• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly wonder if u can read--- i could really care less if the Heat won or loss- my whole point was - while LeBron KI and Love are able to rest and it looks like they have home court throughout the East---- Dwayne Wade is racking up a 40 minute night in an OT loss to a crap team. Ill tell ya which scenario I think is better going into the playoffs, lol.... especially for a team like the Heat. While you keep on fighting over seeding- the Cavs are preparing for the REAL seaosn to begin--- all though after last years Heat choke job- you just gotta be happy you are still playing meaningful ball on the cusp of April i guess.

One 39 minute night when he is almost always under 34 minutes won't kill him. It is hilarious the big deal you're making about a 39 minute night on March 30th.

The fact that you continue to compare the Cavs to a team who was never a title contender this year shows what you really think about the Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could u imagine trying to build a franchise with Russel and Whiteside as your cornerstones...lol.....it would make the Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Timberwoles etc. etc. look like a cross between the New England Patriots and San Antonio Spurs.

Talk about having absolutely no chance of winning..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it means LeBron is happy and on the Cavs do whatever....we saw what it was like without LeBron- the Heat see what its like without LeBron.

You go from the toast of the league to being an afterthought also-ran. Pat Riley's pride is gonna mean he goes out a loser his last few years in the league.

Well first of all nobody in their right mind would call Riley a loser, his resume speaks for itself. Now back to the Cavs. How happy is LeBron right now? Those Cavs fans @ the game the other night paid money to see him play & he pulled a fuck-you on them, he should have rested during a road game instead. The Cavs haven't looked the same since they fired Blatt. And I just don't see things getting better before the Playoffs get here. If they don't implode I think they still win the E. But they'll get bitch-slapped by either the Warriors or Spurs in the Finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all nobody in their right mind would call Riley a loser, his resume speaks for itself. Now back to the Cavs. How happy is LeBron right now? Those Cavs fans @ the game the other night paid money to see him play & he pulled a fuck-you to the fans, he should have rested during a road game instead. The Cavs haven't looked the same since they fired Blatt. And I just don't see things getting better before the Playoffs get here. If they don't implode I think they still win the E. But they'll get bitch-slapped by either the Warriors or Spurs in the Finals.
I didnt call Riley a loser- as i have said many times before- his inability to swallow his pride and realize that 99% of the success for those 4 years in Miami came from LeBron, is - in my opinion coupled with Arisons cheapness and Wade and Bosh's advancing age- the primary reasons why LeBron skipped town.

Riley of course will be a hall of famer some day--- but his twilight years are and will continue to be the worst among his long career- and that aint changing------ oh--- i forgot- Durant is coming to Miami- Whiteside will sign for a discount- the Heat will finagle an under the table handshake deal with Wade- and Bosh will be fine...lol....either that- OR- DWade and co. have played in their last Conference Finals and its all down hill from when Bron left.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all nobody in their right mind would call Riley a loser, his resume speaks for itself. Now back to the Cavs. How happy is LeBron right now? Those Cavs fans @ the game the other night paid money to see him play & he pulled a fuck-you on them, he should have rested during a road game instead. The Cavs haven't looked the same since they fired Blatt. And I just don't see things getting better before the Playoffs get here. If they don't implode I think they still win the E. But they'll get bitch-slapped by either the Warriors or Spurs in the Finals.
you are certainly entitled to your opinion. As for the "B" slapping---
A. after the Cavs went to 6 games with the Warriors last year with an exhausted LeBron (who was not in near as good as physical shape then as he is now),

B. Love and Irving of course back and healthy, -

C. and the rest of the additions (Frye, Mo Williams, Richard Jeff instead of Miller, Marion, Haywood)-

D. PLUS another year of playing together

its hard for me to believe they will be "B" slapped....but we shall see wont we?

also- as for the Blatt stuff- a quick check of posts will see that when Blatt was let go- it was expected that the Cavs defense would suffer in the short term. There was a huge monumental task Lue was trying to do----- get the team out of the habit of ALWAYS fallng back on ISO ball when times got tough. Lue - at the expense wins at times- has let his guys figure it out- not calling timeouts when guys start looking at the bench- not letting his guys fall back on the ISO ball- getting the ball to move around the perimeter and stop sticking if an initial action is denied.

Without Lue changing that fundamental flaw of this team- in my opinion they couldnt have won. Now its time to start building back up.

Its one of the reasons i didnt like Blatt. Blatt treated the regular season as way too important for the type of team he was coaching. Lue has treated the regular season as a way to PREPARE for the post season- like some of the coaches he has played for or coached with - like Phil Jackson, or Pop or the Van Gundys or NUMEROUS more.

to me that was the MOST important thing Lue brought to the table- a mentality that the regular season is to be used to get ready for the post season- not to try and win every single game possible while scrapping your system when things get tough and reverting back to iso ball.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly wonder if u can read--- i could really care less if the Heat won or loss- my whole point was - while LeBron KI and Love are able to rest and it looks like they have home court throughout the East---- Dwayne Wade is racking up a 40 minute night in an OT loss to a crap team. Ill tell ya which scenario I think is better going into the playoffs, lol.... especially for a team like the Heat. While you keep on fighting over seeding- the Cavs are preparing for the REAL seaosn to begin--- all though after last years Heat choke job- you just gotta be happy you are still playing meaningful ball on the cusp of April i guess.

1. Why does James need all of this rest if he's never been fresher or healthier?
2. THEY LOST because he rested. Opponents know Cavs are garbage without James. You don't think they will try their best to make those others beat them?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are certainly entitled to your opinion. As for the "B" slapping---
A. after the Cavs went to 6 games with the Warriors last year with an exhausted LeBron (who was not in near as good as physical shape then as he is now),

B. Love and Irving of course back and healthy, -

C. and the rest of the additions (Frye, Mo Williams, Richard Jeff instead of Miller, Marion, Haywood)-

D. PLUS another year of playing together

E. I don't care.:nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still waiting on the Kyrie injury you predicted. lol...

Im hoping to God he stays healthy so the excuse train stops, BUT, talk about the kiss of death.
Maybe playing just half a season is what it will take for his body to hold up?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why does James need all of this rest if he's never been fresher or healthier?

I think Duh King is a jackass but hasn't he logged more minutes since entering the league than anyone else? Just about all players take some games off during the regular season. If you only have an issue w/ LeBron taking games off that's hypocritical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duh King is a jackass but hasn't he logged more minutes since entering the league than anyone else? Just about all players take some games off during the regular season. If you only have an issue w/ LeBron taking games off that's hypocritical.
LeBron on rest: 'I'm always hardheaded about sitting'

"I mean, I'm always hardheaded about sitting out games," James said Thursday morning after shootaround in advance of the Cavs' game against the Brooklyn Nets. "Especially when I know how great I felt this year, knowing I could play 82 if I needed it. But I trusted the guys here. I trusted Coach [Tyronn] Lue and the coaching staff and also the training staff and I went with it.

"So, it's benefited me personally -- both physically and mentally. I've been able to go every game this year and that's a great feeling for myself. Knowing how many miles I've put on my body, how many minutes I've put on my body throughout my career and know that physically, I've felt great for this season. So, I'm OK with it."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron on rest: 'I'm always hardheaded about sitting'

"I mean, I'm always hardheaded about sitting out games," James said Thursday morning after shootaround in advance of the Cavs' game against the Brooklyn Nets. "Especially when I know how great I felt this year, knowing I could play 82 if I needed it. But I trusted the guys here. I trusted Coach [Tyronn] Lue and the coaching staff and also the training staff and I went with it.

"So, it's benefited me personally -- both physically and mentally. I've been able to go every game this year and that's a great feeling for myself. Knowing how many miles I've put on my body, how many minutes I've put on my body throughout my career and know that physically, I've felt great for this season. So, I'm OK with it."

tl-dr_o_764929.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it means LeBron is happy and on the Cavs do whatever....we saw what it was like without LeBron- the Heat see what its like without LeBron.

You go from the toast of the league to being an afterthought also-ran. Pat Riley's pride is gonna mean he goes out a loser his last few years in the league.

The Cavs without Lebron and the Heat without Lebron are two totally different things. The Cavs won 19,21,24, and 33 games pre Lebron Decision Part 2. They won 32,30, 29, and 17 games before Lebron got drafted. In their last 8 years without Lebron they never won more than 33 games in a season

Miami on the other hand are on their way to a 47-49 win season in year 2 without Lebron. In the 4 years before Lebron came here they won 44,15, 43, and 47 games. Making the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years.

Please don't ever compare the Heat without Lebron to the Cavs without Lebron. The Heat are clearly the better franchise. There's really no debate here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs without Lebron and the Heat without Lebron are two totally different things. The Cavs won 19,21,24, and 33 games pre Lebron Decision Part 2. They won 32,30, 29, and 17 games before Lebron got drafted. In their last 8 years without Lebron they never won more than 33 games in a season

Miami on the other hand are on their way to a 47-49 win season in year 2 without Lebron. In the 4 years before Lebron came here they won 44,15, 43, and 47 games. Making the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years.

Please don't ever compare the Heat without Lebron to the Cavs without Lebron. The Heat are clearly the better franchise. There's really no debate here.
what you fail to take into account is that 4 years after LeBron leaves the Heat- the Heat are going to be in total and complete dissaray--- Riley will be retired and the draft picks he squandered on Dragic will be owed....Bosh and Wade will be gone.....itll be Justice Winslow and thats about it. Not only that- but what will the Heat have for those 4 years of trying to contend when they really know they had no chance to do so? MAYBE a playoff series win or two?

The Cavs after 4 years of post-LeBron had tons of cap room, tons of draft picks, and tons of good young players to start their next run. They chose to rebuild--- Miami has chosen to foolishly try to compete with a roster that cant compete.

The Heat will have a MUCH longer, much more painful rebuild considering all the picks they have dealt- not only that- but its not like you will look back on these last 4 years as anything more than- at BEST mediocre- at WORST- one of the lesser teams in the East.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you fail to take into account is that 4 years after LeBron leaves the Heat- the Heat are going to be in total and complete dissaray--- Riley will be retired and the draft picks he squandered on Dragic will be owed....Bosh and Wade will be gone.....itll be Justice Winslow and thats about it. Not only that- but what will the Heat have for those 4 years of trying to contend when they really know they had no chance to do so? MAYBE a playoff series win or two?

The Cavs after 4 years of post-LeBron had tons of cap room, tons of draft picks, and tons of good young players to start their next run. They chose to rebuild--- Miami has chosen to foolishly try to compete with a roster that cant compete.

The Heat will have a MUCH longer, much more painful rebuild considering all the picks they have dealt- not only that- but its not like you will look back on these last 4 years as anything more than- at BEST mediocre- at WORST- one of the lesser teams in the East.

Highly doubt it. The Heat always been fine with or without Lebron. They have been the best overall franchise in the East for the last 20 years or so. The only reason why the Cavs are where they're at now is because Lebron is from Ohio. If Lebron was from Texas or something, they would still be a shit franchise 6 years later still stuck in the draft lottery daily.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft picks doesn't mean much unless you hit on a superstar. You have a much better chance of building your team through trades and free agency then hoping you hit the jack pot in the draft and the guy you draft end up being a superstar. I can count on one hand the # of superstars who got drafted since 2008.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have IMMEDIATELY dealt Bosh after LeBron left...you couldve got very good value for him....who knows-- maybe you could have got something pretty good for Wade too...

The Heat could well already be on their way to a nice collection of draft picks, young players and cap space.

Instead- they thought it was more important to be psuedo contenders- really win nothing- and then go through a total shit storm of a rebuild once Riley rides off into the sunset effectively crippling the team with his last ditch attempt to win something in his golden years- since everything he won those previous 4 years is 99.9999% owed/attributable to LeBron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did I say I had any issue?
I was pointing out that they are hot garbage without him.
I get he got 4 days off, but he also allowed Toronto hang around for the 1 seed, and they own the tiebreaker if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.