• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have IMMEDIATELY dealt Bosh after LeBron left...you couldve got very good value for him....who knows-- maybe you could have got something pretty good for Wade too...

The Heat could well already be on their way to a nice collection of draft picks, young players and cap space.

Instead- they thought it was more important to be psuedo contenders- really win nothing- and then go through a total shit storm of a rebuild once Riley rides off into the sunset effectively crippling the team with his last ditch attempt to win something in his golden years- since everything he won those previous 4 years is 99.9999% owed/attributable to LeBron.

If you don't win 16 playoffs game, then you are in no better of a place then we are this season, and in a much worse one moving forward.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say I had any issue?
I was pointing out that they are hot garbage without him.
I get he got 4 days off, but he also allowed Toronto hang around for the 1 seed, and they own the tiebreaker if it comes to that.

I never said you had any issue. Probably should've phrased that as a question instead though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have IMMEDIATELY dealt Bosh after LeBron left...you couldve got very good value for him....who knows-- maybe you could have got something pretty good for Wade too...

The Heat could well already be on their way to a nice collection of draft picks, young players and cap space.

Instead- they thought it was more important to be psuedo contenders- really win nothing- and then go through a total shit storm of a rebuild once Riley rides off into the sunset effectively crippling the team with his last ditch attempt to win something in his golden years- since everything he won those previous 4 years is 99.9999% owed/attributable to LeBron.

That is working out so well for Philly, Sacramento, and Minnesota. There is very few superstars drafted. Building strictly through the draft almost always fail. Other than OKC and GSW, I don't recall a team in the last 10 years who were able to build a title contender through the draft

You do realize the Heat were a good franchise before Lebron. Unlike the Cavs, Lebron did not make the Heat franchise. The way you act like the Heat were some shitty franchise pre-Lebron shows how little you know

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't win 16 playoffs game, then you are in no better of a place then we are this season, and in a much worse one moving forward.
the Cavs? in worse position moving forward? LOL

are you honestly delusional?

your GM is over 70 and has lost his fastball

your best player cant shake blood clots

you gave WAY to much money to a point guard who isnt even top 10 at his position

Wade just keeps getting older and is having the WORST shooting year by a large margin in his ENTIRE career

Whiteside is gonna demand a long term contract at huge money that only a FOOL would risk giving to him

as opposed to;

LeBron James

KI on a long term team friendly deal at the age of 24

Love on a long term team friendly deal at the age of 28

an owner willing to spend the MOST in the ENTIRE league

a stable collection of very solid role players that are all tied to the team- or the Cavs have their Bird Rights for YEARs to come

you have GOT to be joking me....this offseason for the Heat is going to be INSANE...I have NO CLUE what that team looks like on opening day next year. The Cavs? On Opening day next year WILL BE HUGE FAVORITES TO MAKE THE FINALS for a 3rd straight time and 7th straight time with LeBron.

i mean- did u even BEGIN to think about that post before making it? the Heat are in for some BIG TIME turnover and turmoil.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you gave WAY to much money to a point guard who isnt even top 10 at his position

Wade just keeps getting older and is having the WORST shooting year by a large margin in his ENTIRE career

Whiteside is gonna demand a long term contract at huge money that only a FOOL would risk giving to him

as opposed to;

LeBron James

a stable collection of very solid role players that are all tied to the team- or the Cavs have their Bird Rights for YEARs to come

you have GOT to be joking me....this offseason for the Heat is going to be INSANE...I have NO CLUE what that team looks like on opening day next year. The Cavs? On Opening day next year WILL BE HUGE FAVORITES TO MAKE THE FINALS for a 3rd straight time and 7th straight time with LeBron.

i mean- did u even BEGIN to think about that post before making it? the Heat are in for some BIG TIME turnover and turmoil.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't Bosh unrestricted?

He was in talks with Houston before he maxed out with the Heat.

Why would they let a top 20 guy walk with no compensation?

This was before the blood clots.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A much worse place moving forward? Damn right! No team has ever lost the Finals & then returned the following year to win it all. Well except these teams...

-'55 Syracuse Nationals
-'58 St. Louis Hawks
-'73 N.Y. Knicks
-'79 Seattle SuperSonics
-'83 Philadelphia 76ers
-'85 L.A. Lakers
-'89 Detroit Pistons
-'12 Miami Heat
-'14 S.A. Spurs

:nod:

:trash:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you lose, you're Big 3 is done, so the rest of your post is meaningless.
Plus, you have no cap space.
Heat at least has options, and we've been known to figure it out.
Let's see how the season and summer play out, but I think by next year the Cavs don't win the East again, and that's assuming they win this year which is probable but no lock.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Bosh unrestricted?

He was in talks with Houston before he maxed out with the Heat.

Why would they let a top 20 guy walk with no compensation?

This was before the blood clots.
sign and trade him then! trade him LAST offseason- its not like they are winning anything anyway...

but this is my point. At 70 Riley was never gonna do what should have been done and tear it done. He was going to leverage EVERY SINLGE last asset he could and do every last thing he possibly could to try and pull something off in his last couple years before he rides off into the sunset and leaves someone else holding the bag. He was NEVER gonna sacrfice the last few years of his career for the good of the teams long term health! NO WAY! WAAY too much ego for that- especially after having been spurned by Bron and put in his place.

Sam Presti? If he was hired the day after LeBron left would have had Miami back in title contention in 4-5 years...

Riley? your gonna get 3-4 years of not REALLY competing- followed by a harsh, long rebuild. To quote Bill Murray from Ground Hog day-
It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't have enough to win this Season, I'm not sure what they can realistically do to improve.

Short of guys taking David West deals, they are completely fucked with that payroll.

So, I totally agree with you because they are fucked as soon as Bron is on the other side of his prime. Kyrie and Love are not leading anyone to a title.

Ps. The Warriors are young and still improving and the Spurs have Kawhi and Aldridge as their centerpieces

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as opposed to;

LeBron James

LeBron will opt out after this season ends & return to the Heat. Always Injured Irving is gonna demand a trade...to the 76ers! And Kevin Love will retire & go on tour w/ his uncles band the Beach Boys. The Cavs are screwed!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sign and trade him then! trade him LAST offseason- its not like they are winning anything anyway...

but this is my point. At 70 Riley was never gonna do what should have been done and tear it done. He was going to leverage EVERY SINLGE last asset he could and do every last thing he possibly could to try and pull something off in his last couple years before he rides off into the sunset and leaves someone else holding the bag. He was NEVER gonna sacrfice the last few years of his career for the good of the teams long term health! NO WAY! WAAY too much ego for that- especially after having been spurned by Bron and put in his place.

Sam Presti? If he was hired the day after LeBron left would have had Miami back in title contention in 4-5 years...

Riley? your gonna get 3-4 years of not REALLY competing- followed by a harsh, long rebuild. To quote Bill Murray from Ground Hog day-
It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life

That makes no sense.

You don't just give those guys away unless you are going into full rebuild mode.

Very few people still think the Cavs are winning anything either at this point.

So, you might as well stretch K Love and deal Kyrie for Marcus Smart and picks.

See how silly that sounds?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense.

You don't just give those guys away unless you are going into full rebuild mode.

Very few people still think the Cavs are winning anything either at this point.

So, you might as well stretch K Love and deal Kyrie for Marcus Smart and picks.

See how silly that sounds?
what are you talking about? Im SAYING they should have gone into full rebuild mode. I think we can agree that no MATTER WHAT Riley does- the Heat arent winning ANYTHING during these last few years of Bosh and Wades career--- instead of acknowleding and coming to grips with that fact- Riley went into some deep seeded denial. He didnt want to have to go through a rebuild the last few years of his career--- hence- trading as many picks with as little protection as he POSSIBLY could for a half-assed attempt to WIN NOW and not go out a loser presiding over a rebuild.

Hes gonna ride this out as long as he can- and then leave someone else holding the bag- and what could have been a 4-5 year full and total rebuild--- will be 3-4 years of psuedo contending- followed by a HARSH, STINGING, LONG rebuild as a team devoid of assets, its long time president- and its decades long team leadersi nBosh and Wade.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you talking about? Im SAYING they should have gone into full rebuild mode. I think we can agree that no MATTER WHAT Riley does- the Heat arent winning ANYTHING during these last few years of Bosh and Wades career--- instead of acknowleding and coming to grips with that fact- Riley went into some deep seeded denial. He didnt want to have to go through a rebuild the last few years of his career--- hence- trading as many picks with as little protection as he POSSIBLY could for a half-assed attempt to WIN NOW and not go out a loser presiding over a rebuild.

Hes gonna ride this out as long as he can- and then leave someone else holding the bag.

Why should they have done that?

Bosh was not sick at that point.

Just because you have no faith in that roster doesn't mean it can't compete.

Like I said, by your logic, if the Healthy Cavs don't win this year, the Cavs should just blow it up.

Why have a Yankees payroll when you have no prayer of winning.

Who are the better building blocks of the future?

Curry/Thompson/Green, Kawhi/Aldridge or Kyrie/Love?

Hell, I'd take Lillard and McCollum over those hallow stat padders on your roster.

Lillard is the leading man and his team is going to the Postseason.

Kyrie won 34 games in a weak ass East.

So, the Cavs should just blow it up, right?

There is no chance they win this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to ask you the same question.

I like Russ.

But, he needs to dial back the bullshit sometimes.

He has a different set of standards for the Cavs and the rest of the League.

Cavs win a game, they are #Rolling.

A team that he CLAIMS is lesser, inferior and should be dismantled blows the DOORS off the Cavs and he wonders why those fans are so happy about a win in March :gaah:.

You can't have it both ways.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Russ.

But, he needs to dial back the bullshit sometimes.

He has a different set of standards for the Cavs and the rest of the League.

Cavs win a game, they are #Rolling.

A team that he CLAIMS is lesser, inferior and should be dismantled blows the DOORS off the Cavs and he wonders why those fans are so happy about a win in March :gaah:.

You can't have it both ways.

The funniest thing about Wiggy is anytime the Cavs lose he never see their games lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really doesn't even follow the NBA.

He offers super-homer opinions, quotes articles that favor his arguments, then hides when either or both don't go his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.