• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #3 NE Patriots vs Washington Commanders Sunday Aug. 25, 2024 8:00 PM (TBD)

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the real deal.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD Pats!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over excited, yes, but great drive led by Maye. They were stuck way back at he 10-yard line or so, 3rd and 18, no problem, runs for a 1st down. Loving it!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye using the pocket well. Looks like the real deal.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye looked pretty good. You can see him getting better every week of the preseason.

Dial even though he’s a rookie is the worst DB I’ve ever seen. Atrocious last week and maybe even worse tonight.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep at 7-3 and woke up after the game was over. I had a hard time believing the final score was 20-10 and they lost.
I've been watching all of the screw ups in the second half. Backup defensive back should probably be working at a car wash since they like grabbing cloth.

7 penalties in first half on the offensive line, three on Oakafor. How stupid can a human be? He lined up incorrectly once and got called. Then he does it again, only the second time it cost the team a TD. So what does he do? He makes up for it with two more holding calls. After the debacle against the Eagles, Leverett still screwed up three snaps.

Seriously, Kraft should take Wolfe aside tell him, "I'm paying you to put a sellable product on the field. Elliot, find a LT before Tuesday who can play the position and has experience playing the position. I'll give you two names to contact.
  • Donovan Smith
  • David Bakhtiari
Call up some kid that didn't get drafted this year who played center at any Div. I college."

Then say, "If you can't sign anyone, then have a signed resignation on my desk, Wednesday morning."

I hate the comment, "The offensive line needs some fine tuning." It needs some NFL level players.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondly. How many passes got dropped or completely missed last night? C'mon guys. You're two steps in front of a defender or all by yourself and you can't bring a pass?? Talk about drive killers.

Hey, Milton. You're 6'5" and on two series in a row you get a pass deflected by a 6'3" DL??? C'mon man...................

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep at 7-3 and woke up after the game was over. I had a hard time believing the final score was 20-10 and they lost.
I've been watching all of the screw ups in the second half. Backup defensive back should probably be working at a car wash since they like grabbing cloth.

7 penalties in first half on the offensive line, three on Oakafor. How stupid can a human be? He lined up incorrectly once and got called. Then he does it again, only the second time it cost the team a TD. So what does he do? He makes up for it with two more holding calls. After the debacle against the Eagles, Leverett still screwed up three snaps.

Seriously, Kraft should take Wolfe aside tell him, "I'm paying you to put a sellable product on the field. Elliot, find a LT before Tuesday who can play the position and has experience playing the position. I'll give you two names to contact.
  • Donovan Smith
  • David Bakhtiari
Call up some kid that didn't get drafted this year who played center at any Div. I college."

Then say, "If you can't sign anyone, then have a signed resignation on my desk, Wednesday morning."

I hate the comment, "The offensive line needs some fine tuning." It needs some NFL level players.

I shut the game off with the pats still up in the 4th … they were fine for this trash game, Washington didn’t play a lot of their starters according to Collingsworth … Pats are continuing their indifference to preseasons scores … however, I still see no sign of life for this OL

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Maye is this. Has he thus far shown he is an NFL caliber QB? Yes. Is he week one ready? Maybe. Has he surpassed Jacoby? I think so. Will he make rookie mistakes when facing first team defenses? Yes. We all know a decision must be made, and we all know this is not a playoff caliber team. I feel for the long term the team would be best suited to play the rookies, let them all get and gain that NFL experience. This being said I feel like the Pats will start Jacobe week 1, not that he is the better QB but he is the more experienced QB.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Maye is this. Has he thus far shown he is an NFL caliber QB? Yes. Is he week one ready? Maybe. Has he surpassed Jacoby? I think so. Will he make rookie mistakes when facing first team defenses? Yes. We all know a decision must be made, and we all know this is not a playoff caliber team. I feel for the long term the team would be best suited to play the rookies, let them all get and gain that NFL experience. This being said I feel like the Pats will start Jacobe week 1, not that he is the better QB but he is the more experienced QB.

… maybe the question, then, would be if Maye can gain anything sitting on the bench watching and learning from Brissett? … not to make a foolish comparison, but the late great QB 12 had Bledsoe as his mentor

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Donovan Smith
  • David Bakhtiari

Is losing a game that doesn't count really losing? Any path to getting better (without putting a real L on the board) is a win to me. But was it a path to improvement? Only the staff and players would know that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is losing a game that doesn't count really losing? Any path to getting better (without putting a real L on the board) is a win to me. But was it a path to improvement? Only the staff and players would know that.
Yes a lose is a lose, Mr. Participation Trophy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One must measure improvement by acknowledging that previous mistakes and performance have lessened. There were two previous games and neither had seven offensive line penalties in the fist half. Granted, Okafor was not playing LT as he was last night. Then again, he was placed in a circumstance by the coaching staff where he was not familiar. He was removed and replaced by Wallace who didn't play quite as badly, but was still inadequate.

From my position, there has been no improvement by the OL. As it was set last night, it was worse than previous performances.

You may not like the guys I mentioned earlier, Bakhtari (GB)and Smith (KC), but both have played LT for most of their careers, very successfully.. Both are in their early 30s and having them play could help others that have performed poorly.

Doing nothing will only make things worse.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a lose is a lose, Mr. Participation Trophy.
How about thinking a little deeper. What the fuck do you lose in the Preseason? What do you gain from a loss? You try things and fail and you gain experience without jeopardy. Do it in the regular season and failure still gets you experience, but at a hit to the record.

Preseason isn't about winning games, it's about gaining experience. If all goes well you win games. If not you know what needs attention.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye looked pretty good. You can see him getting better every week of the preseason.

Dial even though he’s a rookie is the worst DB I’ve ever seen. Atrocious last week and maybe even worse tonight.
Azizzi Hearn is worse and the 1st one cut. He should have been cut after preseason game #1

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about thinking a little deeper. What the fuck do you lose in the Preseason? What do you gain from a loss? You try things and fail and you gain experience without jeopardy. Do it in the regular season and failure still gets you experience, but at a hit to the record.

Preseason isn't about winning games, it's about gaining experience. If all goes well you win games. If not you know what needs attention.
There is really no need to think deeper, a lose is a lose, period.

Would you like to tell us what your pronouns are now? You can't just up and change something because it fits your narrative. Do you think the players wanted to lose?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A preseason loss indicates that a certain portion of the team has work that must be done to correct a weakness. The expectation is that these weaknesses are pointed out and addressed during the following week's practice. Repetition of the same, indicates one or two things.
1. The coaching staff incorrectly addressed a problem and it reoccurred.
2. The players did not fully understand the coaching changes and reverted to the problem style.
3. The staff and the players encountered a totally different set of problems from the first week and need to address those.

Now comes the final preseason game and the expectations are that the players finally have a grip on what and how they are supposed to play. In the case of the Patriots, the OL with the exception of the RG and RT were completely out of sync. Sow hurt his right leg, knee or ankle and had to be replaced. Wallace was moved from LT to RG and Diesch took over at LT. Immediately got a holding call and pretty much played well after.

Here's the problem going forward. Vederian Lowe is the coaching choice for LT, but he's hurt. Okafor cannot play LT, especially against any team's normal starters. Diesch would be overmatched, but might be able to keep the QB from getting green teeth. Wolfe has to make a positive decision, regardless of how bad he may think it makes him look. Patriots are third on the waiver wire and need to exercise their position.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really no need to think deeper, a lose is a lose, period.

Would you like to tell us what your pronouns are now? You can't just up and change something because it fits your narrative. Do you think the players wanted to lose?
Loss.

Sorry brain cramps