
You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you ??? :doh:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to a SB, got the snot slapped out of them in the most embarrassing SB loss in history...
#1 seed last yr with 1st round bye and home field advantage, Got the snot beat out of them again and embarrassed at home....
You think that may have been the reason he got fired ????....Wow, what a revelation that is !!!!!!!!!
And you think he is more successful than a team that replaced icon players and turned it around in one year ??
You aren't sharpest knife in the drawer are you ??? :doh:

Wow ok didn't realize this would be so hard to understand...

2013--Denver Broncos make it to the Super Bowl. While yes they lost in bad fashion they at least made it to the Super Bowl. What did the Ravens do oh yeah they didn't make the playoffs.

2014--First off Broncos did not have the #1 seed this past year as that was the Patriots. Way to know your football. They made it just as far as the Ravens did though. So by all of this that would mean the Broncos have been the better team the last 2-years. That doesn't mean Fox is a better coach by any means but if we are only looking at those 2-years then yes he looks like the better coach. Obviously we all know that not to be true though.

Now why he got fired falls into many reasons. The first being that in big games the Broncos just didn't seem to show up well. The next and maybe biggest reason is that he and Elway did not see eye to eye on what this team needed to do to win the Super Bowl. Fox was not big on coaching up the young drafted players and would rather play the veterans in most situations where Elway thought it pivotal for not only the success right now but the success in the future that they do a better job of coaching up the young guys. So because of this they both decided it was just better for them to part now.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would take Carroll in a heart beat. BB is the only coach I would take over him right now. He has done an incredible job of coaching up young talent, finding talent that fits his system perfectly, and producing an environment that players want to be a part of. He is a great balance of the fun care free type guy but also the intelligence and personality that all these young guys look up to.

Disagree completely

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you ??? :doh:

On the screws

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree completely

And again this is the great part of Message Boards in we can disagree. We don't all have to see eye to eye. You want your guy Harbaugh and that is a great choice and would be in my top-5. I just personally like Carroll and what he has been able to do.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ok didn't realize this would be so hard to understand...

2013--Denver Broncos make it to the Super Bowl. While yes they lost in bad fashion they at least made it to the Super Bowl. What did the Ravens do oh yeah they didn't make the playoffs.

2014--First off Broncos did not have the #1 seed this past year as that was the Patriots. Way to know your football. They made it just as far as the Ravens did though. So by all of this that would mean the Broncos have been the better team the last 2-years. That doesn't mean Fox is a better coach by any means but if we are only looking at those 2-years then yes he looks like the better coach. Obviously we all know that not to be true though.

Now why he got fired falls into many reasons. The first being that in big games the Broncos just didn't seem to show up well. The next and maybe biggest reason is that he and Elway did not see eye to eye on what this team needed to do to win the Super Bowl. Fox was not big on coaching up the young drafted players and would rather play the veterans in most situations where Elway thought it pivotal for not only the success right now but the success in the future that they do a better job of coaching up the young guys. So because of this they both decided it was just better for them to part now.

You're delusional and talk to hear yourself talk....Bottom line is, your team lost the last 2 years in embarrassing style, and our team lost but very competitive.....
One thing is for sure, you won't have to worry about Kubes being on that top 5 HC list....
He and PM are a perfect pair, they both fold like a dollar store lawn chair when the pressure is on...:pound:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I made the claim that my coach deserves to be top-2 in the NFL? NO I haven't. At least my team has made the playoffs both times in the past 2 years. Got to get into the playoffs to be able to do anything. I mean if we are going by what have you done for me lately then John Fox should be ahead of John Harbaugh as he has done more lately in the league than the Ravens with Harbaugh. I realize there is more to this than just that which is why Fox doesn't deserve to be in the top-5 even top-10 in my opinion as he has shown in big games his teams just can't show up like they need to. Players talked a lot about how they were ill prepared for those games.
^lol getting blown out in the playoffs is more of an embarrassment then a positive. Good lord...lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd honestly take Carroll over Harbs right now. The development of the talent he has is way ahead of his tactics in game, but it's such an overwhelming strength that it can't be ignored. I mean good grief, they have been the best team top to bottom over the past 3 years. And probably will push for another deep playoff run, again. Those guys for the most part didn't just show up as probowlers...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^lol getting blown out in the playoffs is more of an embarrassment then a positive. Good lord...lol

First off only got blown out once and honestly I would take a blow out in the Super Bowl every year over that of missing the playoffs completely. I'm not saying losing bad in the playoffs is a complete positive but I am saying making the playoffs compared to not is much better in my book.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd honestly take Carroll over Harbs right now. The development of the talent he has is way ahead of his tactics in game, but it's such an overwhelming strength that it can't be ignored. I mean good grief, they have been the best team top to bottom over the past 3 years. And probably will push for another deep playoff run, again. Those guys for the most part didn't just show up as probowlers...

This to me is the biggest thing in the player development has been off the charts. They have shown time and again that it is not so much about having to find the hidden gems in the draft but making them. Pretty much every year since Carroll has gotten there people have criticized their draft but it seems like time and again those players show up big for them. Now yes his Super Bowl choice to pass will be criticized for years to come but to have the most talented roster essentially 3-years in a row is just about impossible these days in the NFL with the Salary Cap but somehow even though they lose players the ones who step in do just as well.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I would back away from the general board. It has turned into one big bitchfest, largely between the same ravens and pats fans, making the same comments over and over.

The idiocy of it all will suck you in and consume you.
Spoken like a whining Denver fan.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This to me is the biggest thing in the player development has been off the charts. They have shown time and again that it is not so much about having to find the hidden gems in the draft but making them. Pretty much every year since Carroll has gotten there people have criticized their draft but it seems like time and again those players show up big for them. Now yes his Super Bowl choice to pass will be criticized for years to come but to have the most talented roster essentially 3-years in a row is just about impossible these days in the NFL with the Salary Cap but somehow even though they lose players the ones who step in do just as well.

It is possible when their QB counted less than $1 million against the cap last year. Honestly...what losses are we talking about here? They've had essentially the same nucleus of players for this run. Attrition is going to hit. How about coaches? Has he lost any?

It's going to get much harder. It happens to every team.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again this is the great part of Message Boards in we can disagree. We don't all have to see eye to eye. You want your guy Harbaugh and that is a great choice and would be in my top-5. I just personally like Carroll and what he has been able to do.

Funny...that certainly wasn't the tone of your first post in this thread.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...that certainly wasn't the tone of your first post in this thread.

Well when you have had a couple of Ravens fans being nothing but hostile towards you for weeks maybe then you can begin to understand why my first post could come off so sharp. Even when I have complimented your team I have been called a troll by some of your fellow fans. Many of us have gone through the same thing. Tgann for sure hasn't made many friends here on the General Board and he is quickly joining the ranks of Rock Strongo as biggest trolls on this general board.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible when their QB counted less than $1 million against the cap last year. Honestly...what losses are we talking about here? They've had essentially the same nucleus of players for this run. Attrition is going to hit. How about coaches? Has he lost any?

That has definitely helped and yes they have lost starters to FA. They seem to lose the Corner opposite Sherman almost every single year yet the guy who they replace that spot with goes on to have a great year and go on to get huge contracts. On the DL they have added and taken away quite a bit throughout the last 3 years. OL wise they have changed it up and the WR/TE core has been all over the place. Again they are helped by the QB contract for sure but to still be as competitive as they have been is still impressive. Yes they have some challenges ahead once that contract and Wagner as well on defense get paid but they keep living by the idea of building through the draft.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you have had a couple of Ravens fans being nothing but hostile towards you for weeks maybe then you can begin to understand why my first post could come off so sharp. Even when I have complimented your team I have been called a troll by some of your fellow fans. Many of us have gone through the same thing. Tgann for sure hasn't made many friends here on the General Board and he is quickly joining the ranks of Rock Strongo as biggest trolls on this general board.

Bc I disagree with u regarding my team and NE trolls say I am a troll? Then I will always be that. U give a dumb opinion on Fox and Carroll and I'm a troll for disagreeing. Good.

smh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc I disagree with u regarding my team and NE trolls say I am a troll? Then I will always be that. U give a dumb opinion on Fox and Carroll and I'm a troll for disagreeing. Good.

smh

No your trolling goes way beyond just me and some Pats fans. I've seen plenty of others from other teams call you the same thing. Also on the whole Fox thing I was just pointing out that honestly over the last 2-years the Ravens haven't really done much as a team so can you really blame them for not having Harbaugh in the #2 spot on this list compared to a Coach whose team has won a Super Bowl and been to another in that same time span. I threw in Fox just to show that over the last 2-years the Broncos have done much more in that time span and with this being a what have you done for me lately league the fact that the Ravens haven't really done much for 2 years should show him being ranked 3rd is a good place for him right now. I have said plenty of times there is no way Fox should be ranked ahead of Harbaugh just was using that as an example of the need for the Ravens to do more if Harbaugh is to stay among the elite. I mean look at Coughlin. He has the 2nd most Super Bowl wins of any active coach in the league and he doesn't even crack the top-5 all because the last few years his teams haven't really done a ton. So again while Harbaugh has done a lot lately the last 2 years has probably been his worst stretch so far in his career and while he does have a Super Bowl just 3 years ago another couple years of early playoff exits or missing the playoffs like 2 years ago and it won't take long for him to fall like Coughlin.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs is a fine coach. No doubt about that.
Yet, Carroll>Harbs.
There was no need to slam cd as he was also complimentary to the Ravens coach.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The head coaches at Jacksonville and Atlanta, the DC at Oakland . All are from PC's coaching tree. The new D Coordinator will most likely be a head coach in Tennessee or Chicago in a two years.

They have lost corners opposite sherman every year, Browner, Maxwell, They lost Percy Harvin (and the draft picks he cost) They lost golden tate, they've lost dozens of olineman, they lost the superbowl mvp. etc. etc. etc.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Dumler, Tgann is not a Ravens fan. He is a troll and only a troll.
Talentless troll!