• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's deceptive... than any grouping of record against any group of teams is deceptive.

If I see that an Eastern team is 5 - 1 against 3 westerns teams... it is immediately obvious that they went 1 - 1 against one of those teams. There's nothing hidden or deceptive about that.

It'd be one thing if someone combined an 0-4 record with a a bunch of 3 - 0 records and came up with something like "15 - 4 against these 6 teams". Combining two 2 - 0's with a 1 - 1 is not even close to deceptive.

Dude, puuuuuhlease.

It is misleading.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the furthest thing from misleading.

Please enlighten me as to what someone is going to incorrectly assume by seeing that stat?

Oh no! Maybe someone will see that and think the Cavs went 1-1 vs the Thunder and 2 - 0 vs the Spurs. The travesty!!!
ohh the humanity!!!! make it stop!!!

if you look at that stat too long- its like looking at hte ark of the covenant in Indiana Jones--- your face will melt off! beware!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the furthest thing from misleading.

Please enlighten me as to what someone is going to incorrectly assume by seeing that stat?

Oh no! Maybe someone will see that and think the Cavs went 1-1 vs the Thunder and 2 - 0 vs the Spurs. The travesty!!!

Clearly the clarification is causing you some discomfort.

You should probably pause to figure out why you are being so sensitive.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, puuuuuhlease.

It is misleading.

Not. even. fucking. close.

For being a combined record stat... that stat could not be more explicitly clear. 2 - 0 against 2 of the teams. 1 - 1 against the other.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the clarification is causing you some discomfort.

You should probably pause to figure out why you are being so sensitive.

Don't confuse my being direct with being defensive. Very rarely do I see things as black and white. When I do... like in this case... I'm going to call it out as being wrong. Just another opinion that I'm directly expressing.

You guys are calling a 5 - 1 record against 3 teams who each played 2 games deceptive and misleading.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't confuse my being direct with being defensive. Very rarely do I see things as black and white. When I do... like in this case... I'm going to call it out as being completely wrong.

You guys are calling a 5 - 1 record against 3 teams who each played 2 games deceptive and misleading.
i mean- not only that- but its not coincedene htose teams were picked---- i think its a fairly compelling consensus that those are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best teams in the West--- and besides the Cavs--- probably the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best teams in the NBA....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't confuse my being direct with being defensive. Very rarely do I see things as black and white. When I do... like in this case... I'm going to call it out as being wrong. Just another opinion that I'm directly expressing.

You are totally sensitive to any perceived slight.

Including the Spurs is like me saying the Cavs have been outscored by 10 against the Clippers and Warriors.

But, they beat the Clippers by 20 and lost to the Warriors by 30.

Misleading.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally sensitive to any perceived slight.
Completely disagree.

I don't even care about any slight towards the Cavs. The Cavs are 1 - 1 against the Spurs. 0 - 2 against the Warriors. Blown out at home and put to shame by the Warriors. Are thus far an inferior to the Spurs and the Warriors. Lost to a team of d-leaguers in Memphis. Got embarrassed by the Blazers without Lillard. I could go on and on. Those are all facts. I have no interest in hiding from any of Cleveland's failures or shortcomings.

This really is just about the question as to whether citing the Cavs as 5 - 1 against LAC, OKC, & SAS is deceptive.

Including the Spurs is like me saying the Cavs have been outscored by 10 against the Clippers and Warriors.

But, they beat the Clippers by 20 and lost to the Warriors by 30.

Misleading.

I mean, that is a little misleading. But there's no way to look at that stat and say "Oh ok they had a 20 point win and 30 point loss".

When you look at the 5 - 1 record, on the other hand, it is immediately and blatantly obvious that the Cavs went 1-1 against somebody.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree.

I don't even care about any slight towards the Cavs. The Cavs are 1 - 1 against the Spurs. 0 - 2 against the Warriors. Blown out at home and put to shame by the Warriors. Are thus far an inferior to the Spurs and the Warriors. Lost to a team of d-leaguers in Memphis. Got embarrassed by the Blazers without Lillard. I could go on and on. Those are all facts. I have no interest in hiding from any of Cleveland's failures or shortcomings.

This really is just about the question as to whether citing the Cavs as 5 - 1 against LAC, OKC, & SAS is deceptive.

I mean, that is a little misleading. But there's no way to look at that stat and say "Oh ok they had a 20 point win and 30 point loss".

When you look at the 5 - 1 record, on the other hand, it is immediately and blatantly obvious that the Cavs went 1-1 against somebody.

No, my example was over the top, intentionally, to prove a point.

Including the Warriors in my comparison changes the perception of the statement.

The initial post did the same thing because it makes it look like the Cavs have dominated 3 teams and that is not actually the case.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my example was over the top, intentionally, to prove a point.

Including the Warriors in my comparison changes the perception of the statement.

The initial post did the same thing because it makes it look like the Cavs have dominated 3 teams and that is not actually the case.

Ok, well rather than continue to:deadhorse:... I'll just :suds: and we can move on.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well rather than continue to:deadhorse:... I'll just :suds: and we can move on.

Okay.

I apologize if you found anything I said offensive.

I can joke around with Russ on a different level because we have been going at it for years.

Sometimes it's ugly, other times we smoke a peace pipe.

So, I don't have to sensor myself with him.

But, you and I are not as familiar with one another.

So again.....apologies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was willing to bench Love or Tristan for Joe Johnson.

So, why not?

Pau would start at Center.....

But, it can't hAppen unless Pau takes the vet minimum.

Doubtful.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Memphis.
Makes sense...and at this point I think LBJ is willing to try anything that would help him win. As currently constructed they're on course to win the East but not a title.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense...and at this point I think LBJ is willing to try anything that would help him win. As currently constructed they're on course to win the East but not a title.

The Warriors look unstoppable and the Spurs are lulling everyone into a false sense of security.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's deceptive... than any grouping of record against any group of teams is deceptive.

If I see that an Eastern team is 5 - 1 against 3 westerns teams... it is immediately obvious that they went 1 - 1 against one of those teams. There's nothing remotely hidden or deceptive about that.

It'd be one thing if someone combined an 0-4 record with a a bunch of 3 - 0 records and came up with something like "15 - 4 against these 6 teams". Combining two 2 - 0's with a 1 - 1 is not even close to deceptive.
I think the deception comes because the Spurs are playing so much better than either the Clips or OKC. At least that's how I see it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.

I apologize if you found anything I said offensive.

I can joke around with Russ on a different level because we have been going at it for years.

Sometimes it's ugly, other times we smoke a peace pipe.

So, I don't have to sensor myself with him.

But, you and I are not as familiar with one another.

So again.....apologies.

Oh no, no. Not at all. Nothing wrong with disagreeing.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the deception comes because the Spurs are playing so much better than either the Clips or OKC. At least that's how I see it.

OK, I can see that the grouping itself of those 3 teams is a little odd because they are on different levels right now.

Would probably be more meaningful to point out that the Cavs are 1 - 3 vs the Warriors and Spurs and 4 - 0 vs the Clips and Thunder... because that is the natural breakdown of the "tiers" in the Western Conference.

I would describe it more as "less meaningful" than "deceptive", though.

Maybe that's what @Mecca and @bksballer89 were trying to tell me, but I was too fixated on the easily disected breakdown of the 5 - 1 record to hear them.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I can see that the grouping itself of those 3 teams is a little odd because they are on different levels right now.

Would probably be more meaningful to point out that the Cavs are 1 - 3 vs the Warriors and Spurs and 4 - 0 vs the Clips and Thunder.

I would describe it more as "less meaningful" than "deceptive", though.

Maybe that's what @Mecca and @bksballer89 were trying to tell me, but I was too fixated on the easily disected breakdown of the 5 - 1 record to hear them.
Yes...this is a better way to explain it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, not at all. Nothing wrong with disagreeing.

:suds:

Cool...Sometimes I can display ass hole like tendencies and not even know it...lol

looks like Ben Simmons is signing with Rich Paul- chose LeBron's company to represent him.

lets force him to Cleveland 4 years from now Rich!!!! :) give the Sixers or Lakers or Phoenix 4 years and come play with a 28 year old KI, 31 year old Love, 36 year old LeBron

Some people may not like the way his entourage has infiltrated the Cavs Organization, or various aspects of the NBA.

But, I have to give him props.

Instead of giving Dudes handouts, he has put them in a position to be successful , long-term, by creating business, getting them paid positions with the Team.

Maybe those opportunities wouldn't have been possible had they not been for with Lebron.

But, he has put them in a great position to be able to stand on their own 2 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.