• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rose Bowl

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2fb3eadb-970d-4d07-9914-532f2ad7990f_500.jpg

Is that a picture of Urban in his job in 3 years?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a picture of Urban in his job in 3 years?

I know how desperate ya'll are for that to be true... not likely though, so you're just gonna have to figure out how to beat us some other way... :yahoo:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possiblity =/= probablity. *Like I said, that's a long shot, but both Michigan and Stanford are among the favorites to win their respective conferences, and if the cards fall just right either (or both) *could go undefeated. *Mind you I am not saying they will, nor would I bet anything on that.

Michigan is not "The" favorite to win the conference. How ever they might be # 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is not "The" favorite to win the conference. How ever they might be # 2.

Possiblity =/= probablity. *Like I said, that's a long shot, but both Michigan and Stanford are among the favorites to win their respective conferences, and if the cards fall just right either (or both) *could go undefeated. *Mind you I am not saying they will, nor would I bet anything on that.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how desperate ya'll are for that to be true... not likely though, so you're just gonna have to figure out how to beat us some other way... :yahoo:
Why? Meyer is only 1-1 against Michigan. It's funny really how big a deal you make of Urban Meyer, meh, he's a quality coach who won a national title with Zook's recruits. But remember, John Cooper was a quality coach, remind me again, how'd that work out for ya?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hence why I said, "among." I agree, Ohio State is "the" favorite, but ask most people if Ohio State is not the team to win the Big Ten, then who, a lot will answer Michigan.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Meyer is only 1-1 against Michigan. It's funny really how big a deal you make of Urban Meyer, meh, he's a quality coach who won a national title with Zook's recruits. But remember, John Cooper was a quality coach, remind me again, how'd that work out for ya?

Meh? Dude has accomplished more than any Michigan coach other than Fieding Yost. Get real, dude.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blows my mind that a Michigan team who won only 8 games last year, no returning starter at qb, and was smoked by Nebraska, is ranked AHEAD of Nebraska. Laughable.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh? Dude has accomplished more than any Michigan coach other than Fieding Yost. Get real, dude.

Crisler? Kipke? Schembechler?!?!?!?!?!

:lol:

Keep sipping that Kool-aid.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crisler? Kipke? Schembechler?!?!?!?!?!

:lol:

Keep sipping that Kool-aid.
One you mentioned won 2 NC and that was in the 30s. I do like Bo the Ohio guy but he never won a NC.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One you mentioned won 2 NC and that was in the 30s. I do like Bo the Ohio guy but he never won a NC.

Crisler won his title in 1947, i.e. not the 30's. I know it's asking a lot from people who received their education at Ohio, but please try to get your facts staight.

As for Bo not winning a national title, it didn't mean as much back then. Bo's goals were to win the Big Ten and go to the Rose Bowl. He couldn't give two shits about what the AP had to say about his team. Furthermore, there was no BCS. How many BCS title games would have Michigan gone to under Schembechler if it had existed in the 70's? On the flip side, would have Meyer won the national title in 2006 if the BCS didn't exist? I would bet no, had there been no BCS Ohio State would have gone to the Rose Bowl as the Big Ten champs and played then ranked #4 USC. The winner of that match up would have been crowned champs and Florida would have been on the outside looking in.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blows my mind that a Michigan team who won only 8 games last year, no returning starter at qb, and was smoked by Nebraska, is ranked AHEAD of Nebraska. Laughable.

Smoked is a bit of exaggeration. The main reason that Nebraska won that game was the injury to Denard Robinson. And given how well Gardner preformed in the remaining 5 games (so they have a psuedo-returning starter at QB) had he palyed instead of Bellomy, and how well the defense played, good chance Michigan wins.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crisler won his title in 1947, i.e. not the 30's. I know it's asking a lot from people who received their education at Ohio, but please try to get your facts staight.

As for Bo not winning a national title, it didn't mean as much back then. Bo's goals were to win the Big Ten and go to the Rose Bowl. He couldn't give two shits about what the AP had to say about his team. Furthermore, there was no BCS. How many BCS title games would have Michigan gone to under Schembechler if it had existed in the 70's? On the flip side, would have Meyer won the national title in 2006 if the BCS didn't exist? I would bet no, had there been no BCS Ohio State would have gone to the Rose Bowl as the Big Ten champs and played then ranked #4 USC. The winner of that match up would have been crowned champs and Florida would have been on the outside looking in.

You really think Yost would've won all those titles if he actually had to play more than a few teams a year? Football wasn't widespread back then so he won a bunch of games against ragtag teams that were half-assed assembled just to put something on the field.

Meyer > any Michigan coach ever.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoked is a bit of exaggeration. The main reason that Nebraska won that game was the injury to Denard Robinson. And given how well Gardner preformed in the remaining 5 games (so they have a psuedo-returning starter at QB) had he palyed instead of Bellomy, and how well the defense played, good chance Michigan wins.

So is your mind just completely blown that Neveaska is ahead of Wisconsin?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything you just said was purely hypothetical. Every coach in every era has a chance to win a national title. You either win them or you don't.

Meyer has won more than all of those coaches. End of discussion.

Maybe you should worry about your current coach who has yet to even win a conference title even when he was coaching in the Mid Majors.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigans back end of their schedule is daunting. Even if they beat Nebraska at home there's no guarantee they beat them out for the division.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get 2 of our top 3 divisional opponents at home.
Northwestern and MSU. Michigan has to play at northwestern and at MSU. Plus we avoid Ohio and WiSconsin in favor of Illinois and purdue. schedule favors Nebraska heavily. Michigan is 3rd strongest team in division at best. Another 8 win season wouldn't surprise anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead and read what I wrote again and then rethink this statement. I even bolded the part you need to look at. I realize my Ohio education may not be up to par but I seem to be able to comprehend what I am reading much better than you with that Michigan education. Asking a lot?

The NC didn't mean as much? Well when you do not win them I guess they do not mean as much.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL you only won that game cause Denard was out and our coaches are idiots for even thinking Russell could play QB. 3rd best in the division LOL WUT?