• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 HC Rankings

Who is the second best Head couch?

• Pete Carroll

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • John Harbaugh

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mike McCarthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sean Payton

• Jason Garrett

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Bruce Arians

• John Fox

• Chip Kelleyy

• Jeff Fisher

• Andy Reid

• Mike Tomlin

• Mike McCoy

• Jim Caldwell

• Total voters

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Coach Rankings 2015: Harbaugh 3rd Ranked Coach
Sporting News put together a list of the best coaches in the NFL and Harbaugh ranked third behind Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll. I’d rank Harbaugh higher than Pete Carroll, but it makes sense, considering Carroll has been to back-to-back Super Bowls. I wasn’t one who thought that the call to throw the ball on 2nd and goal in the Super Bowl was that bad, but I thought that might knock him down a spot or two on this list. LINK

I don't see how Carroll is above Harbs or Tomlin, both have been more successful in their 1st term as HC and he is on his 3rd go at it, with this being his only success at the NFL level....
He's a very good coach at this point but it took 3 tries to get him there and only 1 for Harbs and Tomlin who both have the same amount of SB wins as him and been to more playoff appearances....Thoughts !!:scratch:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Coach Rankings 2015: Harbaugh 3rd Ranked Coach
Sporting News put together a list of the best coaches in the NFL and Harbaugh ranked third behind Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll. I’d rank Harbaugh higher than Pete Carroll, but it makes sense, considering Carroll has been to back-to-back Super Bowls. I wasn’t one who thought that the call to throw the ball on 2nd and goal in the Super Bowl was that bad, but I thought that might knock him down a spot or two on this list. LINK

I don't see how Carroll is above Harbs or Tomlin, both have been more successful in their 1st term as HC and he is on his 3rd go at it, with this being his only success at the NFL level....
He's a very good coach at this point but it took 3 tries to get him there and only 1 for Harbs and Tomlin who both have the same amount of SB wins as him and been to more playoff appearances....Thoughts !!:scratch:

Oh here we go. Posting a list. Calling out the Seahawks representative. Thats the second best recipe to start a troll off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just no making some of the Ravens fans happy on here. If they are not recognized as the best team/franchise then something must be completely wrong with the list. Your coach is ranked 3rd! I think that is pretty darn generous at this point. I mean look at the last 2 years in the Ravens have missed the playoffs and then only made it to the divisional round this past year. Not like they have done much lately compared to the Seahawks who have a Super Bowl victory and a Super Bowl appearance in that same time span.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise I'd rank those team's best GMs in the top 3 as well. Hmm, wonder if there's any correlation?

Bill IMO is still a beast considering he is the GM as well and has been so successful. I remember when Holmgren tried to GM in Seattle and it was a disaster.

Newsome obviously has nude pics of thousands of players/GMs' Moms since he continually kills free agency and the draft.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just no making some of the Ravens fans happy on here. If they are not recognized as the best team/franchise then something must be completely wrong with the list. Your coach is ranked 3rd! I think that is pretty darn generous at this point. I mean look at the last 2 years in the Ravens have missed the playoffs and then only made it to the divisional round this past year. Not like they have done much lately compared to the Seahawks who have a Super Bowl victory and a Super Bowl appearance in that same time span.

WTF is your problem? He explained his thought process pretty well and certainly didn't blast the rankings (he actually said he understood where they came from). He offered his personal opinion which was actually very valid. I'm pretty sure these rankings aren't just based on the last 3 years.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh here we go. Posting a list. Calling out the Seahawks representative. Thats the second best recipe to start a troll off.

You and dumbler misinterpret, just evaluating the ranking that's all...
Is that not a logical question to you, or can't you get your homer hat off today ?
I would be happy to have a HC in the top 5, so 3 is great....I just don't think Carroll has been as successful as several other HC's in the league at this point....Great college coach, bombed badly 2 times in the NFL until Seattle.
Where he has done a fantastic job, but that shouldn't be assessed as better than the ones who have done it in far less time IMO....And on top of all that, it's off season,
'you goons", what else do you want to talk about, salad dressings ??????

Boy some of you fans just can't hold a conversation without getting your feelings hurt !!

sarcasm_motivational_poster_by_colettebabb-d3g4g29.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is your problem? He explained his thought process pretty well and certainly didn't blast the rankings (he actually said he understood where they came from). He offered his personal opinion which was actually very valid. I'm pretty sure these rankings aren't just based on the last 3 years.

I have no problem. Just find it funny that with the Ravens coach being ranked so high that it still isn't quite to the liking of a Raven fan. This has been the same in many other threads such as when I said that the Ravens offense stands a good chance to be top-10 this next year I had a couple of Ravens fans jump down my throat because I didn't say they were going to be legendary in this upcoming season.

As for his reasoning behind his choice yes he is entitled to his opinion and that is fine just like with any of my opinions I better be ready to have somebody say something different. It is just part of being on a message board that we are all going to disagree on things. As for Carroll who cares if he failed at 2 other jobs...Harbaugh and Tomlin both walked into pretty darn good situations following up teams that had in the not too distant past won Super Bowls so the talent, pedigree, and everything else was already in place for the two of them. Also I would say not everybody succeeds right off the bat. Some do take longer than others such as not every rookie does amazing year one but some by year 3 are far outplaying even those who played great as rookies. Carroll found a great organization that supports him and what he wants to do and has been the most successful coach in the NFL over the last 3-year period. This is a what have you done for me lately league not always a what have you done over your entire career.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and dumbler misinterpret, just evaluating the ranking that's all...
Is that not a logical question to you, or can't you get your homer hat off today ?
I would be happy to have a HC in the top 5, so 3 is great....I just don't think Carroll has been as successful as several other HC's in the league at this point....Great college coach, bombed badly 2 times in the NFL until Seattle.
Where he has done a fantastic job, but that shouldn't be assessed as better than the ones who have done it in far less time IMO....And on top of all that, it's off season,
'you goons", what else do you want to talk about, salad dressings ??????

Boy some of you fans just can't hold a conversation without getting your feelings hurt !!

sarcasm_motivational_poster_by_colettebabb-d3g4g29.jpg

So where exactly did you speak in sarcasm? When you said Carroll didn't deserve to be ahead of Harbaugh and Tomlin? If you are going to use this picture then shouldn't you point where we missed your sarcasm in the first post?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really, who stuck a thorn branch up your nostril today ??
You should be ashamed to mention the SB appearance after your Tsunami wipe out a year ago and getting beat at home 1st round by the Colts last year that NE beat like a dirty rug during spring cleaning...
Man, you need to shut up already !!
Disqualified_Parties_zpsgrdrrh6b.png

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Carroll is better then Harbs or Tomlin??

C'mon man. lol

:clap:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, who stuck a thorn branch up your nostril today ??
You should be ashamed to mention the SB appearance after your Tsunami wipe out a year ago and getting beat at home 1st round by the Colts last year that NE beat like a dirty rug during spring cleaning...
Man, you need to shut up already !!
Disqualified_Parties_zpsgrdrrh6b.png

Have I made the claim that my coach deserves to be top-2 in the NFL? NO I haven't. At least my team has made the playoffs both times in the past 2 years. Got to get into the playoffs to be able to do anything. I mean if we are going by what have you done for me lately then John Fox should be ahead of John Harbaugh as he has done more lately in the league than the Ravens with Harbaugh. I realize there is more to this than just that which is why Fox doesn't deserve to be in the top-5 even top-10 in my opinion as he has shown in big games his teams just can't show up like they need to. Players talked a lot about how they were ill prepared for those games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Carroll is better then Harbs or Tomlin??

C'mon man. lol

:clap:

Oh I would take Carroll in a heart beat. BB is the only coach I would take over him right now. He has done an incredible job of coaching up young talent, finding talent that fits his system perfectly, and producing an environment that players want to be a part of. He is a great balance of the fun care free type guy but also the intelligence and personality that all these young guys look up to.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I made the claim that my coach deserves to be top-2 in the NFL? NO I haven't. At least my team has made the playoffs both times in the past 2 years. Got to get into the playoffs to be able to do anything. I mean if we are going by what have you done for me lately then John Fox should be ahead of John Harbaugh as he has done more lately in the league than the Ravens with Harbaugh. I realize there is more to this than just that which is why Fox doesn't deserve to be in the top-5 even top-10 in my opinion as he has shown in big games his teams just can't show up like they need to. Players talked a lot about how they were ill prepared for those games.

Are you high on something man ???? Harbs went his first 5 yrs straight to the playoffs, 2 AFCCG's and a SB win..
Missed the 6th yr and came right back last yr, his 7 th....
And you think Fox is better ? .....You have lost all credibility with me dude. you sound like a 13 yr old ignorant teen that is running on pure emotion and no common sense.....:rolleyes2:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would take Carroll in a heart beat. BB is the only coach I would take over him right now. He has done an incredible job of coaching up young talent, finding talent that fits his system perfectly, and producing an environment that players want to be a part of. He is a great balance of the fun care free type guy but also the intelligence and personality that all these young guys look up to.

He will earn his props when he starts having to deal with the aftermath of a run of success. That's when the real challenges begin.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I would back away from the general board. It has turned into one big bitchfest, largely between the same ravens and pats fans, making the same comments over and over.

The idiocy of it all will suck you in and consume you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you high on something man ???? Harbs went his first 5 yrs straight to the playoffs, 2 AFCCG's and a SB win..
Missed the 6th yr and came right back last yr, his 7 th....
And you think Fox is better ? .....You have lost all credibility with me dude. you sound like a 13 yr old ignorant teen that is running on pure emotion and no common sense.....:rolleyes2:

Well you have the reading comprehension of a 10-year old so I guess this conversation isn't going anywhere. I said if we are going by just what have you done for me lately Harbaugh hasn't had the best 2-year stretch of late and I said compared to Fox in the last 2-years Harbaugh hasn't done as well. Obviously career wise Harbaugh has been the better overall coach. Now is that too hard to understand? If so let me spell it out here...Harbaugh is the better overall coach of the two.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will earn his props when he starts having to deal with the aftermath of a run of success. That's when the real challenges begin.

I would say at this point he has had plenty of challenges from having some of the more big time personality type players to have to manage, huge contracts to hand out, difficult division to have to manage, and to have everybody gunning for the Seahawks now for the past 2 years yet continually staying on top. Again just me personally I would take Carroll in a heart beat above anybody not named Belechick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I would back away from the general board. It has turned into one big bitchfest, largely between the same ravens and pats fans, making the same comments over and over.

The idiocy of it all will suck you in and consume you.

Haha maybe you are right. Dont' want to get caught in the middle of that troll fest going back and forth that has taken over the general board.