• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rumor Thread

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is another shoulder issue away from being the next Ryan Anderson. He is 21 with shoulder problems, that is not a good situation at all for a pitcher. Odds of him ever being another Felix are about 5% at best. If you can deal him for a proven MLB vet, then you do it. Don't let bad trades of the past scare you off from doing what needs to be done. Paxton and his injury problems aren't that far behind and you sure can't have two of them as your 'future'.

Both solid points. All Walker is as of now is hope and potential. Despite a bad series this team is still 1.5 games up on Wild Card spot. The people chasing them Royals(Vargas hurt, Gordon Hurt, Ventura/Duffy innings limit), the Yankees (Tanaka Shelved), the Blue Jays (Lawrie, Encarncion, Lind hurt) and the Indians (Masterson, Bourn hurt) all have major issues right now. It will be tough to find a year that lines up better then this one to make a run at a Wild Card spot. It may only take 88 wins. I don't know if the potential of Walker is worth passing up an opportunity to acquire a difference maker. Not saying you try hard to get rid of Walker but he should by no means be untouchable.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that shoulder issues plague most pitchers throughout their career. Right shoulder impingement is not a very serious issue and shouldnt be a chronic thing.....

If you want to know the truth....EVERY pitcher is one shoulder issue away from being shit....You don't trade your #1 prospect for a guy that will pitch for 2 months for you then leave.....probably right back to Tampa.

But you dumb shit, preexisting shoulder issues make it even more likely to reoccur. And at age 21, it is even greater concern. I don't remember you being on here before and I hope I don't see you on here any more. Go away.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both solid points. All Walker is as of now is hope and potential. Despite a bad series this team is still 1.5 games up on Wild Card spot. The people chasing them Royals(Vargas hurt, Gordon Hurt, Ventura/Duffy innings limit), the Yankees (Tanaka Shelved), the Blue Jays (Lawrie, Encarncion, Lind hurt) and the Indians (Masterson, Bourn hurt) all have major issues right now. It will be tough to find a year that lines up better then this one to make a run at a Wild Card spot. It may only take 88 wins. I don't know if the potential of Walker is worth passing up an opportunity to acquire a difference maker. Not saying you try hard to get rid of Walker but he should by no means be untouchable.

Exactly. You don't deal him for Byrd, but if Price or a stud hitter comes about then you say it has been fun and good luck.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not untouchable but you don't trade him for Price as he doesn't want to be a Mariner, probably will pitch shitty while here (uninspired) and leave (probably back to Tampa) at the end of the year....

Walker and Franklin for Kemp or Ethier would be good as long as the dodgers eat some salary....

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you dumb shit, preexisting shoulder issues make it even more likely to reoccur. And at age 21, it is even greater concern. I don't remember you being on here before and I hope I don't see you on here any more. Go away.

Way to make it personal....

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You fucking idiot....Almost EVERY pitcher that throws a baseball has some kind of shoulder or arm issue at some point...alot of them very early.
So by your logic, working through issues is a fucking moot point right? Did you know that Felix had arm issues right before he signed his $175 million contract? Good thing we didn't freak out and trade him huh? In fact, i remember people on this site calling to trade him because his ceiling was never higher.

You are so fucking dumb....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not untouchable but you don't trade him for Price as he doesn't want to be a Mariner, probably will pitch shitty while here (uninspired) and leave (probably back to Tampa) at the end of the year....

Walker and Franklin for Kemp or Ethier would be good as long as the dodgers eat some salary....

I don't believe that he doesn't want to be a Mariner. Im guessing your basing that off the "I wont sign an extension" quote he had last winter. He wouldn't have signed one then with any team. That quote didn't have anything to do with M's. As for pitching shitt and uninspired, why would a guy pitching for the payday of his life do that. He definitely isn't staying in Tampa beyond next year.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Seattle would they try to trade for a guy who doesn't want to be here heh. (Byrd)

That way we can get that "well we tried" speech after nothing gets done to help the team.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for pitching shitt and uninspired, why would a guy pitching for the payday of his life do that. He definitely isn't staying in Tampa beyond next year.

I think he has locked up his payday......

and he has said he has no interest playing for the mariners.....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walker has already "worked through" his condition. experts have talked about how his delivery has changed completely as a result.

that's not true of felix before his new contract, so the comparison isn't very good.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he has said he has no interest playing for the mariners.....

Where/when did he say that? Please post something regarding it. I have to see it to believe it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that got out of hand quickly.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Price isn't a free agent until after 2015, so the M's are guaranteed to have him the rest of this year and next year, even if it goes to arbitration.

And he's a professional who takes pride in his work, so he will pitch as well as he can until 2016, when he's going to get a mega contract.

Something tells me he'd like Safeco since he's, you know, a pitcher. Maybe I'm just a little crazy, though.

I worry about any trade that Z will do, don't get me wrong.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mariners are going to trade a guy like Walker, it should be done with the intention of improving the team both now and for the future, not because you think he's going to be injury prone in the future. He's 21 years old and his mechanics can be fixed to lessen any worries about mechanics-related injuries. They don't need to panic trade him.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 21 years old and his mechanics can be fixed to lessen any worries about mechanics-related injuries.
they already have been fixed.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyhoo, byrd's no-trade clause having the m's on it doesn't mean a whole lot, imo. he's with the phillies, and he and his agent can decide to waive it. he'd be a very nice addition.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyhoo, byrd's no-trade clause having the m's on it doesn't mean a whole lot, imo. he's with the phillies, and he and his agent can decide to waive it. he'd be a very nice addition.

I agree, I too think he would be a nice addition. Although it seems most on this site don't find him much of an upgrade, someone please explain?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. No where in there does it say he does not want to play for the Mariners. It says "he would not consider an extension with them at the time." Those are two entirely different things which is what I was referring to earlier.

2. That article is from December 2013. At the time it was assumed the Rays would compete for a playoff spot and the M's would not. Now its obviously the complete opposite. Its entirely possible he has changed his opinion in the last 8 months. I honestly have no idea what his opinion is now on it because I have not seen him say anything regarding it.