• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not feeling too good about having Deshields make the squad. I know he has speed which will help on defense when he would cover for someone but offensively it does him no good if he cannot get on base. I hope we have someone else who can backup Martin.

Rule 5 guys don't often make it past May.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been out of pocket a while. Have we gotten an answer on back up catcher yet?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime I get sorta excited about baseball I remember that on Tuesday Darvish is having surgery...It makes me hate Washington and JJT even more for their dumbass comments last fall...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime I get sorta excited about baseball I remember that on Tuesday Darvish is having surgery...It makes me hate Washington and JJT even more for their dumbass comments last fall...

Not to mention Watkins. I remember Bennie showed us a few emails he exchanged with him that further revealed what a dumb ass he was, and an obstinate one at that.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Watkins. I remember Bennie showed us a few emails he exchanged with him that further revealed what a dumb ass he was, and an obstinate one at that.
Yeah, he wanted Darvish to just miss 2 or 3 starts instead of asking to go on the DL. What a moron he was.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you Jeff Banister.

He announced that Leonys will be the leadoff hitter.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you Jeff Banister.

He announced that Leonys will be the leadoff hitter.

I get the sense that Bannister is going to give each player the opportunity to succeed or fail on their merits. He'll support em, challenge em, but they will know what is expected. No one should have a problem with this.

And it doesn't surprise me at all he's putting LM in the LO spot now. If he can produce there, it sure makes the entire lineup stronger.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the sense that Bannister is going to give each player the opportunity to succeed or fail on their merits. He'll support em, challenge em, but they will know what is expected. No one should have a problem with this.

And it doesn't surprise me at all he's putting LM in the LO spot now. If he can produce there, it sure makes the entire lineup stronger.
It likely means that Elvis is back in the 2 hole, because I don't see him going lefty lefty to start games with Leonys and Choo back to back. Hopefully Elvis can be free to not think about bunting or other crap that Wash filled his head with and he can become resurgent. I remember when Elvis took walks. Since 2010 his BB% has been in decline.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It likely means that Elvis is back in the 2 hole, because I don't see him going lefty lefty to start games with Leonys and Choo back to back. Hopefully Elvis can be free to not think about bunting or other crap that Wash filled his head with and he can become resurgent. I remember when Elvis took walks. Since 2010 his BB% has been in decline.[/QUOTE]

I gonna take a cheap shot here at RW by stating I think the entire 25 man team will player with more confidence and more loosely than under his tutelage. And for all the obvious reasons.

Like I said, it appears Bannister is gonna give everyone enough rope to either do the job or hang themselves.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Chirinos and Odor in #8 and #9?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chirinos and Odor in #8 and #9?

I like the idea of Odor hitting 9th. Have a guy there that can hurt you before turning the order over. However that puts two lefties back to back if martin is leading off.

Martin
Andrus
Choo
Beltre
Fielder
Moreland/Ludwick???
Rua
Odor
Chirinos

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Odor hitting 9th. Have a guy there that can hurt you before turning the order over. However that puts two lefties back to back if martin is leading off.

Martin
Andrus
Choo
Beltre
Fielder
Moreland/Ludwick???
Chirinos
Odor
Rua

Should give Rua some pitches to hit before turning the order over. You could flip Rua and Chirinos.

Heh. we had nearly the same damn order.