• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rose Bowl

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about just offense.

On defense we only return two starters but that's a good thing. We're young and unproven on D, but Bo is on record saying this is the deepest most athletic D he's had since being here. Soft schedule on the front end will allow for playing a lot of guys and getting good experience. Come November if he can get them going look out.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Nebraska wasn't up to Ohio States level last year, and they're clearly further behind this year.

We'll probably find out in Indy.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO UofM is over ranked as usual. They get the benefit of being Michigan and that really helps when bowls go looking for at large teams. But.....

UofM is returning 10 starters...10 and that does not invoke a lot of confidence. They also do no sport any one unit that is top 3-5 in the nation. Although Taylor Lewan very well could be the best tackle in college football this year.

The receiving unit is untested and if Devon Gardner doesn't improve his accuracy 4 losses might be on the low side. D- Rob and Gardner were just awful passing the football and looked to run way to often.

With that being said Gardner should be considered a returning starter as he did see a lot of games after D-Rob went down. He also is incredibly athletic and if he has improved his accuracy he could be the best QB in the B1G. A lot will depend on how Martinez and Miller perform as well.

OSU was undefeated and should have gone to the NCG, due to being undefeated. I don't believe for a second they were better than Alabama but again I don't think anyone else was either. OSU was not a dominant team and got some breaks last year so I would not classify them as unbeatable in the Big House. Nebraska and Whisky are both solid teams but again they get Nebraska at home and only face Whisky if they make it to the B1G championship.

MSU is always tough and Iowa at Iowa is tough for anyone.

Overall even being a UofM homer they go 9-3 at best and if Gardner is bad they go 7-5. UofM is a year away. Hoke has built a great o-line through recruiting and with his kids getting experience I expect much better things starting 2014.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now lets think back to the last time Michigan has been relevant in the NCG discussion. Tough to remember for me too.

2006, but I know, 7 years is sooooooooooo long ago and in the ancient past. :rollseyes:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the people writing Ohio State off are in for a huge rude awakening.....especially michigan fans

This is a team that averaged 37 PPG in their first year in a new offense......and all of their skill players (not to mention 4 oline starters) are back plus they added some explosive freshmen....you really think they are not going to improve any?

"Writing off," is too strong a statement. Ohio State will be good and will win the Leaders division, but 12-0 good again? I think not.

Rather it is the Ohio States folks (with the rest of the CFB world it appears) seem to be writing off Michigan.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a 4 team race. An argument can be made for all the teams we discussed. You just never know what could happen with injuries and fluke games. That's the beauty of cfb.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'll agree. This season will be interesting, could be great or a 3-4 loss season.

Concur, though IMHO 9-3 is the absolute basement for team 134.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a 4 team race. An argument can be made for all the teams we discussed. You just never know what could happen with injuries and fluke games. That's the beauty of cfb.

Agreed. The two favorites for the Legends are Nebraska and Michigan, with MSU and Northwestern right on their heels.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MU loses Gardner they're done. Shane Morris ain't winning the division. If OSU loses miller their title hopes are done. Same for Nebraska w/ Martinez.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MU loses Gardner they're done. Shane Morris ain't winning the division. If OSU loses miller their title hopes are done. Same for Nebraska w/ Martinez.

I think OSU needs Miller to play well all year long as I think the B1G is tougher this year than last. I also think he is prone to a serious meltdown. A meltdown for Gardner and a loss does not ruin UofM's season. OSU is looking at the NCG.

Nebraska is somewhat in the middle but I think Martinez could be the best passer of the 3.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU was lucky as fuck last year. You said it. B1G is tougher this year. I don't see them going undefeated. They could be better this year and still drop a game or two.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU was lucky as fuck last year. You said it. B1G is tougher this year. I don't see them going undefeated. They could be better this year and still drop a game or two.

That really isn't saying anything, the B1G was embarrassingly bad last year. With that being said, the conference will be greatly improved. Have about 4-6 pretty good teams this season, hopefully can revive the competitive spirit up north. Look forward to seeing at least a few good ones from the B1G.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like say (and this is purely hypothetical) the SEC went the next 3 years without a national title. The unconditional SEC dick riding would cease entirely.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit Brasky you know it's gunna be Utah vs Braska in the Rose! Calm down this is justa prediction! But ya know what I went there bitches.