• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, the Cavs are 5-1 against the Clippers, Spurs and Thunder this season.

LOL way to include the Spurs to make your argument look better.

They're 4-0 vs the Clippers and OKC.

1-1 vs the Spurs

The Cavs can/will beat OKC & LAC in a series. This is no surprise. Problem is they're likely to face the Spurs or Warriors in the finals

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Channing Frye was a great pickup for the Cavs to compete against other teams, other than the Warriors. Hear me out...

The Warriors in the playoffs will likely use their small lineup, sans Bogut or Ezeli, for longer stretches than we've seen this year. Frye is a great option to have at the 5 to stretch the court, however, when the Warriors go small their greatest strength is their perimeter defense. They switch on everything and will negate the impact Frye could potentially have. If he's in there against Bogut and Ezeli, yes he'll have a larger impact. The problem is the Warriors will be ready for this. Barnes would be more than capable of guarding Frye because he's not a threat inside. Draymond will match up on Love, Iguodala on Lebron, Klay on Kyrie.

For playing the Spurs, the pickup was great. The Warriors can easily put a superior lineup on the court without Bogut, but the Spurs cannot replicate what Duncan does for them both offensively and defensively. If he's on the court, there's no way he can guard Frye from the perimeter.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would mean Love would be out??? :noidea:

Lebron was willing to bench Love or Tristan for Joe Johnson.

So, why not?

Pau would start at Center.....

But, it can't hAppen unless Pau takes the vet minimum.

Doubtful.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Memphis.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LmfAo.....what a deceptive post.

Someone already busted you out for it.

So, I will abstain.
i didnt even write that- it was directly copied and pasted from either espn or cleveland.com- obviously look at the hyper links! lol.

it is true though....

and ill tell ya- Cleveland has an AMAZING record against the West the last 2 years--- dont blame them for the imbalance!

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Channing Frye was a great pickup for the Cavs to compete against other teams, other than the Warriors. Hear me out...

The Warriors in the playoffs will likely use their small lineup, sans Bogut or Ezeli, for longer stretches than we've seen this year. Frye is a great option to have at the 5 to stretch the court, however, when the Warriors go small their greatest strength is their perimeter defense. They switch on everything and will negate the impact Frye could potentially have. If he's in there against Bogut and Ezeli, yes he'll have a larger impact. The problem is the Warriors will be ready for this. Barnes would be more than capable of guarding Frye because he's not a threat inside. Draymond will match up on Love, Iguodala on Lebron, Klay on Kyrie.

For playing the Spurs, the pickup was great. The Warriors can easily put a superior lineup on the court without Bogut, but the Spurs cannot replicate what Duncan does for them both offensively and defensively. If he's on the court, there's no way he can guard Frye from the perimeter.

I agree with people that the Cavs best lineup this year will probably be with Lebron at the 4. With this lineup -- if they spread the floor with Love/Frye, there will be a ton of penetration space for Lebron & Kyrie -- and hopefully more post space for Lebron and Love. Other times, they'll use TT at 5 -- then more TT pick&rolls instead of spacing & penetration.

I still think the ball stops too often. Also -- they won't consistently shoot like yesterday.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt even write that- it was directly copied and pasted from either espn or cleveland.com- obviously look at the hyper links! lol.

it is true though....

and ill tell ya- Cleveland has an AMAZING record against the West the last 2 years--- dont blame them for the imbalance!

Okay...lol

I think the Heat, with Bosh, could push the Cavs in the East.....

I thought the Wizards would be a factor. But, they look awful.

Charlotte is a feel good story.

But, the ECF IS the floor for the Cavs.

Ironically, game 5 of the Finals might be their ceiling

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with people that the Cavs best lineup this year will probably be with Lebron at the 4. With this lineup -- if they spread the floor with Love/Frye, there will be a ton of penetration space for Lebron & Kyrie -- and hopefully more post space for Lebron and Love. Other times, they'll use TT at 5 -- then more TT pick&rolls instead of spacing & penetration.

I still think the ball stops too often. Also -- they won't consistently shoot like yesterday.
the good thing i have been seeing is the Cavs pushing the ball- looking for early offense- and if its not there- they start swinging the ball a lot better than they used to and movingi t.........the biggest habit they had to get off of was the ball sticking once their break and first option is denied- and i think that is the main thing Lue has really been working on--- and they are getting better at it...all the threes the last 2 games have been an effect- largely in part- of moving the ball better.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LmfAo.....what a deceptive post.

Someone already busted you out for it.

So, I will abstain.

How the hell is saying that the Cavs are 5 - 1 vs the Clippers, Thunder, & Spurs deceptive???

Because they are 1 - 1 against the Spurs?? Give me a break.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is saying that the Cavs are 5 - 1 vs the Clippers, Thunder, & Spurs deceptive???

Because they are 1 - 1 against the Spurs?? Give me a break.

You answered your own question...lol

The Thunder and Clippers account for all those wins except 1.

Saying they are 1-1 against the Spurs looks a bit different, huh?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Wiggy did not want to get slam, he would have been better off just stating that they're 4-0 vs OKC & LAC.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's deceptive... than any grouping of record against any group of teams is deceptive.

If I see that an Eastern team is 5 - 1 against 3 westerns teams... it is immediately obvious that they went 1 - 1 against one of those teams. There's nothing remotely hidden or deceptive about that.

It'd be one thing if someone combined an 0-4 record with a a bunch of 3 - 0 records and came up with something like "15 - 4 against these 6 teams". Combining two 2 - 0's with a 1 - 1 is not even close to deceptive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's deceptive... than any grouping of record against any group of teams is deceptive.

If I see that an Eastern team is 5 - 1 against 3 westerns teams... it is immediately obvious that they went 1 - 1 against one of those teams. There's nothing hidden or deceptive about that.

It'd be one thing if someone combined an 0-4 record with a a bunch of 3 - 0 records and came up with something like "15 - 4 against these 6 teams". Combining two 2 - 0's with a 1 - 1 is not even close to deceptive.

It is deceptive. He wants to come off as they have dominated those 3 teams. There was no need to include the Spurs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

He says he copied it somewhere else.

Regardless, it's misleading.

It is the furthest thing from misleading.

Please enlighten me as to what someone is going to incorrectly assume by seeing that stat?

Oh no! Maybe someone will see that and think the Cavs went 1-1 vs the Thunder and 2 - 0 vs the Spurs. The travesty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.