• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #3 NE Patriots vs Washington Commanders Sunday Aug. 25, 2024 8:00 PM (TBD)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A preseason loss indicates that a certain portion of the team has work that must be done to correct a weakness. The expectation is that these weaknesses are pointed out and addressed during the following week's practice. Repetition of the same, indicates one or two things.
1. The coaching staff incorrectly addressed a problem and it reoccurred.
2. The players did not fully understand the coaching changes and reverted to the problem style.
3. The staff and the players encountered a totally different set of problems from the first week and need to address those.

Now comes the final preseason game and the expectations are that the players finally have a grip on what and how they are supposed to play. In the case of the Patriots, the OL with the exception of the RG and RT were completely out of sync. Sow hurt his right leg, knee or ankle and had to be replaced. Wallace was moved from LT to RG and Diesch took over at LT. Immediately got a holding call and pretty much played well after.

Here's the problem going forward. Vederian Lowe is the coaching choice for LT, but he's hurt. Okafor cannot play LT, especially against any team's normal starters. Diesch would be overmatched, but might be able to keep the QB from getting green teeth. Wolfe has to make a positive decision, regardless of how bad he may think it makes him look. Patriots are third on the waiver wire and need to exercise their position.
I think we all agree there are things to be learned in both victory and defeat, but in the end a W is a W and a L is an L.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree there are things to be learned in both victory and defeat, but in the end a W is a W and a L is an L.
We won the 1st half with good players and play,
We lost the second half with poor play and maybe from players who can't play at this level........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W is a W and a L is an L.
Wins inspire confidence and inaugurate a taste for more. Loss is disheartening and a sense of "I don't want to go through that again." Coaches have the same feeling and it takes a ton of effort to try to work a bunch of losers back to a feeling that all is not lost. Start losing three of four in a row and it's damn near impossible to rebuild confidence. That's when a coach has to switch horses and start striking fear of not having a place in the future of a team. The greatest motivator is fear. Fight or flight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most intriguing sight to me in this game was after a bad snap and fumble,
David Andrews mouth was hanging open on the sideline in disbelief!
Our O'line was getting hit by the talking heads this morning but actually, they played pretty well until the replacements came in......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really no need to think deeper, a lose is a lose, period.

Would you like to tell us what your pronouns are now? You can't just up and change something because it fits your narrative. Do you think the players wanted to lose?
Fuck off, that's you being a douche instead engaging in a valid discussion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won the 1st half with good players and play,
We lost the second half with poor play and maybe from players who can't play at this level........
We lost the game, period, it's not as if the commanders were playing their starters. I don't care about half's the end result is what matters

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off, that's you being a douche instead engaging in a valid discussion.
douche is a French word meaning "to clean or sanitize".

In 'Nam we all called our individual cleaning containers that held our soap, tooth brush and razor as well as toiletries, our douche kit.

The Patriots need a serious douching of the OL.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a lose is a lose, Mr. Participation Trophy.
Off season is not the season.

If they learned from it and can make improvements based on what they learned, then the score doesn't matter.
Conversely, if they win every preseason game and then go 0-17 in the real season, again, does the preseason score matter?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they learned from it and can make improvements based on what they learned, then the score doesn't matter.
Conversely, if they win every preseason game and then go 0-17 in the real season, again, does the preseason score matter?
I agree

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conversely, if they win every preseason game and then go 0-17 in the real season, again, does the preseason score matter

Is losing a game that doesn't count really losing? Any path to getting better (without putting a real L on the board) is a win to me. But was it a path to improvement? Only the staff and players would know that.

This is the question I was answering. And in the simplest terms a loss is a loss, regardless of whether it's preseason or regular season. Losing is losing.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,177.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

funny u should mention that the year the lions went 0-16 they were 4-0 in the preseason :suds: