• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Entry Draft Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the draft lottery today at 4:30 I figure it's a good time to put this up.

Sharks Lottery Odds
5% for the 1st overall pick
83% for the 9th overall pick
12% for the 10th overall pick

Picks Held by Sharks
1st Round - (1st, 9th, or 10th Overall) Sharks own pick
2nd Round - (39th Overall) Sharks own pick
3rd Round - None
4th Round - (106th Overall) From Calgary in the TJ Galiardi trade
5th Round - (130th Overall) Sharks own pick
5th Round - (143rd Overall) From the Islanders for the negotiating rights to Dan Boyle
6th Round - (160th Overall) Sharks own pick
7th Round - (190th Overall) Sharks own Pick
7th Round - (203rd Overall) From the Islanders for Tyler Kennedy. This pick becomes a 3rd in 2016 if the Islanders win the cup and Kennedy plays in more than 50% of the games in the finals.

If the Sharks don't win the lottery to pick 1st overall the players I'd like to see them draft in order of preference are:

Ivan Provorov (Left Defense) Brandon Wheat Kings - WHL
Zach Werenski (Left Defense) University of Michigan - NCAA
Mikko Rantanen - Right Wing) TPS Turku - SM Liiga
Kyle Connor (Center/Left Wing) - Youngstown Phantoms - USHL
Mathew Barzal (Center) Seattle Thunderbirds - WHL
Pavel Zacha (Center) Sarnia Sting - OHL

The one player I don't want to see them pick at 9th or 10th is Lawson Crouse. Not that he'd be a bad pick, he's a very good player, he's just the "safe pick". A player who's good at everything but great at nothing.

My off the board pick is Oliver Kylington. He is arguably the most dynamic offensive dman in this draft. He draws many comparisons to Erik Karlsson. His draft position is slipping because of off ice issues. I wouldn't mind him at 9th but would be extactic if he fell to the 2nd round and the Sharks were able to get him at 39th.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the draft lottery today at 4:30 I figure it's a good time to put this up.

Sharks Lottery Odds
5% for the 1st overall pick
83% for the 9th overall pick
12% for the 10th overall pick

Picks Held by Sharks
1st Round - (1st, 9th, or 10th Overall) Sharks own pick
2nd Round - (39th Overall) Sharks own pick
3rd Round - None
4th Round - (106th Overall) From Calgary in the TJ Galiardi trade
5th Round - (130th Overall) Sharks own pick
5th Round - (143rd Overall) From the Islanders for the negotiating rights to Dan Boyle
6th Round - (160th Overall) Sharks own pick
7th Round - (190th Overall) Sharks own Pick
7th Round - (203rd Overall) From the Islanders for Tyler Kennedy. This pick becomes a 3rd in 2016 if the Islanders win the cup and Kennedy plays in more than 50% of the games in the finals.

If the Sharks don't win the lottery to pick 1st overall the players I'd like to see them draft in order of preference are:

Ivan Provorov (Left Defense) Brandon Wheat Kings - WHL
Zach Werenski (Left Defense) University of Michigan - NCAA
Kyle Connor (Center/Left Wing) - Youngstown Phantoms - USHL
Mathew Barzal (Center) Seattle Thunderbirds - WHL
Pavel Zacha (Center) Sarnia Sting - OHL

The one player I don't want to see them pick at 9th or 10th is Lawson Crouse. Not that he'd be a bad pick, he's a very good player, he's just the "safe pick". A player who's good at everything but great at nothing.

My off the board pick is Oliver Kylington. He is arguably the most dynamic offensive dman in this draft. He draws many comparisons to Erik Karlsson. His draft position is slipping because of off ice issues. I wouldn't mind him at 9th but would be extactic if he fell to the 2nd round and the Sharks were able to get him at 39th.
So that all but cements the Sharks picking crouse

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So that all but cements the Sharks picking crouse

I believe they are targeting Werenski. If he's no longer on the board at 9 then I think they well go with Crouse.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i hope they finally just get a pick thats a miracle generational player that no one saw coming

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correction, the draft is tomorrow at 4:30.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ummm have the sharks ever had any sucess drafting a finnish forward?? Ive been painting for a few hours so the paint fumes are effecting my memory... But ever Finnish guy theyve draft cept Kipper have been huge busts that I recall...

Also, if theres a guy comparable to Erik Karlsson available, why the heck wouldnt they pick him?? I donno what his "off ice issues" are... but the off ice issues excuse never bothered me... 2 guys that had major off ice issues - Seguin & Kane...

Seems every time SJ has a high pick, they draft like shit tho. So I expect the "safe bet bust"... Scouting for 1st-2nd rd picks been this teams strong point, is their anyone on this roster besides Vlasic Hertl Nieto & Courtue that SJ drafted in round 1 & 2? And the verdict is still out on Nieto & Hertl....

Also my big question, is the lottery actually being held in public view or is it behind closed doors? I also thought they had an 8% chance at #1.... at least thats what ive been reading

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
>>Scouting for 1st-2nd rd picks been this teams strong point, is their anyone on this roster besides Vlasic Hertl Nieto & Courtue that SJ drafted in round 1 & 2? And the verdict is still out on Nieto & Hertl....<<

HAVNT been this teams strong point

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No luck on finish forwards ever,
Teemu Riihijarvi Is all you need to remember

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ummm have the sharks ever had any sucess drafting a finnish forward?? Ive been painting for a few hours so the paint fumes are effecting my memory... But ever Finnish guy theyve draft cept Kipper have been huge busts that I recall...

Also, if theres a guy comparable to Erik Karlsson available, why the heck wouldnt they pick him?? I donno what his "off ice issues" are... but the off ice issues excuse never bothered me... 2 guys that had major off ice issues - Seguin & Kane...

Seems every time SJ has a high pick, they draft like shit tho. So I expect the "safe bet bust"... Scouting for 1st-2nd rd picks been this teams strong point, is their anyone on this roster besides Vlasic Hertl Nieto & Courtue that SJ drafted in round 1 & 2? And the verdict is still out on Nieto & Hertl....

Also my big question, is the lottery actually being held in public view or is it behind closed doors? I also thought they had an 8% chance at #1.... at least thats what ive been reading

I should have said lockerroom issues for Kylington just as much as off ice issues. He demanded a trade because he didn't like how much ice time he was getting and when his new team tried to demote him to their U-20 club he refused to report. He was moved back to his old club and his effort level was quite poor.

The lottery is not public. A few NHL front office people and any GM who wishes to attend can witness it.

Draft Lottery Odds

Buffalo - 20%
Arizona - 13.5%
Edmonton - 11.5%
Toronto - 9.5%
Carolina - 8.5%
New Jersey - 7.5%
Philly - 6.5%
Columbus - 6%
San Jose - 5%
Colorado - 3.5%
Florida - 3%
Dallas - 2.5%
Los Angeles - 2%
Boston - 1%

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edmonton again? Wtf? I'm starting to think the draft is rigged, and they will screw it up by not taking Eichel

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edmonton is such a joke! McDavid looked like he was going to cry when they announced Edmonton won.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shits rigged lol... Thats why I wanted to know if it was a public event.... Even then tho, they can always weigh balls... But 4 1st in 6 years... I donno how anyone can have THAT much luck -- and still SUCK

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shits rigged lol... Thats why I wanted to know if it was a public event.... Even then tho, they can always weigh balls... But 4 1st in 6 years... I donno how anyone can have THAT much luck -- and still SUCK
Hard to believe it's not rigged, the last franchise that had that kind of draft luck was the Penguins

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of these NHL teams had a number one pick? Have the Sharks ever had the first pick?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many of these NHL teams had a number one pick? Have the Sharks ever had the first pick?
They did but they got fucked out of due to some weird deal in the expansion, it was the year of lindros and forsberg

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The sharks havent picked 1st ever, though 2nd twice, I believe and several tiesi n the top 10 during the 90's. However, they havent had a top 10 pick with 2003 with the exception of cooch (which was toronto's pick at #13 that the sharks got in the toskala deal, then traded to move up to 9). Basically, they havent really owned a top 15 pick of their in over a decade as such the price to pay for being consistently amongst the best teams (at least in the reg season) in the league.

BTW, I have it on good authority from an insider that all the things DW said about jumbo are true regarding his lashing. I think Jumbo has a little of Owen Nolan syndrome. Great when he came, but his attitude and personality can be caustic which makes him a bad leader, a bad captain, and a locker room issue. When the sharks dealt Nolan, they immediately became a much better team, and the chemistry improved dramatically and they made the WCF the next year. I think the same thing is happening with Jumbo.

Keep Todd. Keep Doug. Trade Jumbo (and patty), and I think the chemistry will improve dramatically, and even though the on ice product seems to be less "talented", I bet they do much better.

According to my guy, Todd wanted to pin the C on pavs all year, but didnt want to piss off jumbo and that's why they went without a C. Makes sense to me, and get rid of the locker room issue, and the team should be fine in the long term. Time to move on...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to believe it's not rigged, the last franchise that had that kind of draft luck was the Penguins

Yea. the "next lemieux" lands in Pitts, then the "next gretz" lands in Edm... Smells more fishy that a vegas hooker

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are way more up on NHL draft prospects than I am.
I'm grateful for your insights.