• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MY should get to work with guys like Rua. MY had an amazing contact rate in general, but his contact rate in the strike zone was top notch. Was a shame when he lost his bat speed, because that contact rate turned him into a DP machine.

Difference between those famous MY singles to Right Center and being behind an inch got him rollovers to 2nd and DPs. Wonder how many of his 2375 hits were within +/- 10 feet of the RCF gap centerline?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are probably right on both points but i'm tired of waiting om Moreland to fulfill his potential and Rua will reach his before Moreland does

Yes, and the point of having Rua hit a little lower in the order is to get him some pitches to hit.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between those famous MY singles to Right Center and being behind an inch got him rollovers to 2nd and DPs. Wonder how many of his 2375 hits were within +/- 10 feet of the RCF gap centerline?
What in the world happened to him between 2011 and 2012...He was so locked in in 2011.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rougned Odor (International 2011) and Ryan Rua (2011 #17) are the only two positional players since Justin Smoak and Joey Butler were drafted in 2008 and Mike Olt in 2010 to make it to the big club.

In the same time ... Nick Martinez (also 2011 right behind Rua at #18) and Justin Grimm, Nick Tepesch, Ben Rowen and Alex Claudio all drafted in 2010 have or are making a show for TEX.

Opportunities to pitch are more plentiful than those opportunities to move up for positional players. Especially for TEX the last two seasons.

But Odor and Rua have shown they are special.

Ian Kinsler was a 17th Round pick too back in 2003.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers OF Delino DeShields is day to day

Rangers outfielder Delino DeShields is day to day with a hamstring injury, according to MLB.com.

DeShields could be sent back to the Astros if he is not on the Rangers' opening day roster. He is working to become the fourth outfielder for the Rangers.

Rangers manager Jeff Banister likes his speed and hopes he comes into his own.

"It's fun to see his speed come into play," manager Jeff Banister said. "Those are things the scouts talk about, the speed element, and [the bat] has shown up a few times this spring. Obviously we know what he can do on the bases, but we need to see what other skills he can show. His at-bats have been good. We have seen some nice things show up."

DeShields, 22, is not expected to be out for long, but each day he misses lessens his chances of making the team.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schoenfield should consider finding another job.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/55701/rangers-should-consider-trading-belter

We haven't even started the season yet and it's already beginning. I don't think we'll win this division because I think Seattle is very good, but I didn't expect us to win in 2010 either. I'm not ready to start thinking of trading Beltre.

So, "big seasons" from Fielder AND Choo + "a lot going right" for the entire pitching staff + "rapid improvement" from a solid rookie season from Odor (+ the contributions of everyone else, obviously) = a .500 team?

I'm certainly not suggesting they'd light the world on fire, but if all those things listed happen, I can't see the Rangers only reaching 81 wins.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, "big seasons" from Fielder AND Choo + "a lot going right" for the entire pitching staff + "rapid improvement" from a solid rookie season from Odor (+ the contributions of everyone else, obviously) = a .500 team?

I'm certainly not suggesting they'd light the world on fire, but if all those things listed happen, I can't see the Rangers only reaching 81 wins.

These guys don't have a clue. That's fine, let them undersell the Rangers.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys don't have a clue. That's fine, let them undersell the Rangers.

But they really probably aren't a .500 team without Darvish. I don't think that makes them a 60 win team, but 75-78 is my guess. I don't think that is too bearish either.

Schoenfield goes off the reservation when he acts like Beltre hitting 19 homers was all physical decline. Sure some of it is age because his ISO and SLG are trending downward, but the guy wasn't getting anything to hit last season. Beltre had his highest walk rate since 2000 last season and put up his third best wRC+. That and he seems to think Gallo is going to play third base in the majors, when defensively he's just not suited for it in the bigs. I don't get why Schoenfield has a job. He never seems to be right season to season.

ESPN makes it a point of keeping people who know very little around. I could list them all, but it would take all day.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they really probably aren't a .500 team without Darvish. I don't think that makes them a 60 win team, but 75-78 is my guess. I don't think that is too bearish either.

Schoenfield goes off the reservation when he acts like Beltre hitting 19 homers was all physical decline. Sure some of it is age because his ISO and SLG are trending downward, but the guy wasn't getting anything to hit last season. Beltre had his highest walk rate since 2000 last season and put up his third best wRC+. That and he seems to think Gallo is going to play third base in the majors, when defensively he's just not suited for it in the bigs. I don't get why Schoenfield has a job. He never seems to be right season to season.

ESPN makes it a point of keeping people who know very little around. I could list them all, but it would take all day.

If they get everything Eph was pointing out, I'd say they are a .500 team. And yea, it never ceases to amaze how lacking in knowledge ESPN's "analysts" are.