• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feeling too good about having Deshields make the squad. I know he has speed which will help on defense when he would cover for someone but offensively it does him no good if he cannot get on base. I hope we have someone else who can backup Martin.

We do, Hoying. I'd much rather have Hoying the DeShields. I kinda want Peguero to make the team too, but I bet Ludwick does.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do, Hoying. I'd much rather have Hoying the DeShields. I kinda want Peguero to make the team too, but I bet Ludwick does.

It never fails that when I say something negative about a player he does well. I just need to kick everyone of these guys into the ground. :)

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never fails that when I say something negative about a player he does well. I just need to kick everyone of these guys into the ground. :)

He also had a bunt single earlier with the infield playing in. The kid can fly, but I prefer the speed and power that Hoying possesses.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am with you on this. Even Smolinski. Give me 2 of those 3.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo just singled and stole second... GALLOTHEFT?

Dude, if this guy turns out to be able to steal 15 bases or so a year I'll be ecstatic.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really happy with our pitching for the most part. Hope this is a sign of things to come. I know you cannot completely tell from ST but it beats getting your brains beat out there.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are seeing a lot from Gallo today what Thad Levine had in mind yesterday. 4 more ABs without a strikeout. This kid really made some strides between the end of last season and ST this year.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranaudo among Rangers' arms getting healthy | texasrangers.com

Some great stuff from this article.

Anthony Ranaudo reported no problems with his right elbow after arriving to the clubhouse on Friday. He was pulled from Thursday's start against the White Sox when he experienced discomfort in the elbow, but it was a precautionary measure. He could be ready to pitch again as early as Tuesday against the Dodgers, although the Rangers have not announced their pitching plans that far ahead.

In the intense competition for a spot in the bullpen, right-handed reliever Phil Klein has been impressive early in the Cactus League season. Klein has faced eight hitters and retired them all, including four strikeouts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klein has faced three left-handed hitters and struck out two. That's noteworthy because left-handed hitters batted .308 off him last year, while right-handers hit just .073. Klein relies mainly on a fastball and slider, but he is trying to develop a changeup to help deal with left-handed hitters.

"I have a new grip and it is feeling pretty good," Klein said. "I wanted to give myself something for left-handers and that's the pitch to do it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Manager Jeff Banister on outfielder Jake Smolinski: "Straight bulldog. Wants to post up in the box and beat you every day."

• Banister refers to outfielder Jared Hoying as a guy who "digs it out of the dirt." Banister said that means, "A guy who doesn't do one thing better than others but he finds a way. He is willing to be multi-functional on the field and do what it takes to help his ballclub win."

Mitch Moreland is slated to bat third as the designated hitter on Saturday against the Padres. Adrian Beltre is batting fourth and Prince Fielder is in the fifth spot as Banister continues to experiment with his lineup. Moreland is 2-for-9 with a home run in his first three games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat ya to it Bennie. :D

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa. I had to watch it about 4 times so that slowed me down.

I did too. That is the definition of light tower power. I really hope he doesn't go the way of Chris Davis. The guy might have just enough cockiness to pull it off though.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Claudio, Mendez, Feliz to finish them off today?