• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tep was better today it seems, nice

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo's strike out numbers thus far are encouraging.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Thad Levine on the radio today on 103.3 and he talked about Gallo in the most candid way that I have heard someone from the front office talk about him. He said they expect Gallo to come up sometime this season and it was clear he wasn't talking about as a September call up. I have been kind of thinking late July or early August myself, but I have never heard someone from the team come close to saying something like that. He also mentioned that he thought Gallo could come up and play a corner OF spot, 1B, or 3B if needed.

Interesting. Wonder where they'll play him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Levine was on Hitzges this morning and didn't get near this "candid" as he did with the ESPN guys.

I'm quite surprised he made statements regarding Gallo at other positions and coming to the ML without having much of a sniff in the minors at anything other than 3rd.

But hey....I guess we'll see as the season, and Gallo himself progresses.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he gets some defensive looks at the OF in AA then. I also hope he doesn't drown facing a full year of AA pitching. High hopes for that dude.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets some defensive looks at the OF in AA then. I also hope he doesn't drown facing a full year of AA pitching. High hopes for that dude.

Well, if he drowns facing AA pitching this will make Levine look ridiculous at best by saying such candid opinions in early ST don't ya think?

We're all in high hopes, but I swear on the Ticket today he didn't get near such a subject as "suggesting" JG would be up this season, at any position. JD hasn't indicated such optimism either.

But again, we'll see.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he drowns facing AA pitching this will make Levine look ridiculous at best by saying such candid opinions in early ST don't ya think?

We're all in high hopes, but I swear on the Ticket today he didn't get near such a subject as "suggesting" JG would be up this season, at any position. JD hasn't indicated such optimism either.

But again, we'll see.

The guys doing the interview kind of did a double take and one said something like "well this is breaking news."

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But again, we'll see.

Thad would know more about him than I do, thankfully. I like that he's talking Gallo up. Just crossing my fingers that Joey can deliver. I would love to see him hit .260/.330/.550 in the majors.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hilarious.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thad would know more about him than I do, thankfully. I like that he's talking Gallo up. Just crossing my fingers that Joey can deliver. I would love to see him hit .260/.330/.550 in the majors.

Long term, I hope he'd hit for a little higher average. .270-.280 range.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the average is about right, the OBP should probably be higher with that average though

If he can hit .260 at the ML level people aren't gonna wanna pitch to him

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man-O-man.....if he can hit .275 at the ML level then he'll be a 38 HR/110 RBI guy a season, without question.

Sound about right to you?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the average is about right, the OBP should probably be higher with that average though

If he can hit .260 at the ML level people aren't gonna wanna pitch to him
That's a good point. If he can make better contact that BB rate will shoot upward in a hurry.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard Thad Levine on the radio today on 103.3 and he talked about Gallo in the most candid way that I have heard someone from the front office talk about him. He said they expect Gallo to come up sometime this season and it was clear he wasn't talking about as a September call up. I have been kind of thinking late July or early August myself, but I have never heard someone from the team come close to saying something like that. He also mentioned that he thought Gallo could come up and play a corner OF spot, 1B, or 3B if needed.

:wtf2:

Strange. Sure it wasn't the Fake Thad? Even if TEX was considering that ... how do they send him to AA after ST? If Gallo now has an expectation that he's going to be called up "and play a corner OF, 1B, or 3B". So now when Gallo goes wherever they send him ... what are his expectations of where he will play? Perhaps these are your words ... maybe Thad's ... but he said first: COF, next: 1B and then last: 3B? That is upside down from what he has been doing in ST.

If he then went on Norm's after ESPN and was less 'candid' ... my bet is that JD spoke to him about what he may have said.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys doing the interview kind of did a double take and one said something like "well this is breaking news."

I bet. hahaha

I know I'm more than surprised b/c this morning he gave a terrific and open discussion with Norm without getting close to such a pronouncement.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strange. Sure it wasn't the Fake Thad? Even if TEX was considering that ... how do they send him to AA after ST? If Gallo now has an expectation that he's going to be called up "and play a corner OF, 1B, or 3B". So now when Gallo goes wherever they send him ... what are his expectations of where he will play? Perhaps these are your words ... maybe Thad's ... but he said first: COF, next: 1B and then last: 3B? That is upside down from what he has been doing in ST.

If he then went on Norm's after ESPN and was less 'candid' ... my bet is that JD spoke to him about what he may have said.
I didn't put the positions in the same order Thad did because I didn't get that the order he said them in was important to Thad. He was on Norm's show first and then on 103.3 a few hours later. Actually what he said didn't surprise me as much that he actually said it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I listened intently to him on Norm's show at 11:30ish today. I have no idea when the ESPN interview took place.

He was terrific on Hitzges, and I came away very impressed. Honestly, had I heard him say this about Gallo then, I would've been shocked at best. This comes outta LF - pun intended - to me he'd paint himself into such a corner.