• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe he's out. But this is the best timetable/repair&recovery option, glad it's all settled.

Agree completely.

And just like Norm was discussing yesterday, you really can't blame him for getting as many opinions as necessary for him to feel comfortable making this, perhaps life changing, decision.

Norm's producer said approximately 20% of the TJ patients never return to form. So the decision to do this has to be at least somewhat frightening.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I don't think it's widely known, but Darvish has a pretty keen sense of humor. From his press conference today:

"“My mentality and my approach may be different than others in terms of how or why I do things. Sooner or later, I will write about it. It will be in my book. So, please buy it.”

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scotty, I don't believe they are trying to rush anyone.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk (The TC)
How much worse would Yu Darvish's injury have been if he had, as one media member suggested, "pitched through the pain". Why is it so hard for people to understand that playing through injuries is even worse for guys?

Klaw
(1:09 PM)

The local media around the Rangers has some of the worst hacks in the business (and some great writers too). The guys down there who questioned his effort or accused him of "quitting" last year need to find something else to do for a living. I don't do #hottakes, I don't like reading or hearing them, and I get pretty hacked off when I see that stuff lobbed at baseball players who don't deserve it.

----------------------------

:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kirk (The TC)
How much worse would Yu Darvish's injury have been if he had, as one media member suggested, "pitched through the pain". Why is it so hard for people to understand that playing through injuries is even worse for guys?

Klaw
(1:09 PM)

The local media around the Rangers has some of the worst hacks in the business (and some great writers too). The guys down there who questioned his effort or accused him of "quitting" last year need to find something else to do for a living. I don't do #hottakes, I don't like reading or hearing them, and I get pretty hacked off when I see that stuff lobbed at baseball players who don't deserve it.

----------------------------

:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

Serious question ... who are the good ones? Living in AR can just take 24/7 Razorback football just so far. I used to appreciate one particular former FWST columnist. But maybe I was in the minority.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Calvin Watkins! How big of an ass do you look like now? Go suck a dick you bumbling buffoon!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question ... who are the good ones? Living in AR can just take 24/7 Razorback football just so far. I used to appreciate one particular former FWST columnist. But maybe I was in the minority.

I really enjoy most of the writers at the News. Gosselin, George, Moore, Sabin & Cowlishaw all do a nice job to me. I don't hold Grant in super high esteem, but I don't have the disdain that some on here do.

Are you speaking of Mr. Galloway? hahaha Randy, at one time, was one of my favorites. But over the latter part of his career, he turned into a bitter-old, muck-raker. Got where I couldn't listen to his show and his columns were nothing but him being a contrarian.

Now Calvin Watkins was bad, and full of crap on top of it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really enjoy most of the writers at the News. Gosselin, George, Moore, Sabin & Cowlishaw all do a nice job to me. I don't hold Grant in super high esteem, but I don't have the disdain that some on here do.

Are you speaking of Mr. Galloway? hahaha Randy, at one time, was one of my favorites. But over the latter part of his career, he turned into a bitter-old, muck-raker. Got where I couldn't listen to his show and his columns were nothing but him being a contrarian.

Now Calvin Watkins was bad, and full of crap on top of it.

Little Ball of Hate

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick 1st inning for Peavy, 3 groundouts to Panik. Deshields, Lucas and Gallo all gb's to the 2nd baseman

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here the interview with Gallo this morning with Norm?

Seems like a great kid, terrific attitude and confidence aplenty. Not cocky. Just confident.

He pitched a no-hitter in high school, played some SS and feels he's a much better athlete than most people know or think.

As far as moving positions, he's got no problem with doing so, but feels he'd be a damn good 3B.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick 1st inning for Peavy, 3 groundouts to Panik. Deshields, Lucas and Gallo all gb's to the 2nd baseman

Not feeling too good about having Deshields make the squad. I know he has speed which will help on defense when he would cover for someone but offensively it does him no good if he cannot get on base. I hope we have someone else who can backup Martin.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez with a nice BOT2.

I'll say. Strikes out the side. I really like this guy. He did well last year considering his sooner that should have been call up. He has some decent stuff.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feeling too good about having Deshields make the squad. I know he has speed which will help on defense when he would cover for someone but offensively it does him no good if he cannot get on base. I hope we have someone else who can backup Martin.

Yeah I don't know how much time they will give him, seems like he's had opportunities. Im not sure I wouldn't rather have still had Odubel Herrera though?